Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2021 4:08:47 PM EDT
Its only like 7 pages of relevant info, so skim through it. Moral to the story, don't use social media to document shady behavior.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1356326/download
Attachment Attached File

Not sure what " hunt at night" entails either.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Leave cell phones at home, take an older vehicle that doesn't have GPS, don't post anything about it online.  Only go with people you know and trust.  This advice applies to everything you do.  Camping, fishing, etc.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Defrauding an Innkeeper. CA PC Sect. 537.  I was the only one in the PoPo Academy to know it.   Got accused by classmates of looking in the book (the pepole who sat next to me knew I didn't flip open the book).  A couple of days earlier when I was bored I read it on the door of my motel room.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Defrauding an Innkeeper. CA PC Sect. 537.  I was the only one in the PoPo Academy to know it.   Got accused by classmates of looking in the book (the pepole who sat next to me knew I didn't flip open the book).  A couple of days earlier when I was bored I read it on the door of my motel room.
View Quote

I wonder how many people get hit with that charge annually. Or is that how they bring down players like Al Capone?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Name of the agent being blacked out standard or is it because they were undercover?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
so so so dumb.  You people need to quit posting everything you do on social media.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm reminded of a blog post I read a few months ago by some national of a South American country (I forget which) that had recently gone through civil war/upheaval/whatever and the author was a revolutionary in that turmoil.

Anyway, they described how they lived a double life.  One persona is public and upstanding, productive, etc.  The other persona is their revolutionary persona, with a different name, mannerisms, habits, etc.  The two identities never crossed paths.  They described how that was a normal and necessary tool for survival.

Interesting read.  That person sure was committed to their cause.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
So telling people something we knew all to well as tennagers during spring break is  a punishable offense?  What a joke.  When you have to be scared of what you say on the internet you need your guns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not surprised because I have practiced criminal law for most of my career, and the things people do openly and document never ceases to amaze me. Its not like these folks were talking in veiled threats or euphemism. Clearly there was some back and forth which can be characterized by "just talk" but these folks talked about it openly and then went and did the thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask Randy Quaid
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don't plan, commit and brag about criminal activities on social media? Also at least one anonymous source cooperated with the FBI.

so much for "antifa did this"
View Quote

What were they caught doing that was illegal.  Where is the complaint by the establishment that this even occurred?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I think Goatboy said it best in one of his threads.

“Don’t trust anyone.”
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am not surprised because I have practiced criminal law for most of my career, and the things people do openly and document never ceases to amaze me. Its not like these folks were talking in veiled threats or euphemism. Clearly there was some back and forth which can be characterized by "just talk" but these folks talked about it openly and then went and did the thing.
View Quote

Where did you read that they were caught "defrauding an innkeeper "?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How many of the people arrested would have done anything without social media? If it was 1976 they would have been sitting in a neighborhood bar complaining about Jimmy Carter and drinking PBR.

social media gave them a sense of belonging and reinforcement that pushing their way into the Senate was cool, probably posting about it also reinforced their desire to do something exciting that others would see. If you're just you in podunk Ohio when you rant about wanting to go to DC and start some shit your buddies and coworkers are going to tell you not to be a dope. Since you're not a weirdo lefty you don't have hippy/anarchist druggy buddies who would clap on dumb shit. You just go home, kick the dog and watch football
View Quote

Social media plays a roll.  But you can't post about your victories of storming the capitol building (forcing entry even) when you politely left when asked by the cops.  People just have to be smarter about what they post.  Kind of like here on arfcom.  I can't say what I want, and neither can a lot of people.  And frankly that's probably for the better because then they'd be visiting me at 6am with their armored vehicles.

First step is to use secure comms.  Second step is to organize IRL.  Third step is don't post shit you'd go to jail for on social media.  Not at least until you're winning/won.

Nothing is fail safe.  The CI or whoever he was working with the FBI, hard to weed those guys out.

But I support the Patriots who showed up on the 6th.  God bless them.  Just be smarter about social media next time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't plan, commit and brag about criminal activities on social media? Also at least one anonymous source cooperated with the FBI.

View Quote

All those "ANTIFA did this" claims lost some serious credibility with me from all this.  There's one ass-clown who had ANTIFA affiliation, but so far, that's been about it.  

By the way, "recruits"?  Yea, that doesn't sound ominous or anything.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What establishment? You mean the hotel?

They're charged with conspiring to illegally enter a federal building and disrupt Congress. They documented most of their activities on social media.

A local paper listed all the people arrested in NY. One guy posted a photo of himself holding a riot shield someone stole from
a cop and there was a yellow cartoon hand pointing at him with "This is me!"

It's bizarre that people thought they'd do this and no one would care. I know there was a lot of rioting this year but I still don't understand how people could openly plan to do this, show themselves doing it and not expect to be arrested.

I kind of understand guys getting caught up in the spur of the moment, but even then a bunch of sober middle aged guys?
View Quote
Really?  We had 4 years of people doing just that up to and including assault and battery - where most were never caught and if they were were let go immediately or with a ridiculously light sentence.

There were tens of thousands of people there that will never be looked at or thought about.  This is revolutionary darwinism.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

As sad as it sounds, I think it’s very possibly some of them genuinely believed that they would “storm” the Capitol, stop the “traitors” ... and then when the election results were overturned, and Trump was inaugurated for his second term, they would be invited to the White House for ice cream and medals, and be hailed as heroes.

Why do you think some of them had zip-tie handcuffs on them?  They presumably thought they were going to arrest Pelosi and Pence, and save the day.

Your question is a little bit like asking why people in Jonestown would drink the Flavor-Aid.  
View Quote

I'm starting to think the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

“Don’t trust anyone.”
View Quote

Well that’s gonna be a big problem when we need to unite and watch out for each other.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#28]
LOL, using facebook DMs as your commo plan for your insurgency...

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They're charged with conspiring to illegally enter a federal building and disrupt Congress. They documented most of their activities on social media.

A local paper listed all the people arrested in NY. One guy posted a photo of himself holding a riot shield someone stole from

It's bizarre that people thought they'd do this and no one would care. I know there was a lot of rioting this year but I still don't understand how people could openly plan to do this, show themselves doing it and not expect to be arrested.

I kind of understand guys getting caught up in the spur of the moment, but even then a bunch of sober middle aged guys?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What were they caught doing that was illegal.  Where is the complaint by the establishment that this even occurred?

No I understand what your explaining.  I was posting about the whole "defrauding an innkeeper " stuff.  Posting how you are going to commit a crime, and then doing that crime are  is a different animal indeed.
But then again I openly side with the Patriots.  Would anyone disagree that the true Seditionists are inside the Capitol as we speak?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They weren't attacking the Capitol and chasing Congress out of the building wearing gas masks. That's going to bring about a different reaction then stealing a TV or throwing canned corn at a cop in Duluth.

Let's say I lose my shit today run down the street and throw a mackerel at the guys at the Chinese restaurant while wearing a mask. If tomorrow I see the Sheriff waiting in line for frozen yogurt with his kids and throw a mackerel at him there's going to be a lot more effort and resources spent in catching me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really?  We had 4 years of people doing just that up to and including assault and battery - where most were never caught and if they were were let go immediately or with a ridiculously
They weren't attacking the Capitol and chasing Congress out of the building wearing gas masks. That's going to bring about a different reaction then stealing a TV or throwing canned corn at a cop in Duluth.

Let's say I lose my shit today run down the street and throw a mackerel at the guys at the Chinese restaurant while wearing a mask. If tomorrow I see the Sheriff waiting in line for frozen yogurt with his kids and throw a mackerel at him there's going to be a lot more effort and resources spent in catching me.

so... they are more equal after all?...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is the utter failure to prosecute nearly ALL the BLM arsonists / rioters this summer which is bizarre to me.  

You wrote: “It's bizarre that people thought they'd do this and no one would care. I know there was a lot of rioting this year but I still don't understand how people could openly plan to do this, show themselves doing it and not expect to be arrested.”

My take away is: private citizens & their private property don’t matter.

But SOME animals are more equal than others.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Couldn't be both?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Cool, Facebook was used for "insurgency planning."

SHUT.

IT.

DOWN.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well that’s gonna be a big problem when we need to unite and watch out for each other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Don’t trust anyone.”

Are you organically figuring out why a “cell” based structure is used in certain organizations?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really?  We had 4 years of people doing just that up to and including assault and battery - where most were never caught and if they were were let go immediately or with a ridiculously

How about if you throw a salmon?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How many of the people arrested would have done anything without social media? If it was 1976 they would have been sitting in a neighborhood bar complaining about Jimmy Carter and drinking PBR.

social media gave them a sense of belonging and reinforcement that pushing their way into the Senate was cool, probably posting about it also reinforced their desire to do something exciting that others would see. If you're just you in podunk Ohio when you rant about wanting to go to DC and start some shit your buddies and coworkers are going to tell you not to be a dope. Since you're not a weirdo lefty you don't have hippy/anarchist druggy buddies who would clap on dumb shit. You just go home, kick the dog and watch football
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so so so dumb.  You people need to quit posting everything you do on social media.

If it was 200 years prior, they would have been sitting in a pub, enjoying several pints, and contemplating the overthrow of the king.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember seeing nightly attacks of a federal building including fire! I remember a police station occupied for weeks. Quite a bit more than throwing canned corn and stealing tv's. I also remember some rapes and murders during those peaceful protests. I remember a comedian holding a severed head that looked like President Trump. Think I could get away with that holding a Biden head?

Reading your posts sometimes it seems you are trying to provoke someone into posting something that would get them in trouble?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Ell-Oh-Mutha-Fuggin-Ell
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

As sad as it sounds, I think it’s very possible some of them genuinely believed that they would “storm” the Capitol, stop the “traitors” ... and then when the election results were overturned, and Trump was inaugurated for his second term, they would be invited to the White House for ice cream and medals, and be hailed as heroes.

Why do you think some of them had zip-tie handcuffs on them?  They presumably thought they were going to arrest Pelosi and Pence, and save the day.

Your question is a little bit like asking why people in Jonestown would drink the Flavor-Aid.  
View Quote

If they were really plugged in to the system they would know that Trump likes McDonald's and that the ice cream machine is always broken at McDonald's. Clearly an invitation for ice cream and medals is a trap by the deep state.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

As sad as it sounds, I think it’s very possible some of them genuinely believed that they would “storm” the Capitol, stop the “traitors” ... and then when the election results were overturned, and Trump was inaugurated for his second term, they would be invited to the White House for ice cream and medals, and be hailed as heroes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Hell just look at the peoples post who think “civil war 2” will be like a part time job they can do on the weekends and clock back into work Monday and high five their buddies about the shots they made while eating lunch
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#42]
There are Arfcomers that have given us great advice over the years.  Those things need to be emphasized and followed.

"Security through Obscurity."

"Don't draw attention to yourself, and invite the man into your life."

Some of these chowder heads should learn to love it, follow it and practice it
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#43]
The biggest crime those people committed was exposing to the world how poorly our Government is guarded.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stolen riot shield smells of Antifa or BLM.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well that's gonna be a big problem when we need to unite and watch out for each other.
View Quote
Well, I know some of us still gather in "taverns" and "plot things" offline.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Look here Flightless Snow Bird, I have it on good authority from Q' that the Oath Keepers are really just deep undercover ANTIFA operatives posing as Conservatives! Some rando on 4Chan told me so!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look here Flightless Snow Bird, I have it on good authority from Q' that the Oath Keepers are really just deep undercover ANTIFA operatives posing as Conservatives! Some rando on 4Chan told me so!

I thought Oath Keepers was a t-shirt company?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

All those "ANTIFA did this" claims lost some serious credibility with me from all this.  There's one ass-clown who had ANTIFA affiliation, but so far, that's been about it.  

By the way, "recruits"?  Yea, that doesn't sound ominous or anything.
View Quote

Assuming we are talking about the same guy (the dude whose brother is a big trump supporter), I'm not sure if he was truly antifa himself. There are tweets from leftist groups made back in November warning other leftists not to associate with him. Basically saying it had been discovered that he was not authentically left wing and was just trying to infiltrate.

The fact these tweets were made months ago rather than when he became the subject of controversy gives them some credibility
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The sad reality is that our betters in Congress don’t really give a fuck if some savages burn down Portland, or set fire to Philadelphia, or rampage around Baltimore or whatever.  It doesn’t affect them in the slightest, and they can always do a photo op and pretend to care if someone asks.  Hell,  they don’t even give a fuck if the natives burn down the shitty parts of DC, as long as it’s nowhere near the nice part of town where they live and work.

But if someone breaks into THEIR house (figuratively speaking) and threatens THEM?  That is going to result in a ruthless and brutal crackdown, so that nobody dares to ever threaten them again.

View Quote

I read this, really vibing, and had to scroll up to see who wrote it, expecting Barnbwt or Greasyeasy etc

And BAM. The DK. I truly don't know why, but I did not see that coming.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top