Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2021 11:34:23 PM EDT
Okay guys this is an old Timex I found in a desk drawer in the late 70s. My grandpa worked on the Railroad. This was a cheap watch he had worn at one time and was thrown in a junk drawer.
I found it snooping when I was a kid after he had passed.
My Mom said keep it.
Totally forgot about it and was cleaning some coin boxes out in my safe and found it today. I remember it worked when I wound it up back then, still works.
Im figuring its a late 60s early 70s Timex.
Scratched and worn face with a cheesy old band woven through the pins. I need a band for this, are they 19mm? Where should I buy from? Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Most Walmarts have a decent selection of replacement bands. Or they use to. I think they even carry Twistaflex by Spidel. Which would be period correct for your watch.

eta- I just searched and none of the local Walmart's have bands anymore but the website has what you seek

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SPEIDEL-18-22MM-GOLD-TWIST-O-FLEX-EXPANSION-STRAP-WATCH-BAND/840379981
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Twist-O-Flex, no doubt!
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. The pic makes it look really bad. To the eye you dont see the scratches in the lens.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
A little Polywatch and a soft cloth will take care of the scratches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top