Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2020 12:46:24 AM EDT

Since when is a drift dive a technical dive?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I think since never... unless you're drifting at >130' and doing mixed gas decompression. In which case, that's a long drift dive.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:24:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Could it be?
No.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
They were in less than 30’. They were freaking out because they couldn’t talk to the divers.
That show kills me but saying a drift dive is a tech dive? Has anyone told Cozumel this?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Since the kid has probably all of 15 minutes experience under the water and low viz scares him.

Watch how he flails his arms underwater like a noob. He has zero experience.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to smile when I hear about divers having trouble with low vis.
I started diving around 1970 in lakes here in N Texas. If we had 15’ vis we were bragging about it.
I was in the ocean for the first time in Coz 3-4 years ago. The water was so clear I thought I was going to break my legs on the big coral when I stepped off the boat. I was in 50’ water. I had never actually seen what was under me before.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The metal detector was going nuts underwater!

Good thing Canadian law prevents excavation of sunken beer cans from fisherman.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF are you guys talking about?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF are you guys talking about?
View Quote

Last night’s episode of The Curse of Oak Island.
Last week they found some rocks. This week they found s pile of dirt that looks like what I leave after using an excavator  
They also went diving. The way they were talking you would think they were diving the Andrea Doria with a single AL80 full of air.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL... I had no idea this was in reference to a TV show.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL... I had no idea this was in reference to a TV show.
View Quote

I am ashamed to admit I’m hooked by this bs.
I read the same article in Reader’s Digest back in the ‘60s as the brothers did.
From what I have heard from a couple of the pro divers they have used in the past the brothers and their crew are legit, good people. The bs comes from the History Channel producers and directors etc.
At this point I am just interested in the history. I love history anyway and this is cool as hell.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#11]
My coworker was talking about it yesterday and I finally realized I actually watched this show for a short while until I realized it's pretty much like the equivalent of click bait. Eight seasons of click bait. I even remember skipping to the end of each show... and then to the last episode of a season to see if they found anything before I decided it was like Ghost Hunters with excavators.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:40:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Many dives in zero vis day and night either on open circuit or closed.  Never use lights either.  Occasionally a chem light stick on the compass board.

CD
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top