Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2022 4:11:39 PM EDT
I was hired by a company right before I deployed in April 2021 making $105k.  I was working 10-12 hour days and I am salary so no Overtime but I get Paid time off (PTO)

I deployed overseas, Battalion Commander,  Reservist, and all that.

I got a call working for a company making $130K a year and I get paid over time even though I am salary with fringe benefits that get me to $140K a year.  I also only work 8-9 hours a day and I get overtime.  Only downfall is PTO is well after a year.

I work 8-9 hour days, work 15 mins from work and I use my degree making weapons that protect my soldiers.  

I informed them I would come back if they gave me a raise and they told me no.  I said it I am asking for $15K increase you gave the temp the same amount of money....

My wife is a tax attorney and got onto the best law firm for that kind of work where I had been offered a job so we are both working.

So the issue comes is the company is attacking me on LinkedIn.  Just a few of the people at that plant and the recruiter cursed me out on the phone and email.  

I told them to pound sand because of that.  They keep calling me but since I

I think I made a good move but it will be difficult seeing my other two kids due to no paid time off.. Is this normal to get calls and emails and LinkedIn messages from companies you leave?

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
No… good thing you left. They are showing their true colors and character.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
A letter from a lawyer to those involved should end that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Linked In sucks.  Identity thieves love it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No good thing you left. They are showing their true colors and character.
View Quote
This...  Dick move on their part, you did no wrong.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't understand. You HAD a job prior to deployment. Instead of going back to it after deployment was over, you took a better job at another company with better hours and pay. For whatever reason, you were in talks with the company you worked for prior to deploying. You requested a raise and they told you no. Then you probably got into it with the recruiter????? because the temp was paid more then you were. Then you obviously follow and maybe interact on linked in and you are pissed they are pissy because you want your job back and  a raise over the job you moved to.

Yeah, suck it up commander. If I held a job for you during deployment, then you skipped to another one, then decided the grass was greener [for PTO]at the old job, I'd just put you on ignore and tell my HR people to circular file your applications, resumes, and anything else.

Fwiw, temps often make more money but they don't get beni's either. Probably works out in your favor, you just don't realize it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't understand. You HAD a job prior to deployment. Instead of going back to it after deployment was over, you took a better job at another company with better hours and pay. For whatever reason, you were in talks with the company you worked for prior to deploying. You requested a raise and they told you no. Then you probably got into it with the recruiter????? because the temp was paid more then you were. Then you obviously follow and maybe interact on linked in and you are pissed they are pissy because you want your job back and  a raise over the job you moved to.

Yeah, suck it up commander. If I held a job for you during deployment, then you skipped to another one, then decided the grass was greener [for PTO]at the old job, I'd just put you on ignore and tell my HR people to circular file your applications, resumes, and anything else.

Fwiw, temps often make more money but they don't get beni's either. Probably works out in your favor, you just don't realize it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the translation….
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't see where the OP is trying to return to his former employer, only that he gave his boss the chance to counter-offer and he was turned down.  Once he left his former employer started trashing him on LinkedIn.  He included the irrelevant detail that he can't take PTO at his new job for a while, but he knew that would be an issue when he switched so I don't see any reason to complain about it.  If he didn't like it he should have worked it out during salary/benefit negotiations.

I had a LinkedIn account for a while but found it was little better than Facebook for white collar workers.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Explore unpaid time off for your kids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top