Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/5/2019 8:12:00 AM EDT
I posed the question in the end of the 18' thread but got no reply. Is there going to be a 2019 transformation thread?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
This is it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if people are in, I'm down. Let's go!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m in too.  Gonna be the big 5-0 at end of the year.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to get some more folks in on this. I'd like to have enough people to be able to vote at the end of the year and I'll give away a Pmag or something.

We'll see if we can't get more folks and tack the thread.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Just discovered the self defense/fitness forum.  I’m in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll see what I can do. Between school, work, and GF, it'll be tough to stay on top of getting fit. But, I have made a start. Hopefully I can keep it up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm down 15lbs and ~2-3" over 2 months time.

Resumed my work out routine that I had taken a break from, only drinking water (previously sodas were regular), eliminated snack food and sweets, and just generally eating smarter.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#9]
In
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I just went through hunting season, so I'll take a rest .... But thank you
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds great everyone, let's do this. As I stated, I'll throw in a Pmag for whoever wins the vote. (If anyone has ideas for more than one award/categories etc speak up, could certainly do that as well.)

So long as you're comfortable with it, let's upload our "before" pics. I will plan to have mine up tomorrow. I've been working out for a few years, but it's been mostly eating garbage and lifting heavy. I'm looking to reduce body fat and improve endurance while maintaining strength. Nutrition will be my big challenge.

How about everyone else?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

Post workout weight 263 lbs. 32 years old.

Doing a diet break to see if I can kick start weight loss again. I went from 300 to 260, then stayed between 260-263 for a month eating the same.

Goal is to get to 225 and build cardio base/conditioning and get all my lifts up. At 225 I can look and see where I am and proceed from there.

Lifts:
Deadlifts 225x5 (rep PR, 255 was weight PR, several months ago. Went to 5/3/1 after that and building back up)
Squats 225x1, not there with progression, but not far, so a "see if I can get it" thing.
Bench 185x2 PR both weight and reps
OHP 95x5 (bad form PR is 120, good form is 110)

I'm on IG at @losethedadbod if y'all want to follow along.

EDIT: forgot to upload my fatass picture.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/227739/20190107_070152_jpg-799371.JPG

Post workout weight 263 lbs. 32 years old.

Doing a diet break to see if I can kick start weight loss again. I went from 300 to 260, then stayed between 260-263 for a month eating the same.

Goal is to get to 225 and build cardio base/conditioning and get all my lifts up. At 225 I can look and see where I am and proceed from there.

Lifts:
Deadlifts 225x5 (rep PR, 255 was weight PR, several months ago. Went to 5/3/1 after that and building back up)
Squats 225x1, not there with progression, but not far, so a "see if I can get it" thing.
Bench 185x2 PR both weight and reps
OHP 95x5 (bad form PR is 120, good form is 110)

I'm on IG at @losethedadbod if y'all want to follow along.

EDIT: forgot to upload my fatass picture.
View Quote
Sounds like you're already moving forward! Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Okay, here goes.

Current Weight: 206 lbs of Mcfattfluff.

Goals:

I would like to be below 18% body fat. Looking to maintain strength at the least, but could really use to improve OHP and bench. Deads are around 500lbs and squat in the 300s, but will continue to build on them. All of this will be balanced with my commitment to the 1k mi/yr running goal I've committed to. Gonna get rid of this dad belly. I've made a big turnaround over the past year, but I have to commit to nutrition to seal the deal.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in but for different reasons.

I'll just put this one up from the 1st.  Me at 169 lbs.

Goal is to put more muscle on while losing my live handles and back fat.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Heavy 6 checking in. Working on becoming a lean green frighting machine again.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell, why not. I'll try to get some pics up, but here are my stats:
6'4"
325 pounds (okay, I'm actually at 319 yesterday after playing with a new plan for a few days, which I'm about to make a new thread about.)
33 years old
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:32:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tacked and made official.
View Quote
Thanks D_J.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Just thought I would check in with everyone to see how it's going.

I have had my own home gym for about a year now with a squat rack and plenty of iron and bumpers, and even got myself a steal on a Concept 2 rower. But recently my wife's company's gym became available. I'll tell ya, the ability to get up early and work out at home but then later use other amenities such as the pool, sauna, and some of their machines is really nice. The main benefit right now is their cardio machines since I haven't been able to run since last week after damaging my foot on an 8-miler.

So how's everyone else doing?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I’m in.  I’ll get some pictures up later with username, date, etc.

I’m also down to donate something to the winner.  Let me dig through the gun room and see what I have to give to the cause.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So how's everyone else doing?
View Quote
I’m starving and New Years cardio fans are still doing calisthenics in the squat rack.

I’m in for a pmag to the winner.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm starving and New Years cardio fans are still doing calisthenics in the squat rack.

I'm in for a pmag to the winner.
View Quote
I know what you mean. I've been spoiled not having to deal with other people in my home gym. But the game remains the same; podcast/audiobook/music and get it done.

Appreciate your pitching in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Ill throw in a PMAG as well, I thought I mentioned it but I may have thought it and not said it.

I'm enjoying the diet break but Sunday I'm back at it, and Sunday starts a deload week. Active recovery and light weights, I have my math set for the next cycle, and then hitting it hard!
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in.  Although I started right around October.

Basic stats:  Starting weight ~230#, current weight as of January 12th, 215#.

Goals for 2019: End the year at ~ 215#, but with a six-pack and a more muscular, athletic look.  I've always had a very difficult time putting on muscle.  My arms have always been about 14" flexed, I would like to end the year closer to 15.5"-16".  I'm currently up to 14.5".

I've also had a rotator cuff injury that hasn't healed from when I was 19 or 20.  I'm 40 now, and everytime I try to get in shape the pain from the injury returns and sidelines me.  I'm currently working on strengthening my shoulders and it's been more pain free than anytime I can remember in the last 20 years.

Additionally, I would like to do an OCR of some sort.

I've spent the last 3 months in a slight caloric deficit, while doing strength and cardio work.  I'm going to spend the next 3 months working on gaining muscle, and then work on cutting/conditioning in starting in April.

Here's October.  I didn't weigh myself until November, when I had been working out for 4-5 weeks.  In November I weighed in at almost 230#, so I was likely a few over that here in October.

January 12th.  Down to 215#.  I've added almost 3" to my chest measurement and about 1/2" to my arms while in a caloric deficit.

Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Welcome @itgoesboom ! You've made some great progress already.

I myself am having no problem working out, just have to work on nutrition. I am giving myself no option like I used to. I am always all-or-nothing with diet, so I can't afford to let myself cheat. Just gonna take discipline.

How's everyone else doing? Accomplishments? Struggles?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Pulled 275 on a deadlift this week, and a 235x5 same day.

Tomorrow ends the diet break, and goes into deload week.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#29]
No pics.. down to 196 (started my journey Christmas break at 206).

Only 8 oz of coke in the last 2 weeks, caffeine withdrawal gone.  Starting power yoga, and I've been doing walk / jogs for 30 mins a day.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
When I was eating garbage I was able to break 500 for deads and mid 400s on squats. I loved the progress, but always felt like crap.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No pics.. down to 196 (started my journey Christmas break at 206).

Only 8 oz of coke in the last 2 weeks, caffeine withdrawal gone.  Starting power yoga, and I've been doing walk / jogs for 30 mins a day.
View Quote
What's your nutrition look like?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What's your nutrition look like?
View Quote
My lunch is simple, v8 low sodium, whey protein shake, and then something like nuts and meat.

Then supper is what ever my wife makes.  She OMADs.

Adding in power yoga starting tonight.  Then 30 mins of cardio a day also.

I take fish oil, fiber and a vitamin along with it all. Working on lowering my LDL, got put on a statin, so working to get off of it quickly.  I'm also on TRT.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My lunch is simple, v8 low sodium, whey protein shake, and then something like nuts and meat.

Then supper is what ever my wife makes.  She OMADs.

Adding in power yoga starting tonight.  Then 30 mins of cardio a day also.

I take fish oil, fiber and a vitamin along with it all. Working on lowering my LDL, got put on a statin, so working to get off of it quickly.  I'm also on TRT.
View Quote

I used to do OMAD by default due to work and always liked it. I am experimenting with IF right now with low/no carbs during the meals. I am 24 hrs through my first 48. I'll have steal, eggs, etc tomorrow night and then going another 72 hours. I am looking to see the effect on my workouts and overall performance and then reevaluating from there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I used to do OMAD by default due to work and always liked it. I am experimenting with IF right now with low/no carbs during the meals. I am 24 hrs through my first 48. I'll have steal, eggs, etc tomorrow night and then going another 72 hours. I am looking to see the effect on my workouts and overall performance and then reevaluating from there.
View Quote
When I was in the gym, fasted workouts took a hit.  Not surprising.  I had a lot of issues (which lead to getting on TRT).  I'm not low carb, tonight was beef, peppers and rice. I am probably trace amounts of ketones for a couple of hours then out of it.

I might highest weight measured was 235.  Being 196 and dropping I feel better, trying to get to 170s (college weight).
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When I was in the gym, fasted workouts took a hit.  Not surprising.  I had a lot of issues (which lead to getting on TRT).  I'm not low carb, tonight was beef, peppers and rice. I am probably trace amounts of ketones for a couple of hours then out of it.

I might highest weight measured was 235.  Being 196 and dropping I feel better, trying to get to 170s (college weight).
View Quote
That's the same weight I'd prefer to be at as well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When I was eating garbage I was able to break 500 for deads and mid 400s on squats. I loved the progress, but always felt like crap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm ready to get back on the cut, but I weighed this morning and lost 5.5 lbs on the break. (254.5 now)

I wasn't eating garbage, but wasn't counting calories to the T like I was. Ate big at BBQ restaurant, Chinese, etc. I was probably 5-700 calories over where I was on the cut, but kept same practice, no sodas, energy drinks, and eating at least decent food, most of the time
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok, been a hell of a year.   Tons of drugs “prescribed for cancer crap”, life and blah blah blah.
259 want to get back to 210
I need to get back to my athletic self and away from mass monster.
Changing diet “meal prep” and workout “ regimented”.

Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#38]
I did a 48 hour fast and was forced right into ketosis. It's crazy how great I felt the whole time. I felt like I could have gone 2 days further, which is the next goal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I did a 48 hour fast and was forced right into ketosis. It's crazy how great I felt the whole time. I felt like I could have gone 2 days further, which is the next goal.
View Quote
Are you lifting on any of those days?  Genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#40]
I am doing 5X5 3 days a week, as well as cardio. No effect yet, but I am waiting for it. If so, I am going to be temporarily giving the weight cut priority until a certain point and then switch back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am doing 5X5 3 days a week, as well as cardio. No effect yet, but I am waiting for it. If so, I am going to be temporarily giving the weight cut priority until a certain point and then switch back.
View Quote
Im going to be giving the cut priority as well, so far lifts haven't slowed down but they are noticably getting harder (before the break). I know at some point I will hit a wall with them.

I'm working on another 30 lbs cut and want to see how it effects my lifts!
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Hit a small milestone this weekend, but it's an important one for me.  I've never really been able to put on size on my upper arms.

3 months ago, when I started working out again, my arms were 14" flexed.  They quickly went to 14.5" and there they have remained.  I've been doing tricep and bicep work, and they haven't budged.  Two weeks ago, they were still at 14.5" when I posted my photo in this thread.  I've been adding some calories, and I've changed my workout a bit (including sets, exercises and rest days).  Today they finally went over the 15" mark while cold for the first time.  Still on the small side, but significant improvement for me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Too late to join?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hit a small milestone this weekend, but it's an important one for me.  I've never really been able to put on size on my upper arms.

3 months ago, when I started working out again, my arms were 14" flexed.  They quickly went to 14.5" and there they have remained.  I've been doing tricep and bicep work, and they haven't budged.  Two weeks ago, they were still at 14.5" when I posted my photo in this thread.  I've been adding some calories, and I've changed my workout a bit (including sets, exercises and rest days).  Today they finally went over the 15" mark while cold for the first time.  Still on the small side, but significant improvement for me.  
View Quote
Awesome! Funny to see how small tweaks I'm nutrition can affect things.

I'm down under the 200lb mark for the first time in forever.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Too late to join?
View Quote
@HeyCoach absolutely not! You're welcome to join. Go ahead and post your current situation, goals, and, if comfortable, some pics.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#46]
How's everyone coming along?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Weights progressing nicely.  Bumping up cardio this week and attempting to be more disciplined regarding nutrition.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Trying to lose the last of my lower belly/love handles/back fat!  It is really hard to do!   Lifting weights still while doing a HIIT workout a couple of times a week.  I cut my calories back a little further to speed up the process.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How's everyone coming along?
View Quote
Missed the gym this morning and feel out of routine, but going Saturday morning to make up for it. That works better as it's a cardio day and I have more time to push it.

Still working on getting nutrition in check, working up some ideas for "power bowls" meal prep. Probably going to make them for lunch next week, and track calories and macros and watch performance in the gym.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#50]
My nutrition has been ~70% on track. I need to quit having garbage days where I spank off knowing I'll pick right back up the next day. I always do, but the garbage days are better worth it and do nothing to achieve goals.

"Sugar-coated lies."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top