Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Posted: 5/26/2022 11:30:15 PM EDT
Not sure if there’s a thread yet but it starts in 30 minutes.

If you want to shit on Star Wars or Disney+, this probably isn’t the thread for you.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it dropped at 12:05 PST?

ETA scratch that. Should have read the poster closer.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
No Jar Jar Binks, no care.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I work till 11:30 so I can’t watch it till midnight anyway. In a little bit I’m going to have to stay out of my own thread.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag for tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
So this kicks off at 11?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I work till 11:30 so I can’t watch it till midnight anyway. In a little bit I’m going to have to stay out of my own thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son was still awake in bed so I told him to get up to watch it with me.

The wife was already asleep so…sucks to be her.

I promise the posting of many spoilers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So this kicks off at 11?
View Quote

11 o’clock real time. That’s how I’m understanding it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Andor | Teaser Trailer | Disney+
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect. I’ll be going dark in 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ain’t that bad. I’ll at least wait until tomorrow to nit pick everything about it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I ain’t that bad. I’ll at least wait until tomorrow to nit pick everything about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the first two episodes drop tonight. So you’ll have plenty of nits to pick!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#12]
waiting for it to drop and ill have a steak during it
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Just started it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No Jar Jar Binks, no care.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#15]
its going to suck.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Wow. That gives me a nostalgia shiver. Makes me think of the good old days before Star Wars when I was excited to see an airing of any of the Planet of the Apes movies.  The old ones.

And then, believe it or not, there was a TV show!  Can you imagine how awesome that was to 2 year old me?

So that's what this looks like.  Ron Harper and James Naughton in Lucasfilm's Ændor--Coming in August!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow, what an excellent start to the series!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow. That gives me a nostalgia shiver. Makes me think of the good old days before Star Wars when I was excited to see an airing of any of the Planet of the Apes movies.  The old ones.

And then, believe it or not, there was a TV show!  Can you imagine how awesome that was to 2 year old me?

So that's what this looks like.  Ron Harper and James Naughton in Lucasfilm's Ændor--Coming in August!
View Quote

And you know what?  They had a board game. And I HAD THAT BOARD GAME! Can you believe that?  It was so awesome to play the game and imagine I was there in the middle of the story.

Those were the days!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Enjoyed episode 1 with the exception of one scene...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:19:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I cancelled Disney because they're fucked.
Guess I'll have to catch it later.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Enjoyed episode 1 with the exception of one scene...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Oh you mean the ode to Rey?

Yeah.

Only watched E1. The inquisitors are annoyingly un-scary. Other than that, I’m happy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:34:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I was entertained.

There is a point I’d like to discuss, after others have had a chance to watch them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:48:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Oh you mean the ode to Rey?

Yeah.

Only watched E1. The inquisitors are annoyingly un-scary. Other than that, I’m happy.
View Quote

Worse part of E1 and now the worse part of E2 as well... Expectations successfully subverted...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Star Wars: Larry's New Whip
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:47:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I thought it was an ode to Padme.  

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:10:04 AM EDT
[#27]
I was a bit taken aback by the scene with the homeless clone trooper begging on the street.  I thought it odd that Obi Wan gave him money.  Not sure I would give money to an Iraqi insurgent if I saw one begging and they only tried to kill me and my friends.

Would have been better if he just turned his head and walked away, then later in the series when he is getting his head space and timing back together meet the same guy or another clone and help out then.  Show some charactor growth.  Or maybe go the opposite direction and later in the series he meets a down on his luck clone and tells him "fuck you and order 66" and walks away.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:19:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Padme? Not sure I follow that one... I've added a more in-depth review after having finished both episodes below.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:21:23 AM EDT
[#29]
I think the OP should also add a “spoilers ahead” caveat to the thread title.  Just in case.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:30:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think the OP should also add a “spoilers ahead” caveat to the thread title.  Just in case.

View Quote

Done
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:31:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was entertained.

There is a point I’d like to discuss, after others have had a chance to watch them.
View Quote

A conflicting plot point with SW Rebels?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#32]
1. Overall the acting is very poor. Ewan and Kumail are the exceptions and the little girl gets a pass. I was psyched for the Inquisitors but they were lame, especially Reva. She's not a good actor.

2. The CGI is bad. Mandalorian had some bad CGI moments, but the quality of CGI in Kenobi is embarrassing from the best CGI house in the game.

3. Focusing on Leia is a weird choice. We know nothing bad happens yet to any of the good guys from the movies so why have all the action of two episodes with no stakes at all? All of that so Leia and Kenobi could meet? What a waste.

4. Force powers continue to be used in inconsistent ways. Reva can mind probe? If she has those powers, she could sense enough from the people around her to sniff out the rogue Jedi or Owen easily just by reading their emotions. So she's a hot head but has the patience needed to learn to read minds? Umkay. There are Inquisitors who can sense emotions through space and yet 3 of them need to threaten people in the Cantina to get information? Obi-wan is poorly pick pocketing a key with his hand? He could have easily used to force. Force sensitivity isn't a skill lost in time, but something you are born with that is developed with control. Obi-wan shouldn't need to re-learn how to force pull and he could easily mind trick or incapacitate anyone with his level of training. 10 years isn't that long. In Hope he's an old man mind-tricking Storm Troopers with ease.

5. Destroying all of the Grand Inquisitor's CANON Rebels storyline with his death.

6. While better shot than Book of Boba, the action sequences are WORSE. Adults chasing a 10 year old is laughable. The forest chase reminded me of the bad action in Xena Warrior Princess. All around terrible fight and chase scenes.

7. Why did they make this show if they're not going to tell interesting stories? Minus fan service, there's nothing interesting about this show. There are much more interesting Star Wars stories to tell than this one.  If you think this was great, go watch Star Wars: Visions. Every one of those stories is 10x better than this and would be an excellent mini-series.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#33]
I will wait for Critical Drinkers review.  

I will wait to see if Disney cucks his character in favor of female inquisitors, makes him a coward in hiding as opposed to watching over Anikin on the down low.

My guess is it will totally suck.  The Bubba Fetterline series wasn’t great, not terrible, but not great.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Pretty much echo what others above had said.
Click To View Spoiler
ETA: meh spoiler tags added.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#35]
OST.

Watching it tonight sometime. Haven't read the thread. Looking forward to the discussion, though!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Kathleen Kennedy has been a disaster. It's about absolute embarrassment.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Reva knowing that Vader is Anakin was the worst.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

ObiWan not knowing he was alive was almost as bad.
Grand Inquisitor was supposed to be a big bad but he ended up being a nothingburger.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

3. Focusing on Leia is a weird choice. We know nothing bad happens yet to any of the good guys from the movies so why have all the action of two episodes with no stakes at all? All of that so Leia and Kenobi could meet? What a waste.
View Quote

That’s a good point. There are better storylines they could have gone after like helping rouge Jedi. Kestiss, Kanan, others never introduced. That could have been great because yeah we know in the end they all die but like you said, we now luke and leia live.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Padme? Not sure I follow that one... I've added a more in-depth review after having finished both episodes below.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I’ve seen you do this in multiple threads. It’s BOBA not Bobba. Please stop spelling it that way.

Having said that, I haven’t watched the episodes yet. I’m at work and I actually forgot it was coming out today. Can’t wait to get home and watch it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

ObiWan not knowing he was alive was almost as bad.
Grand Inquisitor was supposed to be a big bad but he ended up being a nothingburger.
View Quote

Why would he know he was alive? He left him burning on Mustafar. He had no reason to believe he lived.

That brings me back to all the complaining about the fight they're supposed to have in the series. Ob1 had to learn he lived somehow between ep3 and 4. Being told by an inquisitor isn't how I thought it would happen though. I was hoping for something like the way Ahsoka learned Anakin was alive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Just watched both.

Shockingly good.

Great acting by Ewan.  The kid who plays Leia is good for a kid, not great, but the writing for her character is spot on.

Obi-Wan may just take the story along as it should have been done.

Teasing Vader at the end was correct to build tension.

It is obvious that Disney is just shitting money at Star War in general. The production costs have to be huge.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I was a bit taken aback by the scene with the homeless clone trooper begging on the street.  I thought it odd that Obi Wan gave him money.  Not sure I would give money to an Iraqi insurgent if I saw one begging and they only tried to kill me and my friends.

Would have been better if he just turned his head and walked away, then later in the series when he is getting his head space and timing back together meet the same guy or another clone and help out then.  Show some charactor growth.  Or maybe go the opposite direction and later in the series he meets a down on his luck clone and tells him "fuck you and order 66" and walks away.
View Quote

It was someone he knew. The clone trooper did not recognize him. Remember, he had a close relationship with many and not all of them went 66 on the Jedi.

I thought it was Rex at first.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It was someone he knew. The clone trooper did not recognize him. Remember, he had a close relationship with many and not all of them went 66 on the Jedi.

I thought it was Rex at first.
View Quote

The particular blue pattern makes him 501st.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’ve seen you do this in multiple threads. It’s BOBA not Bobba. Please stop spelling it that way.

Having said that, I haven’t watched the episodes yet. I’m at work and I actually forgot it was coming out today. Can’t wait to get home and watch it.
View Quote

Nuh uh.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nuh uh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nuh uh.

Yeah, I realized it wasn’t you. Apparently a lot of people do it, sorry.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Come on both of you, stop fighting and kiss. we all know its Bubba Fatt.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was entertained.

No. I think that can be explained away easily enough.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok. This is what I was referring to above.

Even my son shot up out of his seat and looked at me like WTF!?!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one was fighting.

LEAVE BOBA FETT ALONE!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top