Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 696
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HDSledge:
10 rounds with the Bobject:  Blocked 2,000 damage every round although I clearly suck with it.  Long range TD work is ingrained into my brain.  Up close feels alien.  Damage dealt was paltry ~ 2,000 or so.  Will take some getting used to.
View Quote

It's pretty counter-intuitive but it works.  Don't try brawling 1v1 so much as go with heavies and while they're focusing on the main heavies, whack the shit out of them for 650-900.

Also, the commander hatch on the right side of the gun is the big weakspot for the tank.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By tyman:

It's pretty counter-intuitive but it works.  Don't try brawling 1v1 so much as go with heavies and while they're focusing on the main heavies, whack the shit out of them for 650-900.

Also, the commander hatch on the right side of the gun is the big weakspot for the tank.
View Quote

Cool that's good intel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
How far out is too far out with the Bobject?  Still effective at 200 meters?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
How far out is too far out with the Bobject?  Still effective at 200 meters?
View Quote

Without equipment, it's dispersion is .42, so not terribad but not that great.  Within 200m and premium round, it's good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Fun fact, 9.1k combined in a Manticore is still a 2nd class.  Somebody is out there having absolutely ridiculous games in those things.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:
Fun fact, 9.1k combined in a Manticore is still a 2nd class.  Somebody is out there having absolutely ridiculous games in those things.
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Assist and kills are a big part of it now.

I had a game in my E50 the other day that was like 1800dmg, 3500 spotting, and 3 kills or something like that and it was an Ace. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]

I had a game in my E50 the other day that was like 1800dmg, 3500 spotting, and 3 kills or something like that and it was an Ace. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I had a game in my E50 the other day that was like 1800dmg, 3500 spotting, and 3 kills or something like that and it was an Ace. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif

It was a 1k base xp game.  Did ~7.5k spotting/assist and a bit under 2k damage with no kills.  Had a few tracking shots that should have been pens but I had a 4005 that was on point shooting over my shoulder so it all worked out in the end.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#9]

It was a 1k base xp game.  Did ~7.5k spotting/assist and a bit under 2k damage with no kills.  Had a few tracking shots that should have been pens but I had a 4005 that was on point shooting over my shoulder so it all worked out in the end.
View All Quotes

Ouch.  I've seen some tanks where 1200 base XP is a 2nd/1st.

Also, the Manticore has been talked about a lot lately and being underrated so I imagine quite a few purps are playing it to get familiar with it to bring it into Clan Wars.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Also, the Manticore has been talked about a lot lately and being underrated so I imagine quite a few purps are playing it to get familiar with it to bring it into Clan Wars.
View Quote

Dang it I spent all my spare xp on getting the Bobject and now I want the manticore too.  You guys are killin' me here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:14:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmnoid77] [#11]

View All Quotes

Clan wars is a meta that I don't really get so I can't say how it would fare there.  I do think it has gotten a bad rap that it doesn't really deserve, probably because it doesn't "really" seem to want to play like people think other lights should.  People get hung up on the low DPM, long reload, and limited ammo capacity when they shouldn't.  It isn't a 5k damage carry the team on your back kind of tank.  What is does have is excellent camo, vision, and gun handling, as well as mobility on par with the best of its peers.  It is a flex/ambush tank that does quite well at selectively removing tanks from play to enable allies to do what they need to do.  Find a problem, find an angle, remove the problem, flex somewhere else.  Don't put yourself in a DPM situation, because it won't work.  It's got enough chonk in its gun to make tanks not want to hang out where you can hit them if you can get them more than once.

Dang it I spent all my spare xp on getting the Bobject and now I want the manticore too.  You guys are killin' me here.

I will say that it's probably not for everyone.  It does seem to be one of the first Tier 10's that is actually clicking with me, and I have a few.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Clan wars is a meta that I don't really get so I can't say how it would fare there.  I do think it has gotten a bad rap that it doesn't really deserve, probably because it doesn't "really" seem to want to play like people think other lights should.  People get hung up on the low DPM, long reload, and limited ammo capacity when they shouldn't.  It isn't a 5k damage carry the team on your back kind of tank.  What is does have is excellent camo, vision, and gun handling, as well as mobility on par with the best of its peers.  It is a flex/ambush tank that does quite well at selectively removing tanks from play to enable allies to do what they need to do.  Find a problem, find an angle, remove the problem, flex somewhere else.  Don't put yourself in a DPM situation, because it won't work.  It's got enough chonk in its gun to make tanks not want to hang out where you can hit them if you can get them more than once.

I will say that it's probably not for everyone.  It does seem to be one of the first Tier 10's that is actually clicking with me, and I have a few.
View All Quotes

Which is why they're figuring out for CW that it's a good light tank.

and it has very low profile so it's not as easily spotted
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

I did neglect to mention that the gun depression and elevation (in particular) can be problematic and you sometimes need to be able to get creative with positioning to make your shots.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Working through the BC12t and trying to decide whether to go BC25tAP or AMX 13 90 for the T9 step.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Any tips for setting up and playing the SU-101?  I do pretty well in the SU-100M1, but have a 0% win rate so far in the 101.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ParityError:
Working through the BC12t and trying to decide whether to go BC25tAP or AMX 13 90 for the T9 step.

View Quote

Near enough the same tank.  One trades a bit of camo and reload time for some more punch and a deeper magazine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDSledge] [#17]
Originally Posted By Bones45:
Any tips for setting up and playing the SU-101?  I do pretty well in the SU-100M1, but have a 0% win rate so far in the 101.
View Quote

0%?  How many rounds?

I've been convinced that wargaming slaps it's players silly once in a while with some sort of perverse, sadistic algorithm.  Long stretches of maroon (you get it if you love the stooges) teams, rng from hell every other shot, worst ever spawn location.  I could be wrong, but I could be right.  Maybe it's your turn to get programmatically slapped.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]

0%?  How many rounds?

I've been convinced that wargaming slaps it's players silly once in a while with some sort of perverse, sadistic algorithm.  Long stretches of maroon (you get it if you love the stooges) teams, rng from hell every other shot, worst ever spawn location.  I could be wrong, but I could be right.
View All Quotes

0%?  How many rounds?

I've been convinced that wargaming slaps it's players silly once in a while with some sort of perverse, sadistic algorithm.  Long stretches of maroon (you get it if you love the stooges) teams, rng from hell every other shot, worst ever spawn location.  I could be wrong, but I could be right.

Oh, no. You’re absolutely correct. I have sold three premiums as well.  Most of them are well above 50% win rate. However I have a few that are at 45% and I had three that were at or below 25% win rate. I sold my E75 TS.  Complete and utter garbage tank IMHO. Even if I “did well” it never bounced a single thing and every single game was a loss due to being perpetually stuck with muppets.

I had a few tanks like in my tech tree. The grille15, kv4 and jpan2. All losses all the time. I literally don’t grind tanks anymore. If I play I’m in a prem...usually. Not always but usually. If WG wants to rebalance me I just stop playing. I was running a 65% win rate over the holiday ops. At the end I was running 50% and I was playing ultra try hard. Then I played 4 days ago and I went something like 3 for 11. Said fuck this and opened up my steam account and started playing games that have been collections digital dust.

I honestly don’t have any intention of going back to this game for a good long while. I’m done with the bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDSledge] [#19]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

Oh, no. You’re absolutely correct. I have sold three premiums as well.  Most of them are well above 50% win rate. However I have a few that are at 45% and I had three that were at or below 25% win rate. I sold my E75 TS.  Complete and utter garbage tank IMHO. Even if I “did well” it never bounced a single thing and every single game was a loss due to being perpetually stuck with muppets.

I had a few tanks like in my tech tree. The grille15, kv4 and jpan2. All losses all the time. I literally don’t grind tanks anymore. If I play I’m in a prem...usually. Not always but usually. If WG wants to rebalance me I just stop playing. I was running a 65% win rate over the holiday ops. At the end I was running 50% and I was playing ultra try hard. Then I played 4 days ago and I went something like 3 for 11. Said fuck this and opened up my steam account and started playing games that have been collections digital dust.

I honestly don’t have any intention of going back to this game for a good long while. I’m done with the bullshit.
View Quote

I left and came back.  My patience will wear thin again I'm sure.  I kept my Grille out of fond memories of back when it was an autoloader.  Those were the days.  Still take it out often but it is certainly nothing like it used to be.  My most fun tank ever was the Luchs but the introduction of the clown cars sort of ruined it's effectiveness.

If I want beaucoup credits I jump into the SkorpG, which never fails me.  I wish I could put some regular camo on it though.

WOW on the Bobject.  I love this thing now.  You can muscle your way through or snipe and it takes the hits.  But you can't be still.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:10:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDSledge] [#20]
dupe
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

0%?  How many rounds?

There are a bunch of tanks I cant win with - I run a good 5-10% below average WR for no reason.   For instance, I do great in the T-29 and can't win to save my life in the T-30 - sub 40%.

It's so brutally obvious when they start fucking with things.   Spotting, accuracy, penetration, damage all go out the window.   The latest for me is ultra low rolling damage so they have a couple hp left.    One day it's all blowout wins, the next blowout losses.  

If they didn't so blatantly fuck with things the game would be a lot more enjoyable.  I don't buy prem time or tanks anymore.  Why pay to be abused?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#22]

There are a bunch of tanks I cant win with - I run a good 5-10% below average WR for no reason.   For instance, I do great in the T-29 and can't win to save my life in the T-30 - sub 40%.

It's so brutally obvious when they start fucking with things.   Spotting, accuracy, penetration, damage all go out the window.   The latest for me is ultra low rolling damage so they have a couple hp left.    One day it's all blowout wins, the next blowout losses.  

If they didn't so blatantly fuck with things the game would be a lot more enjoyable.  I don't buy prem time or tanks anymore.  Why pay to be abused?
View Quote

I have stopped keeping up with win rate.  Now it is all about how much havoc I can wreak against the enemy.  As long as get above 2k I will be ok with win or lose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#23]

0%?  How many rounds?

I've been convinced that wargaming slaps it's players silly once in a while with some sort of perverse, sadistic algorithm.  Long stretches of maroon (you get it if you love the stooges) teams, rng from hell every other shot, worst ever spawn location.  I could be wrong, but I could be right.  Maybe it's your turn to get programmatically slapped.
View All Quotes

0%?  How many rounds?

It was about a half dozen.   Now I sit at a sweet, sweet 14%.

I have stopped keeping up with win rate.  Now it is all about how much havoc I can wreak against the enemy.  As long as get above 2k I will be ok with win or lose.

Yeah, I get it but losing ain't fun.  When you turn in match after match where you get a couple of kills, do top 5 damage on your team but still lose, lose lose something is wrong and it isn't simple statistical variation.   My theory is that WG has to fuck with the results so shitters can have win streaks and keep the money flowing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:07:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDSledge] [#24]
Yeah, I get it but losing ain't fun.  When you turn in match after match where you get a couple of kills, do top 5 damage on your team but still lose, lose lose something is wrong and it isn't simple statistical variation.   My theory is that WG has to fuck with the results so shitters can have win streaks and keep the money flowing.
View Quote

Last night in my new Bobject I had repeated clear shots from ~200m at the side of an enemy turret since the noob was being insanely noobish.  I let the aiming circle resolve, waited another 2 seconds, fired.  In the dirt or over the turret.  I fired 10 rounds in a row perfectly aimed and they all went wide.  Now I know WG was f***ing with me.  At least they don't do it every round.  Previous games I was able to land and pen almost every shot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#26]
And now my win rate is less than 25% for the day.  Absolutely unplayable.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Last night in my new Bobject I had repeated clear shots from ~200m at the side of an enemy turret since the noob was being insanely noobish.  I let the aiming circle resolve, waited another 2 seconds, fired.  In the dirt or over the turret.  I fired 10 rounds in a row perfectly aimed and they all went wide.  Now I know WG was f***ing with me.  At least they don't do it every round.  Previous games I was able to land and pen almost every shot.
View All Quotes

So, lol, got the Bobject.  Don't ask how much money I spent for it.

I played 7 games...with the exception of a 0 dmg game, I averaged like 2800 dmg in the other 6 while also bouncing 2k+ hp.

I also rolled like a 525-540hp shot one time.

It's pretty hilarious tank.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Apparently my Borrasque is all but irreparably cursed and the Manticore is only going to win if I pull 6-7k combined with at least 3.5k damage.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#29]
3 and 9 so far today.  RNG is fing me hard.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#30]
3 and 9 so far today.  RNG is fing me hard.
View Quote

I quit after clawing it back to 28% on the day.  Too much work for not enough fun.  Teams were bad enough that there was literally nothing I could do to consistently pull above 2k combined at Tier 8.  Play aggressive, play passive, red line it, I absolutely could not predict what those morons were going to do so I could support or adjust effectively.  Pure hell.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#31]
alright; over under on my new user name being banned?

B1DENS_NPC

???
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:18:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Veccio] [#32]

I quit after clawing it back to 28% on the day.  Too much work for not enough fun.  Teams were bad enough that there was literally nothing I could do to consistently pull above 2k combined at Tier 8.  Play aggressive, play passive, red line it, I absolutely could not predict what those morons were going to do so I could support or adjust effectively.  Pure hell.
View Quote
Yeah, it's extremely hard to get wins here lately at times. Lots of sub 1K WN8 players, hell a large portion are 500 and less with 40-45% WR all the way up in tier 10. There's just no predicting those players; some will beebop straight across the map in a super heavy to your base, or they will all yolo up in a lemming train, etc. It's just all over the place.

The only way I get back up to 50% some days is hop in the old Pz II J or the Valentine. I feel dirty about it but if I don't finish the session at atleast a 50% WR it's a kick in the gut when the rest of the session stats look good.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:37:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmnoid77] [#33]
Originally Posted By Veccio:
Yeah, it's extremely hard to get wins here lately at times. Lots of sub 1K WN8 players, hell a large portion are 500 and less with 40-45% WR all the way up in tier 10. There's just no predicting those players; some will beebop straight across the map in a super heavy to your base, or they will all yolo up in a lemming train, etc. It's just all over the place.

The only way I get back up to 50% some days is hop in the old Pz II J or the Valentine. I feel dirty about it but if I don't finish the session at atleast a 50% WR it's a kick in the gut when the rest of the session stats look good.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Veccio:

I am still at ~54% for the past week and north of 56% over the past couple months and I am playing tanks that I know how to play effectively and mostly on maps that would normally allow me to do so.  The remaining variable is the team around me, which yesterday was absolute garbage match after match after match.  The one consistent thing I did notice was extremely poor scout play.  I have known for a while that a good scout can turn a difficult match into a win but I may have underestimated the degree to which bad scouts can put you at a disadvantage.  It's not just about having visibility, it's about having visibility in a space and place where you can do something with it.  Wasn't happening yesterday.  Constant scrambles to find workable positions and those tended to collapse faster than I could do any work.

ETA: And 0 for fucking 6 this morning.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#34]
alright; over under on my new user name being banned?

B1DENS_NPC

???
View Quote

Over on it being terrible

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:17:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmnoid77] [#35]
3 for 22.  Couldn't even finish my dailies and my MoE is down a full 8 points.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Ouch.

This morning, I'm the muppet.  Played a couple of horrible games in the 25t AP.  Still trying to figure this thing out.  It seems to be a 2nd tier scout / late game cleanup machine, but I seem to get a bit too aggressive with it in the scout role.

And one game, I just picked a terrible position and got what I deserved in short order.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Ouch.

This morning, I'm the muppet.  Played a couple of horrible games in the 25t AP.  Still trying to figure this thing out.  It seems to be a 2nd tier scout / late game cleanup machine, but I seem to get a bit too aggressive with it in the scout role.

And one game, I just picked a terrible position and got what I deserved in short order.

View Quote

Correct.  Just be mindful that you get a moving camo penalty that a light tank does not.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Trade ins aren't all bad. I just traded the hunk of shit VK 168.01 that I got in some loot crate or something for an ELC Even90, for only 650 gold.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Last night the WOT overlords decided to give me round after round of terribad matchups in my new 268 v4.  A few good players mixed with mostly new players.  It was pure hell.   When I switched over to my Grille it changed though.  Do you suspect that they target particular tanks in their algorithms rather than players?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Ranked 13th on the NA server in my E25 yet I can’t three mark it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#41]
been a while since I had a good carry. Apparently the Maus is a scout tank
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:47:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tyman] [#42]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114465/Screenshot__158__png-1788272.JPG
View Quote

only 3500 blocked?

weak

eta: what map was it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#43]

only 3500 blocked?

weak

View All Quotes

only 3500 blocked?

weak

Prok and I can't make them shoot at me. Mother fuckers ignore me and shoot anything else they can.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Prok and I can't make them shoot at me. Mother fuckers ignore me and shoot anything else they can.
View All Quotes

only 3500 blocked?

weak

lol

i wonder why

hey look, there's a Leo PTA and a Standard B over there or a Maus...which one do I shoot.

please tell me you just pushed the 1-2 line and said fuck it
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#45]

lol

i wonder why

hey look, there's a Leo PTA and a Standard B over there or a Maus...which one do I shoot.

View Quote

yes, I just waddled down the 1-2 since no one else would spot. Only damage I took was from arty.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Last night the WOT overlords decided to give me round after round of terribad matchups in my new 268 v4.  A few good players mixed with mostly new players.  It was pure hell.   When I switched over to my Grille it changed though.  Do you suspect that they target particular tanks in their algorithms rather than players?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#47]

yes, I just waddled down the 1-2 since no one else would spot. Only damage I took was from arty.
View All Quotes

lol

i wonder why

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Capture the....you know....the thing!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:51:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#49]
Apparently calling a bunch of retards "retards" will get you a chat ban.

I didn't even call them "fucking retards".
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:
Apparently calling a bunch of retards "retards" will get you a chat ban.

I didn't even call them "fucking retards".
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I caught another ban...until the 27th or 28th this time.
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top