BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Report soon...

At home like most, not working.  While sorting through a pile of hoses yesterday, a light bulb in my noggin went on.   I have access to a very nice automatic hose crimper.  I hacksawed the ferrule off a rotted Cyclon 2nd stage to salvage the inner fitting.
Chopped an over sized bc inflator hose and crimped the proprietary Poseidon fitting with new ferrule.
I still need the adapters, but this allows me use what I have and not have to purchase a hose as well (Poseidon=$$$).  I will be installing a Poseidon octo down the road.  I have acquired an addotional set, but ALL soft goods are toast.

Recovered parts from 2 hoses.

Primary hose complete

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the WW2 issue/dated MIL-SPEC booklet on the early SCUBA "Dress" as they call it
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally made it out after a month SI on a private boat (charters are still verboten).
Got to try the Cyklon 2nd (married to a Sherwood 5700).  This thing is a tonsil rattler.  I am hooked.  Still have to use on a complete set though.
Sea was bumpy out of Hillsborough inlet, but calmed a bit in the PM.
Also tried my new Wuhan purchase.. AB Biller 42 Special.
I have rotator cuff (sp?) issues and practiced loading on dry land.  No go in the water. I will need to move bailout from slung to piggy back on main tank as it is just in the way. Also, I am going to make a loading tool to help with my situation. Dive buddy did well with mutton and lionfish and a visit from a bull.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I am envious!

up here, unless you own your own compressed, you are SOOL...

SCUBA obviously "non essential" and charters/shops threatened with massive fines if they don't comply... so you can guess how this is looking along with everything else...

I found some other stuff that I am going to DX that I will send down your way so you can stay busy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am envious!

up here, unless you own your own compressed, you are SOOL...

SCUBA obviously "non essential" and charters/shops threatened with massive fines if they don't comply... so you can guess how this is looking along with everything else...

I found some other stuff that I am going to DX that I will send down your way so you can stay busy.
View Quote

@heron163

I'm in the Chicago area. My dive shop is still open. They do a lot of repairs for public safety teams, the CG, etc. The store is open by appt for fills and such. None of the IL quarries are open, but two in OH are open and another in WI. I'm doing to OH next weekend and two weeks later to WI.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Picked up an SPG that I think will complement the Poseidon.
BIG, .38 spl for comparison.

@Marie A few shops have made themselves essential, mine included.

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Been fortunate enough to be busy working and diving.
Cyklon is coming along and working well.

I have purchaed all the soft goods for another Cyklon 2nd that will be safe 2nd.

Changed the bands on my gun already .  Salvimar acid green

Had to switch from slung bailout to BM to clear up real estate to allow loading the gun.  The Trident quick draw works well.

I changed the SS cable to crimped mono as the oem cable kept coming undone.
Left hand valve with Scubapro MK2 and Sherwood puck 2nd.  Bailout charged and turned off until needed.

Now a few nice Hog Fish would be a nice reward for all this.  I am only seeing marginal sized fish so far.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought the Cyklon would be a good match with the LP 45 twins as far as single hose regs goes, so tried it out last night after work on a stormy shore dive.  Paired with DGX 24lb wing.
Love it.

Can do without the thunder storms though while diving.

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]
That's the only IV seen other than mine
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I love this thread!  All of my gear is modern though. I dive a Oxycheq 30# with Apeks xtx regs.

Keep posting as time goes by.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top