Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2018 3:10:42 PM EDT
Council meeting for 2 hours tonight. Bethel meeting for two+ hours tomorrow. Soiree for Bethel Council tomorrow night...

I thought this was Labor Day weekend....

Ah the life of a father of two Jobies...
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
A couple of years ago our Bethel Guardian stepped out when her girls hit Majority.  Another Mom stepped in.  Well, she was there for all the wrong reasons and almost killed the Bethel.  The Associate Bethel Guardian really stepped up to the plate with others coming and going in Guardian name only.

He's now in the Grand Guardian Council line, so in a couple of years, he can't be Associate Guardian any longer.  He and the girls asked me if I'd do it.

I'd love to, but...
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're nuts.

I heard a rumor that if you do the CAV program you are not allowed to have firearms around the girls.  Is that true?
View Quote
I can't remember. I'll have to look it up. Just from memory, I'm not sure it was mentioned. I feel like I would have remembered that.

Well, my wife was slated to become Guardian of Paraphenalia, and got Director of Epochs handed to her right before installation. She's never been a Jobie or even been in any other Masonic body before. I don't quite know exactly if she understands what she's in for... She'll be learning along with the girls this term.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked @MRSRugerlvr if she recalled anything about firearms being discussed in the CAV class. She can't remember either. Neither of us think it was discussed. It was mostly prohibitions on drugs, alcohol, and being alone/one-on-one with a girl.

So... Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Council meeting for 2 hours tonight. Bethel meeting for two+ hours tomorrow. Soiree for Bethel Council tomorrow night...

I thought this was Labor Day weekend....

Ah the life of a father of two Jobies...
View Quote
Thank you for being involved with the youth.  As an advisor for a Rainbow Assembly, DeMolay Chapter, and a Squires Manor I have seen the positive impact these groups have on their members.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#7]
All I can say is thanks.

I don't have kids, but I support the youth groups, attend their fundraisers and functions.

Make sure your Amazon smile is set up to fund your local DeMolay or Rainbow.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
At the end of the day @Rugerlvr, remember that putting kids in Jobies was YOUR idea!
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#9]
uhh ohh.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
At the end of the day @Rugerlvr, remember that putting kids in Jobies was YOUR idea!
View Quote
Well, Girl Scouts was a bust. And I am a Mason.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hmm, then maybe I will go through it someday.
View Quote
Yeah. I'd start hitting you up to do that ASAP, but I know you've got your hands FULL, right worshipful brother.

Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I asked @MRSRugerlvr if she recalled anything about firearms being discussed in the CAV class. She can't remember either. Neither of us think it was discussed. It was mostly prohibitions on drugs, alcohol, and being alone/one-on-one with a girl.

So... Concealed means concealed.
View Quote
I would assume that the women's/children's organizations are part of your Grand Lodge?

In my state the Grand Lodge just specifically voted not to authorize us to carry in the Lodge.

Those who were there said the issue was fairly close and would likely come up again next year.

I have no idea if this has any bearing on your questions at all.  I'm new and still figuring out how it all goes together.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would assume that the women's/children's organizations are part of your Grand Lodge?

In my state the Grand Lodge just specifically voted not to authorize us to carry in the Lodge.

Those who were there said the issue was fairly close and would likely come up again next year.

I have no idea if this has any bearing on your questions at all.  I'm new and still figuring out how it all goes together.
View Quote
No, the Job's Daughter's is an appendant body. It has it's own governance.

The Grand Lodge authorizes it, and it exists at the pleasure of the Grand Master in Utah, however the Grand Lodge doesn't govern it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top