BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, washington would've ruined A A Ron's career and Campbell would be the GOAT.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did your team have “the most talented QB of all time” though?

That reminds me:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/05E89337-B533-41D1-926B-522DEE9EA3AB_jpe-1795313.JPG

Imagine how different the NFC would have looked if those picks were switched.

Yeah, washington would've ruined A A Ron's career and Campbell would be the GOAT.

Then Rodgers would have one less ring than he does now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You're the one who phrased it like it was a bad thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A decade of having "the most talented QB of all time" and you'd "rather them be that team than most other teams."

That's quite the high bar you're setting.

You're the one who phrased it like it was a bad thing

No, actually I was responding to Bennjammin's post about Rodgers' comments and explaining why I thought he was just pouting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that not intentional grounding?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was 6" from landing out of bounds when the ball was released.  I think he might have been outside the tackles.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He was 6" from landing out of bounds when the ball was released.  I think he might have been outside the tackles.
View Quote

Doesn't it have to cross the line of scrimmage?

ETA: I guess it lands beyond
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s other criteria.

Were there receivers in the area and did the pass make it to the LoS?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless there is an eligible receiver "in the area."
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There’s other criteria.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s other criteria.

Of course, but the ball clearly went past the LoS so I didn't know what else it could have been.

It seems when people aren't familiar with one aspect of grounding rules "being outside the tackles" is the leading candidate.  IIRC, someone needed to point that out to one of the Packers fans earlier today.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No, actually I was responding to Bennjammin's post about Rodgers' comments and explaining why I thought he was just pouting.
View Quote

If you were referring to his comments or "pouting" then why did you phrase it as "the fans believed" instead of "Rodgers believed"?

Play innocent if you want, but it's clear you're dancing on the grave. Which IDGAF about, it doesn't offend me in the least. I was just pointing out the dig you chose wasn't all that bad. It's like teasing the rich kid about daddy buying him a nice car, why would he give a fuck? He has the nice car while everyone else drives a beater or walks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you were referring to his comments or "pouting" then why did you phrase it as "the fans believed" instead of "Rodgers believed"?

Play innocent if you want, but it's clear you're dancing on the grave. Which IDGAF about, it doesn't offend me in the least. I was just pointing out the dig you chose wasn't all that bad. It's like teasing the rich kid about daddy buying him a nice car, why would he give a fuck? He has the nice car while everyone else drives a beater or walks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he's just jealous the last time the Cowboys even played in an NFCCG was in 1995
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Brady is now T1st for most road playoff wins.

View Quote

This is crazy considering the Pats had home field advantage for a majority of his playoff years
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Again, I think he's just pouting.

Packers and their fans believed this year was different.  This was a different Packers team.  #1 offense, Rodgers' MVP, a better HC, etc.

Then they get a reality check that they're not different.  They're the same Packers they've been for the past decade that couldn't reach the Super Bowl despite having "the most talented QB of all time."
View Quote

Is he really the most talented though?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Wylie is down, and the Chiefs are moving to Wis at RG.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know what is going through Rodgers' head.  But, based on what I've seen posted here, I do know what Packers fans have been thinking.  I imagine Rodgers' thoughts probably wouldn't be that different, but again, I'm not a mind reader.  I understand you're super sensitive after a lose like that, but even still I'm not sure why something that light (addressed to someone else no less) set you off.

As for your analogy: it wouldn't be like teasing the rich kid about daddy buying him a nice care.  It'd be like teasing the rich kid with a nice car because even with it he still hasn't gotten laid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This is crazy considering the Pats had home field advantage for a majority of his playoff years
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brady is now T1st for most road playoff wins.

With this win he now has more career post season wins (9) over NFC opponents then Drew Brees (8). 6 Super Bowls, 3 this year.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Maybe he's just jealous the last time the Cowboys even played in an NFCCG was in 1995
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Packers have zero Conference Championship wins in the past decade despite having "the most talented QB of all time."  Meanwhile, the 43 year old QB that beat the Packers in their own house today has won 6 Super Bowls and will be playing in yet another one in two weeks.  But, yeah, the Packers are ones people are jealous of.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Packers and their fans believed this year was different.  This was a different Packers team.  #1 offense, Rodgers' MVP, a better HC, etc.

Then they get a reality check that they're not different.  They're the same Packers they've been for the past decade that couldn't reach the Super Bowl despite having "the most talented QB of all time."

I dunno, but I do know people claim he is so I just put it in quotes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The Packers have zero Conference Championship wins in the past decade despite having "the most talented QB of all time."  Meanwhile, the 43 year old QB that beat the Packers in their own house today has won 6 Super Bowls and will be playing in yet another one in two weeks.  But, yeah, the Packers are ones people are jealous of.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one I remember always being used before this new round of QBs was that Rodgers was the most physically gifted/talented.

The football IQ was always Tom and Peyton.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't know what is going through Rodgers' head.  But, based on what I've seen posted here, I do know what Packers fans have been thinking.  I imagine Rodgers' thoughts probably wouldn't be that different, but again, I'm not a mind reader.  I understand you're super sensitive after a lose like that, but even still I'm not sure why something that light (addressed to someone else no less) set you off.

As for your analogy: it wouldn't be like teasing the rich kid about daddy buying him a nice care.  It'd be like teasing the rich kid with a nice car because even with it he still hasn't gotten laid.
View Quote

Weird, I didn't realize I was "set off" lol. You might not be a mind reader, but you're trying to play one on the internet

Make fun of Rodgers or GB all you want, I don't care. I was just pointing out that an obvious dig looked pretty silly. Instead of just owning it and continuing to dance on that grave you chose to pretend it wasn't what you're doing, I just think it's funny.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The one I remember always being used before this new round of QBs was that Rodgers was the most physically gifted/talented.

The football IQ was always Tom and Peyton.
View Quote

I'd agree that that was how it was usually presented, but yeah it can't really be true anymore with the young guns. Specifically Mahomes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#23]
that was fast.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I think only Hill can take a slant for that big of a gain
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#25]
[Lotzia Jr] Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Rex Grossman each have one NFC Championship win

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Man... Sneed is a big contributor on defense, and I’m guessing he goes into the protocol.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
[Lotzia Jr] Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Rex Grossman each have one NFC Championship win

View Quote

I don’t know what’s worse. Brady meeting that criteria in one season or Rodgers matching it in all his seasons.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Tom Brady has now beaten 5 #1 seeds on the road 2001 Steelers (13-3), 2004 Steelers (15-1), 2006 Chargers (14-2), 2018 Chiefs (12-4), 2020 Packers (13-3).

Since 2000, Quarterbacks are 8-33 (.195) in the playoffs when throwing three interceptions. Tom Brady is now 3-1 (.750) in the playoffs when throwing 3 INTs.

The playoff win gap between Tom Brady (33 wins) and next closest QB Joe Montana (16 wins) is larger than the gap between Joe Montana and you or me (0 wins).

Tom Brady is now 4-0 in making the Super Bowl when he loses Week 1 (2003, 2014, 2017, 2020).

Tom Brady has now beaten 27 different QBs in the playoffs. This list includes 7 MVPs and 7 Super Bowl champions.

Tampa Bay has won 7 straight games for the first time in franchise history.

The Buccaneers are the first team to reach the Super Bowl without a first-round bye since the 2012 Ravens (not a 1 or 2 seed).
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Man... Sneed is a big contributor on defense, and I’m guessing he goes into the protocol.
View Quote

Looked similar to how LJ hit his head.

That is a big loss.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don’t know what’s worse. Brady meeting that criteria in one season or Rodgers matching it in all his seasons.
View Quote

from last year https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/2/1/18202915/tom-brady-patriots-playoff-wins-vs-nfl-teams-record

Now I think Brady has more playoff wins himself then all but four NFL TEAMS all time playoff wins... if he plays two more seasons and does well he may end up with more playoff wins himself then any NFL team.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

from last year https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/2/1/18202915/tom-brady-patriots-playoff-wins-vs-nfl-teams-record

Now I think Brady has more playoff wins himself then all but for NFL TEAMS all time playoff wins... if he plays two more seasons and does well he may end up with more playoff wins himself then any NFL team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know what's worse. Brady meeting that criteria in one season or Rodgers matching it in all his seasons.

Now I think Brady has more playoff wins himself then all but for NFL TEAMS all time playoff wins... if he plays two more seasons and does well he may end up with more playoff wins himself then any NFL team.

I posted the stat last week. He could technically break it next season (if everything aligned properly).

But if he wins the Super Bowl, I'm not entirely sure he comes back this time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#32]
oof....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#33]
HOW IN THE JIMMY BLUE FUCK WAS THAT NOT HOLDING
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Tome of TB12 facts
View Quote

Honestly all these stats have been amazing, thanks for sharing them.

They make quite the case for TB12 being the GOAT, far better than simplifying it to 6 (7? ) rings.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#35]
that hurt.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#36]
chiefs have really rattled allen and taken diggs out of the game.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I posted the stat last week. He could technically break it next season (if everything aligned properly).

View Quote

maybe. this season may have just been to prove he can do it on his own with no belicheck.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Fuuuu....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A decade of having "the most talented QB of all time" and they couldn't win their own conference even once.  

Meanwhile the GOAT has 6 rings and is going for #7 in two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

maybe. this season may have just been to prove he can do it on his own with no belicheck.
View Quote

The thing is, he might not have Bill but he has more talent around him than most of those Pats teams.

Not that I think it matters. He's proven himself an elite QB, and damn good coaching and stacked rosters is what every team wants to build.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he wins the superbowl no one would blame him for retiring. He'd have made his point. Give Belicheat the finger as he rides off into retirement.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Fuck this season.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

i hope you're worried about the super bowl and not this game.

but spoiler alert, the chiefs will be fine for the big game.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
and they're still moving the ball with ease.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Weird, I didn't realize I was "set off" lol. You might not be a mind reader, but you're trying to play one on the internet

Make fun of Rodgers or GB all you want, I don't care. I was just pointing out that an obvious dig looked pretty silly. Instead of just owning it and continuing to dance on that grave you chose to pretend it wasn't what you're doing, I just think it's funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was explaining to another poster why I thought Rodgers' comments were just him pouting and I didn't take them to mean he was serious about leaving, retiring, etc. Then I gave the reasons why I thought he was doing that.  You obviously didn't like me saying that, but you also couldn't dispute it so instead you became fixated on me talking about what Packers fans were saying because I didn't have access to Rodgers' inner thoughts.  It seems clear that it upset you, but hey, if you want to pretend it didn't upset you, you find it funny, or anything else you want to tell yourself, have at it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fuck this season.
View Quote

sorry man, but the bills will be around for a good while.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If he wins the superbowl no one would blame him for retiring. He'd have made his point. Give Belicheat the finger as he rides off into retirement.
View Quote

Gisele must be a complete bitch.

He has a cemented legacy as the best ever and enough money it would be a struggle to spend. Instead of spending time with his super model wife he continues to play football.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#49]
imagine how much more of a blow out this game would be if the Chiefs hadn't fumbled?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Gisele must be a complete bitch.

He has a cemented legacy as the best ever and enough money it would be a struggle to spend. Instead of spending time with his super model wife he continues to play football.
View Quote
Well she's getting up in years. Maybe Brady trades her in on a newer model. Pun intended
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top