Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2020 8:37:50 AM EDT
I've done countless hours of research and I'm tired of researching and want to buy. I've narrowed it down to either a TRX 4 or Element Sendero. From my research, the way I see it I can't really go wrong with either choice, but I can't decide. Help?

Honestly I'm leaning towards the Element simply because my local shop has them in stock and I like to support local when I can, they are not a Traxxas dealer. With that said though, I also can't get the TRX outta my Head. I know get both is the correct answer but my wallet would disagree.

It's mostly going to be a trail/rough terrain truck, actually scaling rocks will be infrequent.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't have a Traxxas dealer close then I'd probably go with the Element at your local shop.  Only if they keep parts on hand.  I've learned over the last few years parts break all the time and having a shop with a good parts supply is must.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both and love both. Forced to make a choice, I’d go with the Element. I have been into RC cars and trucks since 1982 and have been an avid fan of all RCs from Associated Electrics which owns Element. I have an extensive collection and their products are superior IMHO. Traxxas products are more entry level and on the cheap side as to quality. That said, the TRX4 is a good choice but be ready to replace a good amount of parts.

Can’t go wrong with both really. I’m just biased towards the Element.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Have no experience with the element, but I've nothing bad to say about my TRX4's.

No problems whatsoever in fact.

Gratuitous TRX4 pic:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have no experience with the element, but I've nothing bad to say about my TRX4's.

Gratuitous TRX4 pic:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86524/trx41_jpg-1356304.JPG
View Quote

Details on that body? I just bought the painted bronco kit for my trx but that one is nice man. How you pull that off?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Details on that body? I just bought the painted bronco kit for my trx but that one is nice man. How you pull that off?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gratuitous TRX4 pic:

That truck was purchased originally as a complete Bronco (Black w/red sides).

Bought the Traxxas clear body, masked and painted it inside with Tamiya PS-59 Dark metallic blue, and PS-57 Pearl white.

I used this video for masking and painting tips:
Factory Upgrade Frenzy Part 4! - Traxxas Stampede Base Monster Truck Project | RC Driver

I ended up using the Traxxas outer side panel decals as masking inside on the opposite sides, and that made masking the inset much easier. Just used automotive masking tape for the back roof. I painted the blue first, then peeled the side panel and rear top masking off and painted the entire inside with the white. Then when finished, peeled the window masks off.

You REALLY want to follow that guy's tips about pressing down the tape edges with your fingernails to avoid paint bleeding under the edges.

When I was done painting, I peeled the outer dust film off, and transferred all the chrome from the original body over. This was only the second RC body I've ever painted. It's not hard, the more time you spend carefully planning and masking pays off. Make sure to use paint for polycarbonate, regular paint will crack when the body flexes.

The door panel gaps are just some thin black decal tape that I cut into thin strips with a metal ruler and exacto knife and stuck on the outside.

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Gratuitous TRX4 pic:

View Quote

Ooh, I wanna play.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Started as the defender, decided I wanted the bronco instead. Bead locks are expensive god dammit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top