Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1946 of 5582)
Page / 5582
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Well,yes,a car is different from the car.

I speak Estonian,English and German what I would call fluently but don’t actually know all of the rules of English,just what sounds and looks right. If you made me take a high school English exam where I had to dissect sentences I would probably fail but can easily pass as American when typing
View Quote

I was going to say you're grasp of our language is excellent if your typing is a fair representation. Id wager a lot of us would fail at dissecting a sentence haha. Not a skill many need to practice.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

I was going to say you're grasp of our language is excellent if your typing is a fair representation. Id wager a lot of us would fail at dissecting a sentence haha. Not a skill many need to practice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I speak Estonian,English and German what I would call fluently but don’t actually know all of the rules of English,just what sounds and looks right. If you made me take a high school English exam where I had to dissect sentences I would probably fail but can easily pass as American when typing

I'm in the south. I think his typing aint bad at all. In fact his typing english is real good.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

I mean, WTAF?  How do you end up with that many tanks sunk side by each?   Holy hell.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Is this photo real?  Claims to be a Russian failed river tank fording.

"Suicide mission! Failed forced crossing of the Siverskyi Donets River by RUS tanks. The tankers did not do this on purpose but were ordered by desperate commanders to cross without a bridge."
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/FStjxWCXoAQtv3B_jpeg-2383388.JPG

Commander...do you think we should try with one first?

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!

I mean, WTAF?  How do you end up with that many tanks sunk side by each?   Holy hell.

Ahhh

They wanted to play navy it looks like
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

He might even know the difference between “your” and “you’re”.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:40:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#5]
This failed assault keeps giving.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]
Edit
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CS223:
@Star_Scream
Different Galicia, here's where my relatives were from: Galicia  It was later absorbed by the Austria/Hungary empire & Poland.  Documents from my family have both Galicia and Austria/Hungary listed as place of birth. As a result I qualify for Austrian citizenship as soon as the US Gov't ass draggers from NARA send me the paperwork.
View Quote

NO problem with ARfcommers in Austria - only with Invaders form countries with a totally different culture!

H
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:02:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
A Chernivtsi Businessman Assembling Cool Looking Military Vehicles For The Ukraine Armed Forces
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Yup those crafty Ukrainians painted a 'Z' on everything to fool you

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#14]
If that BTG went in to force a river crossing at 550 troops it was already under strength. Russian Army is running on fumes. I’m not sure Ukraine has the power to land a fatal blow. This is going to drag out all summer.

No way Russia can win. I feel bad for the civilians, the kids are paying a heavy price for Putin’s ego.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Muskrats.
View Quote

Look to large for a muskrat.  So far nutria sounds reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Garmin Fenix 6.
Question is if that's current location or local weather.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By Willmar:

I'm surmising this is some SF cat letting us know he's behind enemy lines?

I'm not up on the latest in big gaudy watches. What is that?

Garmin Fenix 6.
Question is if that's current location or local weather.
if my poor math skills are right... the second time on the watch is 6:14 (am or pm?) but if that's the second time zone..it matches up with our mountain time zone. 6hrs to GMT and plus three to Belgorod.
dunno.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Definitely a moment in this clip that rattled my sphincter.

Link To Twitter

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

He might even know the difference between “your” and “you’re”.

View Quote

Lol i would guess he does.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Muskrats.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By AKaTom:
Russian officer posts video of his unit being attacked, from his captured cellphone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/up3h1k/russian_soldier_of_the_42nd_guards_motor_rifle/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Full video of his conversation and such here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZIspwem2s

Anyone know what kind of critters those were towards the end? Looked like beavers with the webbed back feet.

Cool video, even got the wife to watch it.

I was wondering the same, either escaped American beavers from the zoo, or Capybara was my guess.

Muskrats.
Nutria.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Yer spacebar could use some work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Way too much grenade spam on that map.  Also unbalanced toward defending side.  0/5 stars, do not like.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

"Suicide mission! Failed forced crossing of the Siverskyi Donets River by RUS tanks. The tankers did not do this on purpose but were ordered by desperate commanders to cross without a bridge."

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!

First tank sinks, second tank drives over top first tank
Improvised River fording construction
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

OK, hold TF on here a minute.  What you are advocating is actually race hatred - that some indiscernable genetic make up makes one group defective and incompatible with humanity.  

Why don’t we just round up the Russians, heck maybe the Japanese and Africans in our country and put them in camps?

I”m sitting this very minute in a CMP/Army Marksmanship Unit training class and shooting a service rifle match tomorrow with my 18 year old “genetically” Russian step-son next to me.  He’s as “western” as any one around.  “Genes” aren’t destiny.  Culture, community matter.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/A8DD0537-87FB-45D4-BD5E-5BC41D2F0083_jpe-2383411.JPG

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

I was about to post this.
when people come to understand that while there are brilliantly minded Russians out there, for the most part they are genetically not like Western Europeans. they are not normal.

OK, hold TF on here a minute.  What you are advocating is actually race hatred - that some indiscernable genetic make up makes one group defective and incompatible with humanity.  

Why don’t we just round up the Russians, heck maybe the Japanese and Africans in our country and put them in camps?

I”m sitting this very minute in a CMP/Army Marksmanship Unit training class and shooting a service rifle match tomorrow with my 18 year old “genetically” Russian step-son next to me.  He’s as “western” as any one around.  “Genes” aren’t destiny.  Culture, community matter.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/A8DD0537-87FB-45D4-BD5E-5BC41D2F0083_jpe-2383411.JPG

Lol
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

If it makes you feel better they aren’t diagramming sentences in many schools anymore because it’s racist.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx0eH_Osa10
View Quote

Dang, that back deck design is really clever!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaNi05] [#27]
Originally Posted By Old_Fashioned:
If that BTG went in to force a river crossing at 550 troops it was already under strength. Russian Army is running on fumes. I'm not sure Ukraine has the power to land a fatal blow. This is going to drag out all summer.

No way Russia can win. I feel bad for the civilians, the kids are paying a heavy price for Putin's ego.
View Quote
Yeah that's my feeling too.

Russia isn't going to win, but I also don't see how Ukraine can take back all of the territory lost. Russians have admitted they're attacking with roughly 1:1 ratio, which certainly isn't enough. I understand that Ukraine has localized numerical superiority in Kharkiv region, which is how they've been successful in pushing to the Russian border, but they will need troops to hold the ground that they take. So for every inch of ground captured, some amount of forces will need to remain there. And they will need to keep sizeable blocking forces in some of the key areas(like Belgorod and Odesa) just to make sure Russia doesn't go full retard and try their luck.

I see this going well into 2023, unless somehow Ukraine and Russia come to some kind of stalemate/ceasefire ala 38th parallel, which Zelinsky has stated as completely unacceptable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By mbinky:
Yup those crafty Ukrainians painted a 'Z' on everything to fool you

https://i.postimg.cc/cJx0xBRL/Screen-Shot-2022-05-14-at-4-10-36-PM.png
View Quote

I can't help but wonder why they haven't started leaving the Z on the captured vehicles and just paint one additional line through the middle of it left to right. They are really asking for it by painting Z all over everything.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:27:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mbinky] [#29]
Some more cannon cockers.

So a question.  How is the powder ignited?  They load the shell, then the charge, what sets it off?

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:37:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog15] [#30]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

First tank sinks, second tank drives over top first tank
Improvised River fording construction
View Quote

LOL   That must have been the plan.  They really are like a horde of army ants.

ETA:  Upon reflection, that is an insult to army ants.  They are much more disciplined.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Aggressively patriotic ukranians should be volunteering for these positions. They would be helpful.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Operational information as of 18.00 on 14.05.2022 from the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Rashists are trying to recruit Ukrainian citizens to work for the occupation institutions and illegal law enforcement units in the temporarily occupied territories of eastern and southern Ukraine.
On the territory of Gomel region of the Republic of Belarus, the demining activities in the areas of the former location of Russian Federation units are recorded.
In Kharkiv direction, the occupiers focused their main efforts on maintaining their positions, controlling supply routes to the north and east of the city of Kharkiv, as well as preventing Ukrainian troops from advancing towards the state border.
In Donetsk direction, the group of enemy forces concentrates its main efforts on preparing for offensive operations in the direction of Severodonetsk, Soledar and Bakhmut, carries out resupply and regrouping its units. Up to two battalion tactical groups were relocated in this direction. The enemy is conducting assault operations along the line of contact with the support of aircraft and artillery. It has partial success in the Avdiivka area.
The opponent is regrouping its troops in Lyman and Severodonetsk directions. The reinforcement of the group in the battalion tactical group in the area of the Novy Aidar railway station was observed.
In Mariupol, the enemy continues to blockade Ukrainian units near the Azovstal plant. It carries out massive artillery and air strikes, conducts assault operations.
In Zaporizhzhya direction, the opponent concentrated its main efforts on artillery shelling of Ukrainian positions.
On the territory of Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova, the armed forces have been transferred to daily operations. At the same time, units of the operational group of Russian troops continue to be on high alert.
Ships of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation in the Black and Azov Seas perform tasks to isolate the area of hostilities, reconnaissance and fire support in the coastal direction.
The enemy is trying to increase its military presence on Snake Island and is reinforcing its air defense system.
Russian troops continue to deliberately destroy Ukraine's civilian infrastructure by launching missile and bomb strikes and artillery shelling of settlements in Donetsk, Odesa, Luhansk and Kharkiv regions.

Telegram Link

Aggressively patriotic ukranians should be volunteering for these positions. They would be helpful.

I suspect that will be the next phase after many of the loyal collaborators are eliminated and Russia is forced to relax vetting standards.

I mentioned early in this thread that Ukrainians should wipe their devices and social media before the invasion starts. Now we're seeing the benefits of that, in not only surviving the filtration camps but in working and infiltrating the puppet institutions.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#33]
https://t.me/andriyshTime/880
Mariupol. Burial of the dead.
The critical situation with the burial of the dead and new abuse of the occupiers is gaining momentum. In addition to the natural causes of the disintegration of the bodies of the dead, the situation was criticized by the announcement of the payment of compensation from Russia for the loss of loved ones. To do this, you need to get a certificate from the occupying power. To obtain such a certificate, it is necessary to present the body of the deceased for forensic examination / identification, and only after that it is allowed to bury people. In Mariupol examination is carried out in the Ritual house at the address Nikolskoe (Volodarskoe) highway, 3
Mariupol residents were finally allowed to carry out exhumations and reburials from the yards on their own. People are carrying corpses en masse. Corpses from under the rubble also partially get there. Corpses are literally stored on the street. Locals report that the stench is audible long before the visual approach. Corpses that are identified by numbers (these numbers can be seen on plaques in mass graves). Unrecognized people are photographed and also assigned numbers.
continued 👇
View Quote

https://t.me/andriyshTime/881
Mariupol. Burial of the dead. Continuation
Despite the daily work schedule, the number of corpses is growing every day.
Those Mariupol residents who want to speed up the process are taking the bodies of the dead to Mangush for a similar procedure. For a bribe, from 10 to 25 thousand UAH. collaborators in Mangush quickly give information and then burial in a mass grave in Mangush. Hence its rapid growth.
There is also information about the "deconservation" of the historic cemetery "Necropolis" in the Central district of Mariupol. We add coordinates for the possibility of obtaining and verifying through cellular images.
In addition, there is information about the mass supply of chlorine to Mariupol for baptism in mass graves, possibly for sanitary purposes or simply the rapid destruction of the consequences of war crimes.
As a result, the occupiers literally continue to turn the city into a cemetery.
Rage. Just angry.
View Quote

https://t.me/andriyshTime/888
Mariupol. How propaganda "hides" traces.
For what I adore growing propaganda - for the rules, as it does not sound wild. This is the rule, if Ukraine and the world community start telling the truth out loud - release the kraken of refutation. This is my favorite part. Because they always manage not to refute, but to confirm in "antifakes". Here's another - mass graves. In a quest to refute, they showed everything to the cemetery in the Old Crimea. You can see for yourself this horror. The commentator himself will tell about the goal to those who can hear. But of interest:
⚡️There are no coffins in Mariupol. For technical reasons. Therefore, everything in the video. - exactly specially transported and placed for the "picture".
⚡️At 1:52 minutes - pay attention to the upper right quarter. In the background you can see the newly prepared ditches.
As a result, we thank the propaganda for confirming the fact.
p.s. purposefully did not erase either the channel or the last name. To make it easy to find the original source for everyone interested
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Anyone know what kind of critters those were towards the end? Looked like beavers with the webbed back feet.

View All Quotes
Russian officer posts video of his unit being attacked, from his captured cellphone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/up3h1k/russian_soldier_of_the_42nd_guards_motor_rifle/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Full video of his conversation and such here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZIspwem2s

Rodent of Unusual Size?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Really interesting thread here. Well worth the read.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Agree wholeheartedly!

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:29:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#37]
In answer to the question on initiating the 155mm howitzer, the Primer.  It is a brass cartridge that looks like a really thick-brass .45 LC blank.  It is inserted by the 1# man in the breach after it closes.  When you see one crewman fiddling around at the back of the gun for a few seconds after the breach closes, odds are he is inserting the primer, charging the trigger mechanism, and hooking the lanyard.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#38]
Originally Posted By YaNi05:

Russia isn't going to win, but I also don't see how Ukraine can take back all of the territory lost. Russians have admitted they're attacking with roughly 1:1 ratio, which certainly isn't enough. I understand that Ukraine has localized numerical superiority in Kharkiv region, which is how they've been successful in pushing to the Russian border, but they will need troops to hold the ground that they take. So for every inch of ground captured, some amount of forces will need to remain there. And they will need to keep sizeable blocking forces in some of the key areas(like Belgorod and Odesa) just to make sure Russia doesn't go full retard and try their luck.

I see this going well into 2023, unless somehow Ukraine and Russia come to some kind of stalemate/ceasefire ala 38th parallel, which Zelinsky has stated as completely unacceptable.
View Quote

Ukraine does not need to garrison recaptured Ukrainian territory.  Even if they push into Russian territory in a significant way, it will probably be just to within artillery range of Russian supply lines and staging areas.  Threatening supply to forces in Ukraine is their goal, not holding Russian territory per se.
Now, if they actually tried to capture Belgorod that’s a different story.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#39]

I have no problem with negotiation, as long as it begins with Russia pulling back to the pre Feb 24th borders.  Then they can negotiate the repatriation of Ukrainian citizens and they can negotiate the dollar amount of reparations Russia owes Ukraine.  After that the world can negotiate the lifting of sanctions.  

I ran across a blurb yesterday that said Ukraine is getting ready to mobilize and train one million men to fight.  They are NOT backing down, and they shouldn't.  

One of those Ukrainian rock bands needs to do a cover of the Beastie Boys No Sleep Til Brooklyn....

NO....SLEEP.....TIL MOSCOW!
View Quote

Not the pre Feb 24 borders, the borders when the agreement was signed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:40:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#40]
Some more cannon cockers.

So a question.  How is the powder ignited?  They load the shell, then the charge, what sets it off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J5VZ91M4dc
View Quote

There is revolving cylinder with M82 primers
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By kbi:

Ahhh

View All Quotes

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!

Ahhh

They won't do that again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By triode:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By triode:

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!

Ahhh

Soooo, do we tally those as Damaged, Destroyed or Sunk?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Holy shit they got fucking dunked on
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:56:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#44]
After this is over the Ukrainians are going to be selling a bunch of refurbished flood damaged tanks.

I would love to see a video of the crews trying to get out. I expect the engine stopped and water was leaking in all over the place.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#45]

damnson.gif
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Ukraine does not need to garrison recaptured Ukrainian territory.  Even if they push into Russian territory in a significant way, it will probably be just to within artillery range of Russian supply lines and staging areas.  Threatening supply to forces in Ukraine is their goal, not holding Russian territory per se.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By YaNi05:

The inspiration here should be Israel crossing the Suez in 73. You can take territory just to make trouble, upset your enemy, and strengthen your post war negotiation position
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Not the pre Feb 24 borders, the borders when the agreement was signed.
View Quote

The Budapest Memorandum borders. Which Russia will never accept (willingly) and which Ukraine will be demanding.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Why don't we just round up the Russians, heck maybe the Japanese and Africans in our country and put them in camps?

I"m sitting this very minute in a CMP/Army Marksmanship Unit training class and shooting a service rifle match tomorrow with my 18 year old "genetically" Russian step-son next to me.  He's as "western" as any one around.  "Genes" aren't destiny.  Culture, community matter.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

I was about to post this.
when people come to understand that while there are brilliantly minded Russians out there, for the most part they are genetically not like Western Europeans. they are not normal.

Why don't we just round up the Russians, heck maybe the Japanese and Africans in our country and put them in camps?

I"m sitting this very minute in a CMP/Army Marksmanship Unit training class and shooting a service rifle match tomorrow with my 18 year old "genetically" Russian step-son next to me.  He's as "western" as any one around.  "Genes" aren't destiny.  Culture, community matter.

Agreed, take away the mafia mentality brainwashing the Russians go though and Russia would be a great country with very intelligent people

The genetic differences between Russians, Ukrainians and Europeans are at most miniscule
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Damn. War is hell
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 5582
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1946 of 5582)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top