BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/2/2018 10:26:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
but meh feelz are more important than your safety!
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Was coming to post this story myself when I found this thread with a dupe search.

This surprise anyone?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm shocked!
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#6]
“...the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees...”

So, I assume there’s also a ‘National White Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees’.
Right?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was coming to post this story myself when I found this thread with a dupe search.

This surprise anyone?
View Quote
Nope.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Normal for dot gov;

Never thought of this from the FAA perspective
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nope, not one bit.

Skin color is much more important than ability to do the job.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This surprise anyone?
Nope, not one bit.

All these professional pilots, many with thousands of hours of training on military aircraft, their whiteness sickitates me!

Let's replace them with diversity hires who barely made it through the private flight training schools and failed a bunch of check rides.

It's all good - the only thing that matters is that we be politically correct!
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Diversity is a central tenant of the state religion, and far more important than the lives of the passengers.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep, and it's absolute BS.

My brother is a newly minted controller down in Houston, and his experience at the training academy showed the extent of the problem.

Training classes typically cycle through a handful of times per year, maybe 4 or 5 classes of 20-30 trainees each. There was a span of several months where there were literally NO classes because so few of the candidates were even able to pass the basic background checks. Guess that's what happens when you target-hire a bunch of minorities and women.

They got wise and went back to their practice of hiring the best candidates (read: ex mil or college degreed white dudes) and now things are more or less back on track.

From what he's told me, the issue remains in the initial training areas, very few of these Obama diversity hires are actually cutting the mustard and making it to the control floor.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Diversity is NOT a strength!!! Political correctness, affirmative action & SJW causes are a death sentence...
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All these professional pilots, many with thousands of hours of training on military aircraft, their whiteness sickitates me!

Let's replace them with diversity hires who barely made it through the private flight training schools and failed a bunch of check rides.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This surprise anyone?
Nope, not one bit.

The blood of the martyred will be a small price to pay to build a true utopia where all are "Equal"...
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Not surprising at all.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#15]
as long as June Cleaver can coach the pilots in Jive, it'll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#16]
It should all be privatized anyway.

This bullshit is just one more reason why.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#17]
How about we hire based on merit not melanin?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This surprise anyone?
View Quote
Fox covered this a couple of years ago. Everyone knew what Obama was doing. Trump needs to overturn this BS ASAP.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep. It's affected my career as well as others and has given us several unqualified trainees.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Yo foo, yall gon  mash dat der plane ifn y’all don turn or sometin
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yo foo, yall gon  mash dat der plane ifn y’all don turn or sometin
View Quote
Yo, quit 'cho damn 'illin an fly da plane right!
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#22]
"too white" is in my opinion, racist.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#23]
ahh diversity,   I guess affirmative action was getting a bad name

typical lib roundhouse - control the language and the narrative.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Time to undo anything Bathhouse Barry 0 did and I'm trying real hard to think of something good BathHouse Barry did.  About the only thing I can think of is leaving office.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#25]
The good thing is the unqualified trainees for the most part never check out and become controllers. I have seen 2 minorities become controllers that had zero business doing the job at a busy facility.

The bad part is thousands of people were rejected because they were not a minority.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, this is kind of yesterday’s news. This dynamic is as old as the hills in aviation, practically speaking, though Obama Administration increased it heavily among controllers.

There isn’t even the pretense that all major airlines don’t aggressively hire on diversity criteria, nearly exclusively.

I can say without a doubt that visible quality criteria of flight deck crews to ATC (radio discipline, multitasking, request handling) has been decreasing since I’ve been in the flight deck. This isn’t my opinion alone, but one shared privately by recently retired ATC personnel.

ETA: Just make GD’s head asplode, if you want aviation safety, you’re going to find the Unions are nearly totally responsible for it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Tucker Carlson had a segment on this last night.  Previous experience doesn't count for much in the screening process.  You would think Congress would get involved even if it was for their personal safety.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Obama and "Diversity" and affirmative action

Where Im from they just call it racism.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How about we hire based on merit not melanin?
View Quote
THIS - there should be no such thing as quotas or affirmative action. All educational and employment opportunities should be earned, not granted by skin color.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#30]
"A group within the FAA, including the human resources function within the FAA -- the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees -- determined that the workforce was too white,".

LOL, fuck me...and YOU!
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"...the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees..."

So, I assume there's also a 'National White Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees'.
Right?
View Quote
Sure there is

Was gonna post this, exactly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
as long as June Cleaver can coach the pilots in Jive, it'll be fine.
View Quote
"Ain't no thaang!  Sheee-it!"
(No problem! Golly!)
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sure there is

Was gonna post this, exactly.
View Quote
They share offices with the Congressional White Caucus
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#34]
The DOT employees people in “diversity coordinators” positions. Oddly, none of these people were white dudes. I thought it was pretty much a joke until a coworker stated these positions are probably at a GS14 pay grade level.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Not surprised. Remember during wikileaks when it came out that Citibank had hand selected Obama's cabinet options and provided a spreadsheet that broke them down by both sex and race so that the perfect diversity quota could be met?

Or the panicked email chain when one of the black females that was asked to join turned them down and now they were scouring the country to find another candidate.... but that candidate had to be black and female as well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#36]
When did Obama's bullshit start? I know someone that graduated a private training course to be an ATC, then she nope'd to another government job back in the 2011-2013 timeframe. I know those programs used to be a huge source of ATCs, and then were shit on by the Obama rule change.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well, this is kind of yesterday’s news. This dynamic is as old as the hills in aviation, practically speaking, though Obama Administration increased it heavily among controllers.

There isn’t even the pretense that all major airlines don’t aggressively hire on diversity criteria, nearly exclusively.

I can say without a doubt that visible quality criteria of flight deck crews to ATC (radio discipline, multitasking, request handling) has been decreasing since I’ve been in the flight deck. This isn’t my opinion alone, but one shared privately by recently retired ATC personnel.

ETA: Just make GD’s head asplode, if you want aviation safety, you’re going to find the Unions are nearly totally responsible for it.
View Quote
I'm a guy that hates unions and thus it should pain me to have to admit that this statement is absolutely accurate. But it doesn't pain me. I suppose because knowing this makes my mandatory membership somehow more tolerable.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/02/obama-era-faa-hiring-rules-place-diversity-ahead-airline-safety-attorney-tells-tucker-carlson.html

The safety of America's airline passengers is being compromised for the sake of diversity in hiring air traffic controllers, an attorney suing the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" host Tucker Carlson on Friday.

During the Obama administration, the FAA replaced the previous hiring standards with rules designed to increase diversity among air traffic controllers, attorney Michael Pearson said.

“A group within the FAA, including the human resources function within the FAA -- the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees -- determined that the workforce was too white,” Pearson told Carlson. “They had a concerted effort through the Department of Transportation in the Obama administration to change that.”
View Quote
It makes perfect sense considering the only reason obama got elected was because he was black.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#39]
My daughter went through the FAA approved (initiated) CTI (College Training initiative) program which set up a separate pipeline for hiring controllers (distinct from the military and off the street hires).

Her class (one of the first from her college) was given a different test from OTS hires that measured non-ATC related apptitude. Many in her class were turned down. No reason given except the FAA letter said “Consider yourself unqualified”.

Later, I talked to a Houston controller and told him her story. He just laughed and said the “Current administration felt the CTI pipeline candidates were insufficiently diverse and had too much of an advantage.”.

More social engineering at the expense of safety and competence.

TC
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nope, not one bit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This surprise anyone?
Nope, not one bit.

There is a reason that every administrator and most higher ups in the FAA are black, women or both.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/02/obama-era-faa-hiring-rules-place-diversity-ahead-airline-safety-attorney-tells-tucker-carlson.html

The safety of America's airline passengers is being compromised for the sake of diversity in hiring air traffic controllers, an attorney suing the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" host Tucker Carlson on Friday.

During the Obama administration, the FAA replaced the previous hiring standards with rules designed to increase diversity among air traffic controllers, attorney Michael Pearson said.

“A group within the FAA, including the human resources function within the FAA -- the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees -- determined that the workforce was too white,” Pearson told Carlson. “They had a concerted effort through the Department of Transportation in the Obama administration to change that.”
View Quote
Well duh!
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This surprise anyone?
View Quote
Actually I am quite surprised.

Nobody searches for dupes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yep, and it's absolute BS.

My brother is a newly minted controller down in Houston, and his experience at the training academy showed the extent of the problem.

Training classes typically cycle through a handful of times per year, maybe 4 or 5 classes of 20-30 trainees each. There was a span of several months where there were literally NO classes because so few of the candidates were even able to pass the basic background checks. Guess that's what happens when you target-hire a bunch of minorities and women.

They got wise and went back to their practice of hiring the best candidates (read: ex mil or college degreed white dudes) and now things are more or less back on track.

From what he's told me, the issue remains in the initial training areas, very few of these Obama diversity hires are actually cutting the mustard and making it to the control floor.
View Quote
This isnt completely true.

ATC is an extraordinarily difficult school. In any given class 20 to 40 percent will fail out regardless of racial demographic. Further, military people typically have a hard time converting from the military method to the NAS method, again this is regardless of race. Also a huge percentage of hires dont cut the mustard and get the axe. (ATC is a job jeopardy school)

One of the guys I was in a class with was a black guy, former police officer, and really cool stand up guy who was a controller who didnt make it through ATC school, but he is a great inspector.

I might have seen your brother there as I was just there for a class.

(ETA: Controllers are downstairs in the Stafford building and I was in building 4 and the hangars, but had lunch a few times at the cafeteria)
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#44]
It's not just a war on white men, it's a war on competence.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#45]
So we gonna take bets on when the first mid-air collision happens?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's not just a war on white men, it's a war on competence.
View Quote
That's a great summation of modern Marxism.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This surprise anyone?
View Quote
That someone searched for dupes?

Yep
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Or blacks in America.  They were harmed by illegal immigration and unless you were in the circle of influence, you got more by being a legal or illegal immigrant.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
“...the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees...”

So, I assume there’s also a ‘National White Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees’.
Right?
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top