Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2021 11:30:15 PM EDT
I've seen a couple of videos on this lately, but this one seems to be very concise and eclectic.

I don't vouch for the YouTuber's Christian credibility just the accuracy of his points on this issue:

The Truth about Trump Election Prophecies

How False Prophesiers Get You
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Happens every 4 years
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Happens every 4 years
View Quote

The thing here is...according to Scripture, haven't all of these people forever lost their legitimacy as men of God, or in the least, they can never claim to be true prophets?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Good.

What's really sad though is the congregations that make excuses and continue to follow a false prophet over God.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good.
What's really sad though is the congregations that make excuses and continue to follow a false prophet over God.
View Quote

Supposedly, the "loop hole" they are using is that Trump DID win, but it was stolen from him. However, I can't see how that wouldn't apply to those who said he would serve two terms, or that they saw him in the Oval Office for 8 years.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm wary of any man that claims to speak FOR God.
There are teachers, there are messengers, and there are snakes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Any man who tells me he's a "man of God" automatically tells me he's a liar and a crook.  
I've never met a real prophet.  I've known a few real "men of God".  They don't run around prophesying.

Those men are going to hell if they don't repent.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The problem also is with the people, If your looking for someone to predict the future,
Then go find a fortune teller with a crystal ball, you'll get the same result.

May want to read all of Jeremiah Chapter 23.

Jer 23: 21-23
21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doing

If a Prophet is genuine, They will lead you out of your sin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The problem also is with the people, If your looking for someone to predict the future
View Quote

Umm...by their very nature prophets DO predict the future as well as warn about sin via their proclamations.

"The biblical term "nabi" means one who spoke, acted, or wrote under the extraordinary influence of god to make known the divine counsels and will. Yet commonly associated with this primary function to proclaim the word of God, a prophet also prophesied by foretelling future events. His role, then, was to both proclaim and to make the proclamation credible."
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Umm...by their very nature prophets DO predict the future as well as warn about sin via their proclamations.

"The biblical term "nabi" means one who spoke, acted, or wrote under the extraordinary influence of god to make known the divine counsels and will. Yet commonly associated with this primary function to proclaim the word of God, a prophet also prophesied by foretelling future events. His role, then, was to both proclaim and to make the proclamation credible."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The problem also is with the people, If your looking for someone to predict the future

Why did you edit what I posted and change everything I said?

A prophet can predict the future,
Obviously if what they speak does not happen then it's false,
But just because it is true does not mean that it is from God.
If it leads you into sin, then it's false. Ask Adam and Eve.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why did you edit what I posted and change everything I said?

A prophet can predict the future,
Obviously if what they speak does not happen then it's false,
But just because it is true does not mean that it is from God.
If it leads you into sin, then it's false. Ask Adam and Eve.
View Quote

I didn't change the meaning of your post at all. I just left off the crystal ball part, and didn't address the verse.

"Obviously if what they speak does not happen then it's false", is not what we are talking about. We are discussing whether the fact that they uttered a false message purported to be from God makes their ENTIRE ministry void at that point.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I didn't change the meaning of your post at all. I just left off the crystal ball part, and didn't address the verse.

"Obviously if what they speak does not happen then it's false", is not what I we are talking about. We are discussing if the fact that they uttered a false message purported to be from God makes their ENTIRE ministry void at that point.
View Quote

Your not getting what I am saying,
Because your also of the mindset that if it happens it's from God, If not they are false.
Without looking at the fruit they produce, False teaching leads you into sin or keeps you in sin, whether what they said come true or not.

God's Word is Truth and the Truth will set you free, no matter who is president.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Without looking at the fruit they produce, False teaching leads you into sin or keeps you in sin, whether what they said come true or not.

View Quote

No, just being correct in a prophesy doesn't mean it comes from God, and I have not said that.
Again, the point above isn't the point of this conversation, but thank you for the contribution.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]
This article is asserting that this is leading to a huge schism among the Evangelical Charismatics.

Charismatics Are At War With Each Other

This part is really interesting:

“Last November when [evangelist] Cindy Jacobs had her meeting in Dallas, none of the prophets at that meeting – and it was the elite who were there – none of them hinted that anything like the coronavirus was coming,” Melton said. “That has come back to haunt them.”

ETA: This is Cindy Jacobs. I had no idea this was even a thing.

Cindy Jacobs
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This article is asserting that this is leading to a huge schism among the Evangelical Charismatics.

“Last November when [evangelist] Cindy Jacobs had her meeting in Dallas, none of the prophets at that meeting – and it was the elite who were there – none of them hinted that anything like the coronavirus was coming,” Melton said. “That has come back to haunt them.”

Cindy Jacobs
View Quote

Didn't even click, from what you quoted, all I can do is shake my head.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The thing here is...according to Scripture, haven't all of these people forever lost their legitimacy as men of God, or in the least, they can never claim to be true prophets?
View Quote

This is how I see it, yes. People following these guys will likely decide to have a lower standard than the Lord does...sadly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Cindy Jacobs
View Quote

I only got to this part and had to stop:

"Each year she travels and has spoken on nearly every inhabited continent to tens of thousands. Yet, in her heart is the memory that Jesus left the ninety-and-nine to go to the one. Today, in spite of a demanding schedule, she is willing to go for the one lost soul."

We're supposed to be impressed that she makes time for that "one lost soul" even though she is SO important, right? The 99 and Jesus going after the one that went missing is NOT a picture of a "lost soul" and God "chasing them down". The 99 plus the one missing are all in the flock, and Jesus is their shepherd -- they are all believers. Jesus is going after the one that is going astray, but still a believer. This is not a picture of an atheist being converted to Christ -- it is one of a believer being convicted of their sin and repenting from it.

Never heard of this Cindy character, but the fact that this article states she caters to "world influencers" looking for prophetic information tells me something. I'm guessing those influencers aren't all Christian, huh? She does not appear to be doing the Lord's work. I bet she is sure getting paid, though. Wolf in sheep's clothing, that one...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top