Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lots of talk around KC sports folks that Mahomes and some others don’t care for him at all. Last year there was supposedly quite a bit of tension in the locker room. You saw Mahomes and him get into it one game. Lesean McCoy also said as much as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has been interesting to see the narrative change about Bieniemy (and his involvement) over the last few years.

Lots of talk around KC sports folks that Mahomes and some others don’t care for him at all. Last year there was supposedly quite a bit of tension in the locker room. You saw Mahomes and him get into it one game. Lesean McCoy also said as much as well.

There are reasons he hasn’t been hired as a head coach. None of them are his skin color.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There are reasons he hasn’t been hired as a head coach. None of them are his skin color.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has been interesting to see the narrative change about Bieniemy (and his involvement) over the last few years.

Meanwhile DeMeco Ryan was hired as a head coach.  It won't ever be enough until its all, or a giant majority.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Adams... Leaves Rodgers/GB to go play with his best buddy Carr in Vegas... Then Vegas drops Carr after 1 season together and he is invited Rodgers to come play in Black and Silver?...
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The question is, what are those reasons?

I've heard/read that "he doesn't interview well." I find that believable, but that's hard to substantiate without some team putting their private business in the open.

After that, most of the reasons I've seen commonly cited get pretty iffy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#5]
49ers HC Kyle Shanahan and GM John Lynch would both like to see the NFL look into allowing an "emergency QB" that would not count against the game day roster limit. So teams could avoid what happened to the 49ers last weekend. The idea would be to dress a 3rd/4th QB who doesn't count on the roster and may only enter the game if the active QBs ahead of him are all injured.

"Definitely would be in favor of it," Shanahan said Wednesday. "We were scared to death when that rule ended, whatever many years ago that was. You kind of forget about it since you don't see anyone have to go through it, but then you get reminded of how quickly a football game is over once that happens. So I think that would be a very smart thing to have."

"I think it would be good for football," Lynch said. "You're always trying to develop these guys, but you're always weighing that, carrying three as opposed to their roster value of being able to host a full complement of position players at different positions. I think if the league just kind of gave you an out there, everybody would be forced to do it, you'd have more people in camps improving, I think it'd be good for football."
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
49ers HC Kyle Shanahan and GM John Lynch would both like to see the NFL look into allowing an "emergency QB" that would not count against the game day roster limit. So teams could avoid what happened to the 49ers last weekend. The idea would be to dress a 3rd/4th QB who doesn't count on the roster and may only enter the game if the active QBs ahead of him are all injured.

"Definitely would be in favor of it," Shanahan said Wednesday. "We were scared to death when that rule ended, whatever many years ago that was. You kind of forget about it since you don't see anyone have to go through it, but then you get reminded of how quickly a football game is over once that happens. So I think that would be a very smart thing to have."

"I think it would be good for football," Lynch said. "You're always trying to develop these guys, but you're always weighing that, carrying three as opposed to their roster value of being able to host a full complement of position players at different positions. I think if the league just kind of gave you an out there, everybody would be forced to do it, you'd have more people in camps improving, I think it'd be good for football."
View Quote

On one hand, the league already does something like this for OL, and I don't think there's that much of a competitive loophole here.

On the other hand, if you lose two QBs in one game, it's already over.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On one hand, the league already does something like this for OL, and I don't think there's that much of a competitive loophole here.

On the other hand, if you lose two QBs in one game, it's already over.
View Quote

SF is a prime example though. Say Trey and Jimmy both went out in the same game earlier in the season, then Purdy wouldve been up. Is that game already over?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think with a decent QB coach and even just 1 really good WR, Dak would make tremendous progress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think with a decent QB coach and even just 1 really good WR, Dak would make tremendous progress.

IMO, CD can be that guy. They can get whatever QB coach they want, but Daks gotta be hungry to improve as well. Im not sure if Dak is that kinda competitor though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

SF is a prime example though. Say Trey and Jimmy both went out in the same game earlier in the season, then Purdy wouldve been up. Is that game already over?
View Quote
Yes. Because Purdy would have had nothing but a limited number of practice squad snaps. Wouldn't have had any time with 1st or 2nd team.

When Brock made his first entry into a game this season, week 7, he was 4 of 9 (44%) with 0 TDs and 1 INT (30.1 PR). And that was after he had already been QB2 for 6 weeks and getting the practice reps with 2nd team for more than a month.

Imagine that guy coming into a NFCCG, against the Eagles, having had no reps with the starters all season long. As an "emergency" QB... He would have been slaughtered.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When asked this..

View Quote

I imagine when you're an NFL player with behind the scenes knowledge, it's quite fun to fuck with people like this lol.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
They use to allow three qb's on game day.

Would like to seethe active roster and practice squad expanded a bit more.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#12]
ProFootballNetwork "NFL News and Rumors": Why is the Arizona Cardinals head coach job taking so long to fill? If you are to believe what people in Mobile [for the Senior Bowl] are saying, it's due to Kyler Murray, and it's not because the quarterback has a large say in the matter. Rather, many of the desired candidates don't want to take the job knowing they'll be tied to the hip of Murray for the next four seasons. Murray signed a five-year, $230 million contract in late August, and anyone who takes the Cardinals job will have no options in the foreseeable future at quarterback.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They use to allow three qb's on game day.
Would like to see the active roster and practice squad expanded a bit more.
View Quote
They still do. They got rid of the old rule because they just straight up expanded the roster limit and let NFL teams choose how many QBs they wanted to carry. It's on the 49ers for deciding not to carry a 3rd with that expanded roster.

I do agree the roster limit could still stand to be expanded further, but many ACTIVE NFL players don't want that. It means spreading the cap out among more players.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've heard/read that "he doesn't interview well." I find that believable, but that's hard to substantiate without some team putting their private business in the open.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would hire him because you want a piece of the success that the Chiefs have had. He goes to a bunch of interviews and never gets hired.

Kind of speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Via The Philadelphia Inquirer : They taught Jalen Hurts how to make a cheesesteak. His response 'truly changed our lives.'

A nice feel good story, put most of it in the spoiler tag:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#16]
The Eagles have a 16-3 record and have scored 546 points.
The Chiefs have a 16-3 record and have scored 546 points.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You would hire him because you want a piece of the success that the Chiefs have had. He goes to a bunch of interviews and never gets hired.

Kind of speaks for itself.
View Quote

He also has a bit of a history with police when he was younger.  The most damning though was (allegedly) putting hands on a woman which led to him getting banned from college campus... after he was already a pro.  

Trying to find a job during the #MeToo timeline was probably too much with a female harassment arrest. PR minded team owners probably don't want a bite out of that apple.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He also has a bit of a history with police when he was younger.  The most damning though was (allegedly) putting hands on a woman which led to him getting banned from college campus... after he was already a pro.  

Trying to find a job during the #MeToo timeline was probably too much with a female harassment arrest. PR minded team owners probably don't want a bite out of that apple.
View Quote
If he was the right guy, nobody would care about his old criminal history. Look at Deshaun Watson and the Browns. They don't give a fuck about no #MeToo. They gave a guaranteed quarter of a billion dollars to a serial sex offender they spent three 1st round picks on before his court cases were even completed while he was still awaiting NFL discipline. What is a 20-year-old harassment case compared to that?

Knowing that truth makes it all the clearer that there are OTHER issues with Bieniemy. Race is not one of them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Fair enough, your point with Watson does kind of add perspective to the old arrest.

He benefits from a (likely) HOF QB and a hell of a head coach. He could very well be the next Adam Gase caliber personality.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Via The Philadelphia Inquirer : They taught Jalen Hurts how to make a cheesesteak. His response 'truly changed our lives.'

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Good for him

It seems the new batch of up and coming young franchise QBs are decent guys and doing good things with the community. Are there any out there that are shit birds?

-Allen
-Mahomes
-Hurts
-Herbert
-Lawrence
-Burrow (besides some in here calling him a leftist activist )
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Good for him

It seems the new batch of up and coming young franchise QBs are decent guys and doing good things with the community. Are there any out there that are shit birds?

-Allen
-Mahomes
-Hurts
-Herbert
-Lawrence
View Quote
Whole generation of people raised on social media and influencers. Realizing that a little money and a little fame goes a long ways and carries a lot of weight. Also realizing that image is everything and it only takes one slip up to damage it. Everyone has whole teams of agents, media reps, PR reps, charity organizers, event reps, etc, etc, etc.

They can leverage 2-3 seasons in the NFL into something much much bigger as long as they are smart and surround themselves with smart people. They won't have to rely on lasting in the NFL in case something goes wrong on that front. Can improve their own lives and many others with little effort.

Good for everyone.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

What you talking about?  I mean, sure, Burrow did imply that he wanted every gun to be outlawed, but after he did he said his job is to play football.  That, somehow, means he is absolved of everything he said.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been in favor of a slightly increased roster for awhile. A simple change like just allowing the full roster to be active, including the PS, would be a decent compromise as well. Stash your 3rd/4th/5th QB on the PS and continue on.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've been in favor of a slightly increased roster for awhile. A simple change like just allowing the full roster to be active, including the PS, would be a decent compromise as well. Stash your 3rd/4th/5th QB on the PS and continue on.
View Quote
I think increasing the roster size but with no mandatory requirements on positions is the best answer. Half the fun of the NFL is teams rolling the dice and dealing with the decisions and injuries that may come. If you gave a team a guaranteed two place kicker spots, then we wouldn't have the fun of seeing those games where a team goes for 2 every time instead, or go for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal.

Last weekend sucked for the 49ers, but that's the way the cookie crumbles man. Injuries happen. You have to deal with them within the same rules as everyone else. Making a rule to bail out a 1 in a 100 game doesn't make sense and it takes away from the special uniqueness of that 1 in a 100 event.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#26]
That guy that came in after Purdy got hurt wasn't going to win that game and neither would have anyone else they would have had tagging along as a 3rd active QB.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good for him

-Allen
-Mahomes
-Hurts
-Herbert
-Lawrence
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Good for him

-Allen
-Mahomes
-Hurts
-Herbert
-Lawrence

Agreed but Jason Whitlock has some interesting comments on him. I have heard he is a good guy from people as second hand and third hand info though.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2022-09-22-jason-whitlock-says-joe-burrow-is-suffering-from-colin-kaepernick-disease/
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That guy that came in after Purdy got hurt wasn't going to win that game and neither would have anyone else they would have had tagging along as a 3rd active QB.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Rebuilding year...

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Last weekend sucked for the 49ers, but that's the way the cookie crumbles man. Injuries happen. You have to deal with them within the same rules as everyone else. Making a rule to bail out a 1 in a 100 game doesn't make sense and it takes away from the special uniqueness of that 1 in a 100 event.
View Quote

Losing your QB1 for the season when you have a Super Bowl caliber roster is bad luck.

Losing your QB1, your QB2, AND your QB3 is some "we built our stadium on an ancient Indian burial ground" level of bad luck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Losing your QB1 for the season when you have a Super Bowl caliber roster is bad luck.

Losing your QB1, your QB2, AND your QB3 is some "we built our stadium on an ancient Indian burial ground" level of bad luck.
View Quote
RGIII put a voodoo curse on him.

It's Very Bad to Steal Jobu's Rum...

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
And QB4 technically.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think increasing the roster size but with no mandatory requirements on positions is the best answer. Half the fun of the NFL is teams rolling the dice and dealing with the decisions and injuries that may come. If you gave a team a guaranteed two place kicker spots, then we wouldn't have the fun of seeing those games where a team goes for 2 every time instead, or go for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was excited to see what they had up their sleeve but unfortunately it wasn't anything interesting. I wanted them to do something extreme...
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#34]
In relation to the criticism of Tony Romo's broadcasting this season and especially later in the season, the NY Post's Andrew Marchand is reporting that CBS executives attempted an "intervention" with Romo during the last offseason.

"Tony Romo needs to study more. He needs to be better prepared. As you move away from the sidelines, you need to do more work. I know CBS is aware of this. They tried an intervention last offseason. They knew, they anticipated this. That's a credit to them, the people in charge there. But it has not gotten better."

Marchand also implied that Romo's booth partner, Jim Nantz, isn't going to do much to help Romo.

"Nantz is about Nantz. He's been like that for a long time. You see that in the postgame when he does the broadcast and then he's going down and doing the podium. I don't understand why Tracy Wolfson or someone else can't do that  but it's Nantz all the time."

Romo, in a recent interview with the NY Post, talked about the criticism he has received as late.

"I just think it's enjoyable to try and be the best you can be, and the only way to do that is sometimes to trial and error, and staying inside the umbrella of what you think that the viewer wants to help them enjoy the show. You don't always get it right, but I do think more often than not, just the people that come up to you all the time. I mean, it's quadruple from my first 2-3 years, of how many people come up to me on the street and want to talk about it and how they loved it and stuff. So it's really rewarding for that."
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like Twitter is going to kill all the stats and analytics bots.

4th down bots, Scorigami, Surrender Index punting stats... all that stuff is probably toast.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fn-Gil7XoAAhd6g?format=jpg&name=small

4th down bots, Scorigami, Surrender Index punting stats... all that stuff is probably toast.
View Quote

That must be why they killed the 3rd party apps, too
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lmao
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.

Even with Jimmy/Lance/Purdy I think they'd have had a hell of a time with the Eagles. Would have been a better game for us though, and I would assume that's better for the NFL as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Agreed.

Even with Jimmy/Lance/Purdy I think they'd have had a hell of a time with the Eagles. Would have been a better game for us though, and I would assume that's better for the NFL as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Yep. Teams cannot afford to keep that many good QB's on the roster riding the pine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I don't know about that.  With Purdy not injured the difference in the game was that non-catch on the 4th down play the 49ers didn't challenge.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Speaking of which: when there is a huge play that the team on defense might want to challenge how come when the offense is rushing to snap the ball a defensive player doesn't fake an injury on the field so his team gets extra time to look at it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#43]
As mentioned yesterday. Ian regurgitating day old news on Pat's show.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What you talking about?  I mean, sure, Burrow did imply that he wanted every gun to be outlawed, but after he did he said his job is to play football.  That, somehow, means he is absolved of everything he said.
View Quote

He also said it it up to others to figure that stuff out. It sounded like an off the cuff answer to a question he didn't want to answer. He tries not to be political, but when sports leeches and hangers on need something to ask, they go beyond sports. Why would they ask that question to begin with? Like he said, his job is football, not politics or activism.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Agreed but Jason Whitlock has some interesting comments on him. I have heard he is a good guy from people as second hand and third hand info though.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2022-09-22-jason-whitlock-says-joe-burrow-is-suffering-from-colin-kaepernick-disease/
View Quote

That guy has a hard on for Burrow. It seems he attacks pretty much everything he says. He leaves out stuff and makes it sound the way he wants.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Amazing cap manipulation and drafting will do that.

Course they had a just little help against Cincy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That guy has a hard on for Burrow. It seems he attacks pretty much everything he says. He leaves out stuff and makes it sound the way he wants.
View Quote

Sounds like the average MSM journo.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't know about that.  With Purdy not injured the difference in the game was that non-catch on the 4th down play the 49ers didn't challenge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Well, thats kinda what I'm saying...

It would have been a closer, more enjoyable, game if those guys had played the whole game, but the Eagles were outplaying them in multiple aspects so IMO it would have been an uphill struggle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fn-Gil7XoAAhd6g?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

Noooooooooooooo

Would it Dong is my favorite baseball account. Fuck
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He also said it it up to others to figure that stuff out. It sounded like an off the cuff answer to a question he didn't want to answer. He tries not to be political, but when sports leeches and hangers on need something to ask, they go beyond sports. Why would they ask that question to begin with? Like he said, his job is football, not politics or activism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A glance at his social media accounts one can see that is clearly BS.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top