Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought it was a pretty darn safe bet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was curious what the bet was so I looked it up.  You bet in July that the 2016 Cowboys would have a record worse than 8-8.  I bet their record would be better.  Right after the deal was struck you said you were breaking out your "Romo voodoo doll" and then Romo went down in the preseason.

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_melif5gGVQ1r7a2bao1_400.gif

I thought it was a pretty darn safe bet.

Haha, yeah if Dak didn’t come out of nowhere you probably would have won.  I don’t think anyone saw a 4th round rookie becoming a top 3 QB that season.

IIRC, his odds to win RoY were something like 500/1.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
304 pages of the gheys.
View Quote

And now that you're here, the gayness is complete.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:17:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
304 pages of the gheys.
View Quote

You saw 304 pages of ghey and just had to dive in head first?

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#5]
In on the 305th page of ghey.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
304 pages of the gheys.
View Quote

Not as ghey as being a Chiner red dot shill

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
304 pages of the gheys.

Not as ghey as being a Chiner red dot shill

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/Screen_Shot_2021-01-23_at_3_56_32_AM_png-1792579.JPG

Boo this man!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
304 pages of the gheys.

He just wants to be in the middle of things
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Apparently, there’s another thing that Mahomes does better than every other QB in the league:

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Apparently, there’s another thing that Mahomes does better than every other QB in the league:

View Quote

Its annoying how some announcers act like Rodgers has a patent on that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Its annoying how some announcers act like Rodgers has a patent on that.
View Quote

Rodgers (and Mahomes) doesn't just do it with offsides though, he often catches a defense being lazy with subs and hurries up the offense to get them with 12 man penalty free plays as well. I've also seen DBs forced to resort to PI to save a TD on the free play, which obviously won't count in a completions stat but generating that free play resulted in a benefit beyond the base penalty. I watch a good majority of the games every week and I just don't see many other QB's generating free plays like Rodgers, or now Mahomes. In fact I see a ton of plays where they basically fail to recognize or capitalize on the concept of a free play. That has been improving over the years, but most QB's still aren't capitalizing in the way that Rodgers is known for.

That said, I'm surprised at the Mahomes stat. I realized he was good at it, but didn't realize he was getting THAT many.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like Stafford and the Lions will mutually part ways.

Lions will look to trade in the off season.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

He doesn't get much attention because he plays for the Lions, but Stafford has been a solid QB for a full decade.

2/1 TD/INT ratio

273.4 YPG

90 passer rating

And in the past 10 years he has played all 16 games every season expect one.

He'll be 33 1/2 by the time next season starts so I wouldn't break the bank to get him, but I imagine he'd be an upgrade for at least 10 teams.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He doesn't get much attention because he plays for the Lions, but Stafford has been a solid QB for a full decade.

2/1 TD/INT ratio

273.4 YPG

90 passer rating

He'll be 33 1/2 by the time next season starts so I wouldn't break the bank to get him, but I imagine he'd be an upgrade for at least 10 teams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2/1 TD/INT ratio

273.4 YPG

90 passer rating

I've seen him play quite a bit being in the NFCN. He's a good to at times great QB who will be an instant playoff contender if he goes to a team like the Colts.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

2/1 TD/INT ratio

273.4 YPG

90 passer rating

View Quote

The guy is a stud, it's a shame most of his prime was wasted with the Lions.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

2/1 TD/INT ratio

273.4 YPG

90 passer rating

View Quote

if the price isn't too high i wouldn't mind him at all on the skins. i'd love more of a mobile QB b/c that's definitely where the game is right now, but i don't think the skins will find a surefire QB in the draft and besides Watson (who will cost the farm) Stafford is probably one of the best QBs that the skins have a good shot at grabbing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The guy is a stud, it's a shame most of his prime was wasted with the Lions.
View Quote

sanders, johnson.. they're almost as bad as the bengals at wasting talent in their prime.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

sanders, johnson.. they're almost as bad as the bengals at wasting talent in their prime.
View Quote

I don't know how they keep any fans around
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Miami Herald reporting Watson's #1 is the Jets, then the Dolphins.

Watson this week told people the Jets are his top preference among the teams he’d like to be traded to because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job.

Watson confirmed reports, circulated for several weeks in national media, he’d also welcome playing for the Dolphins but said that is his second choice at this time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#21]
With Stafford and Lions preparing to part ways:

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Watson this week told people the Jets are his top preference among the teams he’d like to be traded to because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job.

Watson confirmed reports, circulated for several weeks in national media, he’d also welcome playing for the Dolphins but said that is his second choice at this time.

i get people love Miami and love the value NY can bring in terms of endorsements, but i don't get why he'd choose those two destinations.

miami seems to be on the right track as of late, but it's hardly a franchise of recent success.

jets have been a mess for years. i like the saleh hire but it may be a little while until that franchise turns it around.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:50:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

they got fucked so bad in that dallas play off game several years back. i think that was suh's last game in detroit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#24]
speaking of Suh, i just remembered he's playing rodgers this tomorrow. that should be fun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

i get people love Miami and love the value NY can bring in terms of endorsements, but i don't get why he'd choose those two destinations.

miami seems to be on the right track as of late, but it's hardly a franchise of recent success.

jets have been a mess for years. i like the saleh hire but it may be a little while until that franchise turns it around.
View Quote

Miami, is party central and no state income tax. Go get paid and have a good time. So the money situation is similar to Houston, but the city and beaches are like 1000x better.

The Jets if you are the player that makes that franchise relevant, you will be remembered forever. The Ego plays a big part of that. Fuck how long have we heard about Joe and he only one a single Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:14:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

they got fucked so bad in that dallas play off game several years back. i think that was suh's last game in detroit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.  Even with that call the Lions were up 3 points with over 8 mins left and had it 4th and 1 from the Cowboys' 46.  Not exactly an insurmountable situation.

Besides, I just view it as a makeup for that horrible Terrance Williams offensive PI call.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In the Texans' defense: he might not have even wanted to interview for the job.  A franchise that finished with a bottom 3 record, doesn't have any first or second round picks in the upcoming draft, and has an incompetent front office isn't exactly an easy sale for a coach with options.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:17:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not really.  Even with that call the Lions were up 3 points with over 8 mins left and had it 4th and 1 from the Cowboys' 46.  Not exactly an insurmountable situation.

Besides, I just view it as a makeup for that horrible Terrance Williams offensive PI call.
View Quote

i'm sure there's some 'turning point' episode about that game somewhere!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In the Texans' defense: he might not have even wanted to interview for the job.  A franchise that finished with a bottom 3 record, doesn't have any first or second round picks in the upcoming draft, and has an incompetent front office isn't exactly an easy sale for a coach with options.

View Quote

i think bassgasm pointed out earlier that some of the lead candidates for jobs weren't even reached out to by the texans.

i know bieniemy was high on watson's list but the texans didn't reach out until after they knew he was at a '10'
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:21:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Miami, is party central and no state income tax. Go get paid and have a good time. So the money situation is similar to Houston, but the city and beaches are like 1000x better.

The Jets if you are the player that makes that franchise relevant, you will be remembered forever. The Ego plays a big part of that. Fuck how long have we heard about Joe and he only one a single Super Bowl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure Houston doesn't have any beaches.

But if you mean like Galveston, then yeah, those beaches suck.  I went there in high school with my girlfriend and some friends and the beach was so nasty we were there for like 10 mins before we decided to just go swimming in a hotel pool instead.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:22:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

imho a ring cements a QBs career more than anything.

while he does have a no trade clause, he knows he has to work with teams that can offer houston a strong package. i just think he'd have much more success with several other franchises.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 4th quarter of that game really plays into those Bassgasm posts about win probably shifting when a team punts instead of going for it.

Up by 3 the Lions had it 4th and 1 from the Cowboys' 46 = they punt.

The very next series the Cowboys had it 4th and 6 from the Lions' 42 = they go for it, get it, and end up scoring the GW TD.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Okay, the rule was changed in 2018 after the Minneapolis Miracle to not require extra point attempts with no time remaining if it won't affect the outcome. The refs dragged a bunch of Saints players back out from the locker room to force them to defend an XP attempt, and Keenum just kneeled down.

That was bugging me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone bored with Tom Brady post season stats/facts yet? Yeah, I didn't think so, I'll keep them coming.

Tom Brady is more likely to make the conference championship then Lebron James is to make a freethrow.
Then any pitcher in the MLB is to throw a strike.
Then any pro golfer is to make a 4 foot putt.

SINCE TURNING FORTY, Tom has as many or more playoff wins then 6 franchises have in their entire history (Jax, Det, Ari, TB, Cin, Hou).

Tom Brady has won at least TWO playoff games ELEVEN times in his career.

Tom Brady now has more career post season wins then 27 franchises. New England is ahead of him of course. Others ahead of him are the Packers, Steelers and Cowboys. He is tied with the 49ers. He theoretically can pass all of them next season and have more wins then all 32 franchises.

Brady has had a QBR of at least 75 in 13 of his last 17 playoff games, and he has had a QBR over 80 in his last 3 conference championship games.

Tom Brady has defeated 18 different teams in the post season. He has beaten more teams than any other QB has total wins in playoff history.

Brady is the only quarterback to play in a conference championship under 4 different presidents.

One I didn't think about, that I should have, we were able to watch the #1 and #2 in career yards (Brees, Brady) and career touchdowns (Brady, Brees) face each other THREE TIMES in one season. I'm not sure that has ever happened before at all, let alone three times in one year.

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers by EPA/play in the postseason since 2011 (10 years):
TB: 1,118 plays, 0.244 EPA/play
AR: 613 plays, 0.244 EPA/play
When garbage time is filtered out (win probability between 2-98%):
TB: 985 plays, 0.236 EPA/play
AR: 513 plays, 0.199 EPA/play

Aaron Rodgers could have made the conference championship every year as a starter and still wouldn't have gone to as many conference championship games as Tom Brady.

Including this one because of all the Phillip Rivers discussion this week. Top 5 QBs all time in terms of number of games with a 100+ passer rating:
1. Tom Brady 159
2. Drew Brees 149
T3. Peyton Manning 118
T3. Brett Favre 118
5. Philip Rivers 115

This season Drew Brees had attempted 19 passes 20+ yards downfield.
Tom Brady attempted 101. Led the league in 20+ air yard passes.
Drew Brees had the shortest avg depth of target at 6.7 yards.
Tom Brady has the longest avg depth of target at 9.8 yards.

Tom Brady since week 14:
PFF Grade - 1st
Yards per attempt - 1st
Passing TDs - 1st
Passing Yards - 1st

This one goes back to the previous week with all the passes Ben threw.
A quarterback has completed 34+ passes 11 times in NFL post season history.
They are a combined 4-7.
Tom: 4-0
Others: 0-7

Only 8 times in NFL history has a quarterback thrown for 4,600+ yards and 39+ TDs with 12 or fewer INTs. Brady has done it 3 times. No other QB has done it more than once. The others are Brees, Culpepper, Mahomes, Manning and Rodgers.
View Quote

Would you PLEASE stop with the "Then" when it should be,

Than.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

2/1 TD/INT ratio

273.4 YPG

90 passer rating

View Quote

I think he deserved better than what the lions surrounded him with but I did not realize his td/int ratio was that bad...still like you said a solid QB and an upgrade for a few teams.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think he deserved better than what the lions surrounded him with but I did not realize his td/int ratio was that bad...still like you said a solid QB and an upgrade for a few teams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2/1 TD/INT ratio

273.4 YPG

90 passer rating

A 2/1 TD/INT ratio is bad?

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2/1 TD/INT ratio

273.4 YPG

90 passer rating

It's not horrible, but it's not great, no.
That's about what Mitchell Trubisky had this year.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's no 4.75:1, 4.65:1, or 3.05:1 but it is still pretty good.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's no Jameis Winston!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#42]
All I really want today is a win, but if that happens I also stand to make some extra income from SB fever (spent this morning getting my ads and website ready to go live as soon as the game is over) so I'm feeling a little more invested today than normal. I don't know how you guys who bet can do it with your own team, lol.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2/1 TD/INT ratio

273.4 YPG

90 passer rating

The question wasn't "is it great."  The question was "is it bad."

Also we're talking career stats.  Not a single season.  Nick Foles had a TD/INT ratio in a single season better than every QB who ever played that wasn't named Tom Brady.  Meanwhile his career TD/INT ratio isn't even 2/1.

Hell, Josh McCown is behind only those two with the 3rd best of all time and his career TD/INT ratio is 1.2/1.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Also we're talking career stats.  Not a single season.  Nick Foles had a TD/INT ratio in a single season better than every QB who ever played that wasn't named Tom Brady.  Meanwhile his career TD/INT ratio isn't even 2/1.

Hell, Josh McCown is behind only those two with the 3rd best of all time and his career TD/INT ratio is 1.2/1.
View Quote

If we're talking career stats, Carson Wentz has about a 2:1 ratio.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh no...

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which isn't bad either.

Though of course when his most recent season had a 1/1 ratio and he led the NFL in turnovers despite being benched the last quarter of the season he is not exactly trending in the right direction.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Just sitting here waiting like...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Than.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone bored with Tom Brady post season stats/facts yet? Yeah, I didn't think so, I'll keep them coming.

Tom Brady is more likely to make the conference championship then Lebron James is to make a freethrow.
Then any pitcher in the MLB is to throw a strike.
Then any pro golfer is to make a 4 foot putt.

SINCE TURNING FORTY, Tom has as many or more playoff wins then 6 franchises have in their entire history (Jax, Det, Ari, TB, Cin, Hou).

Tom Brady has won at least TWO playoff games ELEVEN times in his career.

Tom Brady now has more career post season wins then 27 franchises. New England is ahead of him of course. Others ahead of him are the Packers, Steelers and Cowboys. He is tied with the 49ers. He theoretically can pass all of them next season and have more wins then all 32 franchises.

Brady has had a QBR of at least 75 in 13 of his last 17 playoff games, and he has had a QBR over 80 in his last 3 conference championship games.

Tom Brady has defeated 18 different teams in the post season. He has beaten more teams than any other QB has total wins in playoff history.

Brady is the only quarterback to play in a conference championship under 4 different presidents.

One I didn't think about, that I should have, we were able to watch the #1 and #2 in career yards (Brees, Brady) and career touchdowns (Brady, Brees) face each other THREE TIMES in one season. I'm not sure that has ever happened before at all, let alone three times in one year.

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers by EPA/play in the postseason since 2011 (10 years):
TB: 1,118 plays, 0.244 EPA/play
AR: 613 plays, 0.244 EPA/play
When garbage time is filtered out (win probability between 2-98%):
TB: 985 plays, 0.236 EPA/play
AR: 513 plays, 0.199 EPA/play

Aaron Rodgers could have made the conference championship every year as a starter and still wouldn't have gone to as many conference championship games as Tom Brady.

Including this one because of all the Phillip Rivers discussion this week. Top 5 QBs all time in terms of number of games with a 100+ passer rating:
1. Tom Brady 159
2. Drew Brees 149
T3. Peyton Manning 118
T3. Brett Favre 118
5. Philip Rivers 115

This season Drew Brees had attempted 19 passes 20+ yards downfield.
Tom Brady attempted 101. Led the league in 20+ air yard passes.
Drew Brees had the shortest avg depth of target at 6.7 yards.
Tom Brady has the longest avg depth of target at 9.8 yards.

Tom Brady since week 14:
PFF Grade - 1st
Yards per attempt - 1st
Passing TDs - 1st
Passing Yards - 1st

This one goes back to the previous week with all the passes Ben threw.
A quarterback has completed 34+ passes 11 times in NFL post season history.
They are a combined 4-7.
Tom: 4-0
Others: 0-7

Only 8 times in NFL history has a quarterback thrown for 4,600+ yards and 39+ TDs with 12 or fewer INTs. Brady has done it 3 times. No other QB has done it more than once. The others are Brees, Culpepper, Mahomes, Manning and Rodgers.

Than.

You think you're better then me?
I should probably work on that than...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top