Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:06:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Belgian Browning A5 12ga (1970 vintage) with a bent barrel gifted to me by one of my late uncles. I had it cut down to 18” from 28” and recrowned. The wood was in bad shape but we restored it to like new with a nice linseed oil finish. Still shoots beautifully. It is a permanent piece in my collection because my uncle George was a badass WWII vet and the year of manufacture is my birth year.

Fast forward to now, I have a Beretta 1301 tactical and love it (thanks to James Reeves and his review).

I also have sort of an unusual auto but it’s a diamond in the rough really. The IWI TS12. Three five round mag tubes for 15+1 12ga 2 3/4” shells and it’s oh so fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#2]
My M1 Super 90 is plenty good enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just as long as you aren't using a Winchester model of 1911, they'll all do.
View Quote

I want one of those. I've only seen one firsthand, missed another on the EE.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Being able to shoot soft targets loads and 3.5” goose loads with no adjustments or swapping parts or barrels.

11-87 was never offered as a 3.5” gun. The 870 Super Mag or whatever (which took 3.5” loads) was a piece of junk.

Lots of duck hunters seek out certain Italian guns because they can “float the 4th” and load four shells in a gun which is plugged to hold 3.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s the main advantage of the newer Italian guns?

Being able to shoot soft targets loads and 3.5” goose loads with no adjustments or swapping parts or barrels.

11-87 was never offered as a 3.5” gun. The 870 Super Mag or whatever (which took 3.5” loads) was a piece of junk.

Lots of duck hunters seek out certain Italian guns because they can “float the 4th” and load four shells in a gun which is plugged to hold 3.

The 11-87 was indeed offered with a 3 1/2 inch chamber. I had one.

Floating a 4th round in the Italian guns is as illegal as leaving your magazine plug at home. Technically the magazine should be plugged to one round because of the capability, but it doesn't get enforced. Get caught duck hunting with a floating round though, and they'll definitely enforce it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dont be mad because it hurts your shoulder.
View Quote

Yeah

I love the look just not the kick
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont be mad because it hurts your shoulder.

Yeah

Shooting one with springs that aren't worn out is a whole different experience.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In the past 20 years I’ve seen mostly M1 super 90s and rem 1187s.

Seems like those have gone instinct for the new crop of bennelli m4 and berettas

Can the M1 and 1187 still hang?  What’s the main advantage of the newer Italian guns?

View Quote

The M1 is almost identical to the M2 and can most assuredly still hang.  I would take an M2 over the 1301 or M4.  The Remington guns don't handle extreme high round counts as well as the Benelli shotguns.  

inertia > gas

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Benelli's Inertia system is better than what the crayon eaters use! Prove me wrong!
View Quote

I can't prove you wrong when you are correct.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You mean extinct?  The M1 Super 90 was discontinued over a decade ago….

M2 was an improved recoil operated design over the M1 and the M4 is a dual gas system…
View Quote

M1 and M2 are almost identical.  Many parts interchange.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You mean extinct?  The M1 Super 90 was discontinued over a decade ago….

M2 was an improved recoil operated design over the M1 and the M4 is a dual gas system…
View Quote

Main differences between M1 and M2

Receiver not lightened on M1

Trigger housing Aluminum alloy not plastic on M1

Barrel rib a bit taller on the M1 (easier to fit a flip up 10-22 type sight)

Barrel lug support shorter on the M1 (that,s why you need to open up the M1 fore end to fit an M2 barrel)

Stock thicker and heavier on M1, no "comfort Tech"....(put on a nice thick Limb Saver or Kick-Eeze and same same!)

M1 weighs 1/2 -3/4 pound more depending on configuration.

All internal parts from an M2/M1 fit each other......and many other guns as well.

An M2 choke is an extended choke for an M1, M1 chokes DO NOT fit an M2.....too shallow on threads!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Had a few other semi's, never fell in love with any of them until this one.

Made in 1913 and still better than most of the semis out today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Beretta 1201FP.  Eats everything I give it.  Super fast, kicks like a mule and runs like a top.  Mesa Tactical PG stock makes it the best bang for the buck semi on the market…if you can find them anymore at yesterday prices.  Not as soft as gas operated, but none of the problems from some of the gas systems.  Would like it to have more capacity, but with as fast as it throws lead down range, it’ll be good for real world events

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/207596/20B7F7BB-92EC-4FF8-A20D-BAA1EC810EB8_jpe-2129031.JPG
View Quote

At $300 they were great Benelli alternatives.  At $600 today, not so much IMHO.  Or at least I stopped buying them
I try to acquire M1S90s... I have an infrastructure of parts and don't want new things.  But if starting from scratch now it would probably be V3 and the Tac-13.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top