[#1]
The newest piece of equipment seems to be a hit

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 1:59:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Nice!

My sorta-8-year old* has decided she wants to lift with me, now. This mainly involves her doing basically the same lifts as I do with some 5# dumbells and me making her do the math on what weights I need for my lifts, but it's fun.

*-Ex-GF's kid. Her kids still come over quite a bit, I raised them until we broke up last year. They still have a room, toys, etc, at my house.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]

That’s awesome! Bringing them up right!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

My family got me the bike I was wanting. So I added it to the ol’garage gym today! Even got a good ride in! It’s going to be a GREAT addition to the arsenal!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Replaced the old tennis ball today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55313/FD0B647E-FB53-42F7-9FAD-9621655DDE23_jpe-2641833.JPG
View Quote

Okay, it's been like a week now. I give up. What is it? Kinda looks like a homemade landmine but the tennis ball has me confused.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a guess, but people would cut open a tennis ball and put if over the end of the barbell that's in the corner to better protect it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 3:00:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#6]
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
Just a guess, but people would cut open a tennis ball and put if over the end of the barbell that's in the corner to better protect it.
View Quote
All of this, but the tennis ball did find a new use...

Attachment Attached File

I will say the landmine has become one of my favorite (as far as useful) pieces of equipment.  Landmine 180s hit my core like nothing else I've experienced, quickly.  I superset them with punches and rows.  I do need to go get some washers to use as spacers outside of the PVC.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

My humble home gym.  
REP power rack hopefully coming soon.
I’d also really love a Cocept 2 rower at some point for cardio
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359239/2CC17679-DD0F-4F6C-B51C-38A86E98E021_jpe-2654416.JPG
My humble home gym.  
REP power rack hopefully coming soon.
I’d also really love a Cocept 2 rower at some point for cardio
View Quote

Looking forward to seeing the updated photos once you get the rack! Looks like a great space already!
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Those deadlift socks are on point.

Reps for Santa!
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Used my Christmas Amazon money

Attachment Attached File

after

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Nothing better than getting things organized! Looks great!
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:38:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ASUsax] [#12]
I'm doing storage now, also. (I'd hoped to get a lot of stuff for Xmas, didn't happen, so now I'm doing it post-Xmas

Got the weights off the floor and the bar no longer has to lean against the wall (it had been leaning behind the door, which is not ideal)

Attachment Attached File
)

ETA: Rogue Ohio Power bar and 435# of weights. The Rogue weights are only 160#, the rest is Everyday Essentials that was on super sale in early December. Wall mounts are all PRx.

6x 45#
4x 25#
4x 10#
4x 5# (iron)
2x 2.5# (iron)
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jokermann77:

View Quote
I need to get some PlateMates  to fill the gaps.

2 sets 5lb plate mates = $114

vs

about $300 for the 25, 35 and 45lb pairs and the increased storage needs.

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]

vs

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

vs

I too have been eyeballing those. They seem like they are expensive for $114 but really they do save you $$$ in the long run. The only thing that I’m afraid of is one falling off and hitting me in the face. I still want to grow my dumbbells by 10lb jumps but want these to fill the gaps like you!

If you pick some up, you should let us know what you think.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked up this rower for $150 at Ollie's.  Usually $800 on Amazon.  Figured it's worth a shot.

Fitness Reality 4000MR Magnetic Rowing Machine Review
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Just added this to my gym.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:00:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spadedracer] [#17]
So stoked.  I've always wanted a full rack at home, scored a decent deal on some well-loved equipment.  
Bench and bar are new, want to add a few other specialty bars and some resistance bands and this thing should be pretty fun.

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By spadedracer:
So stoked.  I've always wanted a full rack at home, scored a decent deal on some well-loved equipment.  
Bench and bar are new, want to add a few other specialty bars and some resistance bands and this thing should be pretty fun.

https://i.imgur.com/X8LJ7Ju.jpg

View Quote

Legend commercial rack is a beast. Only downside is how difficult to find and expensive attachments are gonna be.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File
just got my Concept2 Rower and man!   This thing kicks my ass!  10 minutes of rowing and I’m winded AF and quads, back and especially forearms are on fire!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By bigx5murf:

Legend commercial rack is a beast. Only downside is how difficult to find and expensive attachments are gonna be.
View Quote

You're not kidding.  I got a quote for a dip attachment... even after cutting me a "deal", the quote was $435 shipped to my door.

I think I may pick up a cheap welder and try my hand at making my own at that price.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#21]

You're not kidding.  I got a quote for a dip attachment... even after cutting me a "deal", the quote was $435 shipped to my door.

I think I may pick up a cheap welder and try my hand at making my own at that price.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigx5murf:

Yikes!! Thats steep for a dip attachment! I’m sure it’s quality, but pricy!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359239/E1934DE9-82DE-490A-81B3-B07F41490A90_jpe-2686476.JPGjust got my Concept2 Rower and man!   This thing kicks my ass!  10 minutes of rowing and I’m winded AF and quads, back and especially forearms are on fire!!!

Solid work man! That’s going to be an awesome transition to your gym!
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 12:40:42 AM EDT
[#22]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359239/E1934DE9-82DE-490A-81B3-B07F41490A90_jpe-2686476.JPGjust got my Concept2 Rower and man!   This thing kicks my ass!  10 minutes of rowing and I'm winded AF and quads, back and especially forearms are on fire!!!
View Quote
What do you have your damper set at?
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Quiganomics:
What do you have your damper set at?
View Quote

Just getting used to it but I think it’s one of the higher settings 6,7,8?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#24]
@jokermann77 and everyone else interested.

I got one set off the platemate magnets for a total of 5 lbs.  I will need to get another set.  Initial impretions....

I got them yesterday and tried them on a 20# hex dumbbell most range of motion exercises they had no issue staying on.  If I drop them from knee height then they come off.  I also jumped with them and they would come off.  I think this is because they don't have much surface contact on a 20#.

Today I did a superset of curls and rows with 30# (so now 32.5#) and they stayed on the whole time, including drops from knee height.  More surface area = better contact.

I'm pleased and will be ordering another set.  They save money as discussed, they cut storage for a big dumbbell set in half, (and I didn't think about this previously) they allow you to load between normal dumbbell weights i.e. 32.5#

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#25]
@jokermann77 and everyone else interested.

I got one set off the platemate magnets for a total of 5 lbs.  I will need to get another set.  Initial impretions....

I got them yesterday and tried them on a 20# hex dumbbell most range of motion exercises they had no issue staying on.  If I drop them from knee height then they come off.  I also jumped with them and they would come off.  I think this is because they don't have much surface contact on a 20#.

Today I did a superset of curls and rows with 30# (so now 32.5#) and they stayed on the whole time, including drops from knee height.  More surface area = better contact.

I'm pleased and will be ordering another set.  They save money as discussed, they cut storage for a big dumbbell set in half, (and I didn't think about this previously) they allow you to load between normal dumbbell weights i.e. 32.5#

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55313/49697C73-2FBC-4BA6-9EAC-9BE60474A5C3_jpe-2691348.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55313/D7D9228A-6CE5-449A-8001-39715AB183A4_jpe-2691349.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for the update on this! I wondered about that on the smaller sized dumbbell like with the 10’s and 20’s as you mentioned. Don’t often drip my dumbbells from more than maybe slightly under bench hight. Any concerns of them falling off into your face when doing maybe an over head movement such as with a seated over head press. Or maybe a pull over? I probably wouldn’t want to use them on pull overs, but just as a thought. How secure are they of you were to say bumping into your leg, or bump them into the other dumbbell. I’m still leaning towards picking these up. Just wondering about those things.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Just made a drag sled out of some fire hose, a tie down strap, and a couple bucks worth of hardware.  Don’t hate me because I’m poor.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#27]
This forum has been a great inspiration. My humble contribution:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I’ve never really had a capable home gym so I’m building. The past 3 months at the gym I typically go to has been frustrating as they have a limited number of exercise equipment. That, coupled with the annual influx has caused me to change my plans too many times. So, here’s the solution.

Now I’ve got to paint
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Edge-To-Life:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343031/022B7F2D-159C-4B4F-8DF3-756646ADC1D4_jpe-2755445.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343031/AE5624A2-0024-4777-9BB4-D6D4BE717C8A_jpe-2755446.JPG

I’ve never really had a capable home gym so I’m building. The past 3 months at the gym I typically go to has been frustrating as they have a limited number of exercise equipment. That, coupled with the annual influx has caused me to change my plans too many times. So, here’s the solution.

Now I’ve got to paint
View Quote

Looks like a great setup so far! Can’t wait to see the additional things you do to it! Keep us updated!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Didn’t even know about this forum till today. Lol
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:36:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#30]

Thanks for the update on this! I wondered about that on the smaller sized dumbbell like with the 10's and 20's as you mentioned. Don't often drip my dumbbells from more than maybe slightly under bench hight. Any concerns of them falling off into your face when doing maybe an over head movement such as with a seated over head press. Or maybe a pull over? I probably wouldn't want to use them on pull overs, but just as a thought. How secure are they of you were to say bumping into your leg, or bump them into the other dumbbell. I'm still leaning towards picking these up. Just wondering about those things.

View Quote
@jokermann77

I continue to be happy with them.  Lots of exercises.  I even trust them now for overhead work, I've used them for more dynamic stuff like clean and jerk, would definitely trust them for OHP.  They have not come off.  Time for me to order another pair.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Looks like a great setup so far! Can’t wait to see the additional things you do to it! Keep us updated!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Edge-To-Life:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343031/022B7F2D-159C-4B4F-8DF3-756646ADC1D4_jpe-2755445.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343031/AE5624A2-0024-4777-9BB4-D6D4BE717C8A_jpe-2755446.JPG

Now I’ve got to paint

Thanks! I sure will
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#32]
@jokermann77

I continue to be happy with them.  Lots of exercises.  I even trust them now for overhead work, I've used them for more dynamic stuff like clean and jerk, would definitely trust them for OHP.  They have not come off.  Time for me to order another pair.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55313/wp_jpg-2756225.JPG
View All Quotes

Thanks for the update on this! I wondered about that on the smaller sized dumbbell like with the 10's and 20's as you mentioned. Don't often drip my dumbbells from more than maybe slightly under bench hight. Any concerns of them falling off into your face when doing maybe an over head movement such as with a seated over head press. Or maybe a pull over? I probably wouldn't want to use them on pull overs, but just as a thought. How secure are they of you were to say bumping into your leg, or bump them into the other dumbbell. I'm still leaning towards picking these up. Just wondering about those things.

@jokermann77

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55313/wp_jpg-2756225.JPG

This gives me more confidence. Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Got a Rogue curl bar and bar clamps for my dainty arms.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:01:36 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Nice addition! Solid EZ Curl Bar, one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Once you get the Rouge bar clamps there is no going back...   spring for the magnetized ones it is life changing !
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

Once you get the Rouge bar clamps there is no going back...   spring for the magnetized ones it is life changing !
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

https://eleiko.com/en-us/equipment/collars/3085487-eleiko-oppen-barbell-collars-pair
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Those look nice!   Never knew about them.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:58:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#38]
A quick update for those interested in PlateMates.

I like mine so much that I ordered the second pair.  They were out at amazon and that caused a big few weeks ordeal.  Went straight to the web site  and they are out.  E-mailed them and they should be back next week.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#39]

I used to have that same flag, I got it drunk shopping, then decided it would be weird for an elderly woman to fly a Nicki Minaj flag.

I know I'm quoting a post a couple years old. I recently converted my spare room into a "gym" and found this thread interesting.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 3:59:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#40]
Haven't done an updated pic in a while, subtle changes but I'm gonna try and do some cleaning and rearranging tomorrow or Friday

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By zen_grasshopper:
https://i.ibb.co/N7Yn7hz/IMG-8608.jpg
View Quote

Nice!

Is that a portable sauna next to the rack? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#43]
It’s a bit small for me, but they have a larger model for the same price on Amazon. SereneLife is the brand and it works pretty good, preheat it for about 5-10 minutes and it hits 140 degrees. Makes me sweat like crazy. Has a foot heater that is optional to use, it gets crazy hot. My wife uses it the most, for me at 6’2” I have to slouch a bit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:21:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ctfish15] [#44]

Easy construction. Nice idea.  I added a plywood sheet across bottom to prevent chipping floor.  

Room for more plates when I get stronger! 💪

https://www.catalystathletics.com/article/48/Quick-Dirty-Plate-Rack/
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ctfish15:
https://i.imgur.com/vs7yLRd.jpeg

Easy construction. Nice idea.  I added a plywood sheet across bottom to prevent chipping floor.  

View Quote

Shit, I thought you had that mounted to a wall for a second.....  

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Tanren37:

View All Quotes

Jesus me too

I was
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By LTCetme:

Jesus me too

I was
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LTCetme:

Jesus me too

I was

Me three...
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Yikes, sorry to disappoint. Simply sitting on the floor
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Yikes, sorry to disappoint. Simply sitting on the floor
View Quote

I can appreciate some friction/gravity lock as much as the next guy, but then I had flashbacks of my big toe vs. 10# from 3'.....

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LTCetme] [#50]

I can appreciate some friction/gravity lock as much as the next guy, but then I had flashbacks of my big toe vs. 10# from 3'.....

View Quote

My brother took a 20# dumbbell to his big toe on concrete from waist carry height. Bare foot too.

It damn near pulverized the bone to dust. It healed but its 50 flavors of fucked up now and we make fun of his 'jankey toe',
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top