Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/23/2021 1:24:17 AM EDT
Story link

SPRINGFIELD, Mich. — The deputy who arrested a Black man for collecting signatures in Calhoun County earlier this month has been fired, according to the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department.

Fake Laws Were Enforced By These Officers
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
“We hold ourselves to high standards of professionalism to the communities we protect,” writes the sheriff’s department. “When we are right, we are right. When we are wrong, we admit we are wrong.

If all police adopted this attitude they would be much better off.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:40:17 AM EDT
[#2]
This video only makes me more anticop. this guy was a retard.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“We hold ourselves to high standards of professionalism to the communities we protect,” writes the sheriff’s department. “When we are right, we are right. When we are wrong, we admit we are wrong.

If all police adopted this attitude they would be much better off.

View Quote

This.   Getting any Agency to admit they screwed up, even when they Clearly did, is usually similar to parting the Red Sea.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

They fired him.  So they did good.  PD's need to be more proactive about kicking out the bad ones.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:48:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Good firing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed, and there are many retards like him.

The unusual thing is that his department actually gave him some sort of negative response for being retarded.

The way that a great deal of police departments around the country would have handled that would be to chant about the thin blue line over and over until people got tired of arguing, and maybe put him on paid leave.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:54:09 AM EDT
[#7]
What the hell is a tenants association? Trying to get free housing?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:08:14 AM EDT
[#8]
How tf does a cop not know the law?
"My job is to enforce the law......I don't have to know what the law is...as long as I enforce it"
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:22:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Goes back to what I always say: Most cops believe they’re always right and feel they have to “win” every interaction. Surprised they went as far as to fire him, but I’ve seen a cop get fired for worse and then get his job back. To the department’s credit, there was another guy they fired and kept fired. So I suspect it was union stuff that saved the first guy. I guess my point is, let’s see if the guy stays fired or not.

I am curious as to what happened to the other dep, if anything.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Basically a renters union so to speak
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Holy fuck this one is even worse, from the same channel.
https://youtu.be/HUbKxVlA_0M?t=466
Skip to: 7:53
Man Arrested For Wearing a Helmet, $250,000 Settlement Rejected
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:37:45 AM EDT
[#12]
So does he stay fired, or does he just land another deputy job in the next jurisdiction over?  Curious how that works.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:41:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I can see a guy who worked in town A for a while getting hired over in town B, and not knowing that town B lacks a 'no solicitation' law

But how the Fruitcake can you be a cop and think that a solicitation law applies to someone going around collecting signatures for a petition, door-knocking for a politician, or sharing your faith?  Those are all highly protected categories, how can an officer NOT know that?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:45:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUbKxVlA_0M
View Quote

I actually like his videos much more than most of the so called auditors. He gets long winded but doesn't seem like a piece of trash that hates cops which certainly seems to be the case with most auditors.

This one is pretty bad. Straight up case of how dare you disrespect me.
Officer Straight Up Lies To Detain Citizen
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:47:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can see a guy who worked in town A for a while getting hired over in town B, and not knowing that town B lacks a 'no solicitation' law

But how the Fruitcake can you be a cop and think that a solicitation law applies to someone going around collecting signatures for a petition, door-knocking for a politician, or sharing your faith?  Those are all highly protected categories, how can an officer NOT know that?
View Quote

They didn't care which made it worse. He told them immediately he was collecting signatures and the lady whose house he was at obviously had no problem with him. Then he got locked up in front of his kids. Think they will grow up to be cop lovers?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:02:17 AM EDT
[#16]
WOW!  In Michigan in 2021 and the officers were not wearing masks?  WTF?  Hope their governor doesn't find out about this.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I actually like his videos much more than most of the so called auditors. He gets long winded but doesn't seem like a piece of trash that hates cops which certainly seems to be the case with most auditors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgqm3vY7nh0
View Quote

I did a quick search but didn’t find anything.  Was there any follow up ?

That’s really F’ed up. Reminds me we live in a police state, history repeating itself there, damn scary it is.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:07:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah that's some "disrespecting the crown" shit right there.
Dude was a douchebag but cop had a ego.
EDIT: Holy fuck that ending. "I'm sorry it ended like this."
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:19:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can there be tens of thousands of cops who both are totally ignorant of constitutional law, and also bold-faced liars?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:35:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I did a quick search but didn’t find anything.  Was there any follow up ?

That’s really F’ed up. Reminds me we live in a police state, history repeating itself there, damn scary it is.
View Quote

There's never follow up and I hate that. At some point I am sure we will start seeing some kind of wiki type database and I am all for it. One more step towards weeding out the bad ones.
Quoted:

Yeah that's some "disrespecting the crown" shit right there.
Dude was a douchebag but cop had a ego.
EDIT: Holy fuck that ending. "I'm sorry it ended like this."
View Quote

Yeah at one point I think he says something like I wish this could have been avoided just drive on
Quoted:

How can there be tens of thousands of cops who both are totally ignorant of constitutional law, and also bold-faced liars?
View Quote

Because they were trained to be that way.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"My job is to enforce the law......I don't have to know what the law is...as long as I enforce it"
View Quote

First off we have waaaayy too many laws.

Most of the cops don't know a lot of the laws just like the regular subjects don't know a lot of the laws. I think the police should be personally liable for a 'tell it to the judge' attitude that forces the truly innocent to have to pay into the crony club known as the legal system when it boils down to ignorance of the law - just like the subjects are punished when they get pinched due to ignorance of the law.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#22]
A friend of mine was drinking beer with four of his co workers in his backyard at 3 am on a Saturday .  In Texas alcohol can not be sold after 2 am  in a bar or after 1am from a convenience store and all liquor stores have to close a 9 pm.

2 police officers drive by his house and see all of them drinking in his back yard. The cops stop and come to the fence and tell them that they can not be out side at night drinking after 2am . My friend asked why and they said that he and his co-workers would be charged with public intoxication if they did not go into his house. My friend told the cops that his back yard was private property and that they where not on public property.
The cops said that if people could see them drinking then that was public intoxication.
Now my friend told the cops to go fuck themselves and get off of his property.   The 2 cops came through his gate into his back yard and grabbed him put him in hand cuffs and told him he was under arrest for public intoxication and disorderly conduct. His co workers all went into his house before the cops could get to them.
The next morning  when the judge showed up to hear his case / plea and my friend told him what happened the judge dismissed all charges and made a different cop take him back  home.

My friend got I lawyer  the next Monday and the lawyer went to the city attorney and told him that the city could settle out of court for $75,000 dollars or he would see them in court. By Friday the city contacted my friend and his lawyer and asked them if they would settle for $60,000 the lawyer talked it over with my friend and said $65,000 . The city cut a check for $ 65,000 two week later. My friend got $45,000 his lawyer got $20,000.
One cop got fired  and the other one was made to work in the jail for 2 years before he could go back on the street. The cop working in the jail quite after 5 months.

I asked my friend why he didn't go for more money. He told me that his lawyer did it that way because if it went to court it could have taken up to 2 years before it went to trial. He took the fast money.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:53:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was an episode of Live PD shot in the county around Springfield, MO where a cop pulled someone over for only having one license plate.

The guy explained that he and the car were from a state that only issued one plate. The cop told him that didn't matter, Missouri required two plates.

Some cops are only cops because they have allergies so they can't be the town Dog Catcher.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:08:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Most of the cops don't know a lot of the laws just like the regular subjects don't know a lot of the laws. I think the police should be personally liable for a 'tell it to the judge' attitude that forces the truly innocent to have to pay into the crony club known as the legal system when it boils down to ignorance of the law - just like the subjects are punished when they get pinched due to ignorance of the law.
View Quote

Same guy had a video up covering a traffic stop where the reason for the stop was 60 in a 65. I almost had to shut the video off. I would have asked the officer what speeds would prevent him from pulling me over.

My guess is that they suspected him of trafficking because it was a rental but on it's face getting stopped for 5 under is absurd. In the video the narrator even shows that the laws about impeding traffic and the like all mention going significantly slower like 40 in a 55.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same guy had a video up covering a traffic stop where the reason for the stop was 60 in a 65. I almost had to shut the video off. I would have asked the officer what speeds would prevent him from pulling me over.

My guess is that they suspected him of trafficking because it was a rental but on it's face getting stopped for 5 under is absurd. In the video the narrator even shows that the laws about impeding traffic and the like all mention going significantly slower like 40 in a 55.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:28:57 AM EDT
[#26]
That's a great channel I've been following them for a year.  I know a middle school teacher who recommends the channel to her students and regularly discusses the videos.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the short version.  The long version is, well, long:

A tenant association (or tenant organization) may be made up of tenants who live in a certain building or development, or membership may be on a larger scale -- i.e. renters in a city who belong to a county or citywide local tenants' association. These groups are formed and maintained with a number of goals in mind, including:

Informing tenants of their rights under local, state, and federal law.
Organizing and lobbying on behalf of tenants and tenants' rights, especially at city and county levels of government.
Improving tenant-landlord relationships, building conditions, and services for tenants under a "strength in numbers" model.
Encouraging regular communication and community awareness among tenants.

more here:

https://www.findlaw.com/realestate/landlord-tenant-law/tenant-associations.html

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#28]

TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Only way to end all this "because I said so" crap and knocking in the wrong doors in middle of the night is prosecute to full extent of the law.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do think we have way to many laws

But I also think a society as complex as ours needs to have more laws than one person could reasonably store in their brain.  That's why we haves lawyers etc who specialize in various areas of the law.

The problem isn't that there are 'lots of laws' the problem is that we as a society set up a system where police don't need to know the laws they are enforcing.

Instead police should only be allowed to enforce the laws they have been specifically trained on, and when the encounter infractions against laws they aren't knowledgeable on, they should call in for further instructions.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guy around me got tagged for solicitation for offering to *buy* things from people.

Now, it was a gun turn in event so there was definitely political motivation behind it - but laws get applied however the LE and magistrate decide, not the way the law is written.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A friend of mine was drinking beer with four of his co workers in his backyard at 3 am on a Saturday .  In Texas alcohol can not be sold after 2 am  in a bar or after 1am from a convenience store and all liquor stores have to close a 9 pm.

2 police officers drive by his house and see all of them drinking in his back yard. The cops stop and come to the fence and tell them that they can not be out side at night drinking after 2am . My friend asked why and they said that he and his co-workers would be charged with public intoxication if they did not go into his house. My friend told the cops that his back yard was private property and that they where not on public property.
The cops said that if people could see them drinking then that was public intoxication.
Now my friend told the cops to go fuck themselves and get off of his property.   The 2 cops came through his gate into his back yard and grabbed him put him in hand cuffs and told him he was under arrest for public intoxication and disorderly conduct. His co workers all went into his house before the cops could get to them.
The next morning  when the judge showed up to hear his case / plea and my friend told him what happened the judge dismissed all charges and made a different cop take him back  home.

My friend got I lawyer  the next Monday and the lawyer went to the city attorney and told him that the city could settle out of court for $75,000 dollars or he would see them in court. By Friday the city contacted my friend and his lawyer and asked them if they would settle for $60,000 the lawyer talked it over with my friend and said $65,000 . The city cut a check for $ 65,000 two week later. My friend got $45,000 his lawyer got $20,000.
One cop got fired  and the other one was made to work in the jail for 2 years before he could go back on the street. The cop working in the jail quite after 5 months.

I asked my friend why he didn't go for more money. He told me that his lawyer did it that way because if it went to court it could have taken up to 2 years before it went to trial. He took the fast money.
View Quote

I think your friend took the smart route. A decent paycheck for one night's hassle and some payback.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Auditors do an important job.  However I'm not a fan of auditors who verbally throttle cops the second contact is made.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I feel for police.

The real problem is the legislature and the ever-increasing number of laws.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This one's really fucked, too, and speaks to people (the WM manager in this case) being huge pussies (there was NEVER a direct request/confrontation) and being unreliable witnesses.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Fired him.  Good start.  Now about the kidnapping charges, etc?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Auditors do an important job.  However I'm not a fan of auditors who verbally throttle cops the second contact is made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of them go out of their way to antagonize people including the police and I don't have much patience for that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fired him.  Good start.  Now about the kidnapping charges, etc?
View Quote

If you can't convict Brailsford for homicide, how can you expect to convict a guy for making an illegal arrest?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#38]
The deputy who arrested a Black man for collecting signatures in Calhoun County earlier this month has been fired, according to the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department.

So, is the fact that the victim is black the only reason anybody gives a shit about false arrest, or would you have fired him for arresting a white guy?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So does he stay fired, or does he just land another deputy job in the next jurisdiction over?  Curious how that works.
View Quote

Before another department hires him, they run his name and information through the National Invalid Cop System. If it comes back denied, then they won't hire him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The deputy who arrested a Black man for collecting signatures in Calhoun County earlier this month has been fired, according to the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department.

So, is the fact that the victim is black the only reason anybody gives a shit about false arrest, or would you have fired him for arresting a white guy?
View Quote

Hard to say.

The below incident happened just two days ago.  White cop, white victims.  Officer Zatzkin just resigned because of it (allegedly).  Resigned before he could be fired.  
Jersey Village, Tx.- arrested for failure to ID
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

It takes a real retard to blame all cops or any other group for the sins of one fool. We are about individual responsibility and accountability. He got what he had coming.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They fired him.  So they did good.  PD's need to be more proactive about kicking out the bad ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they arrest the cop for kidnapping?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Did they arrest the cop for kidnapping?
View Quote

A better question is why wasn't his partner fired for standing there like an imbecilic watching it all happen without saying a word?

He's just as guilty by not speaking up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A better question is why wasn't his partner fired for standing there like an imbecilic watching it all happen without saying a word?

He's just as guilty by not speaking up.
View Quote

Sometimes it's not quite that easy. Disagreeing with each other on a scene could lead to disastrous results. A lot needs to change in modern policing but sometimes it's going to be a complicated long process.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was actually a legal arrest. A bullshit one, but legal.

You can get arrested for public intoxication on private property like your back yard just like you can get arrested for public intoxication in a privately owned bar.

I would NEVER fuck with somebody for something stupid like that, but it IS technically a legal one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That was actually a legal arrest. A bullshit one, but legal.

You can get arrested for public intoxication on private property like your back yard just like you can get arrested for public intoxication in a privately owned bar.
View Quote

Horseshit.

Was the guy running around nude? No.
Was the guy throwing things at people located off of his property? No.
Was he endangering himself or others? No.
Did he ever leave his OWN property? No.

So tell us, Mr. Gubbermint man, exactly HOW that's a legal fucking arrest because I'd like to hear the details on that.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#47]

So tell us, Mr. Gubbermint man, exactly HOW that's a legal fucking arrest because I'd like to hear the details on that.  

View Quote

Dude already explained. Next step would be to look at the penal code.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#48]
This is all a result of lowering standards (testing, drug use, criminal history and phycological)just to fill positions. There are dumb asses in every line of work they just glow brighter in police work. We don't like them being there more than the public it makes everyone else's job more difficult.  We have to give them an equal opportunity to succeed and then fail before they can be fired. There are many WTF moments involving elevated blood pressure and much yelling when video is reviewed by supervisors.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those cops wer power tripping hard. Basically arrested him because of their egos.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Cop hating Liberal gets scared. Liberal calls cops in panic mode. Cops show up. Cops try to figure out what is going on. Cops over step bounds. Liberal gets arrested. Cop gets fired.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top