Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2018 11:02:22 PM EDT
Seems like BP has also buckled at the knees, and to the best of my knowledge, there was no demand
or howls of righteous indignation and anger from the leftist, "progressive", gun grabbing community...
BP simply took it upon themselves to go down this route.

Details are still coming in, but what basically happened is that GOAL ('Gun Owners Action League', and the 'Massachusetts
Women Gun Owners'), were sponsoring a 'First Annual Concealed Carry Fashion Show at the Bass Pro Shops at their
Foxboro store.

https://www.shop.goal.org/product.sc;jsessionid=DDCACF6EF4F366D483B4E59C72A026E5.p3plqscsfapp004?productId=169

http://www.massreloading.com/docs/CCW-Fashion-Show-Flyer.pdf

The event was meant to be part fundraiser, part educational, part just having a good time.

It was first announced on 01/19/18, and to be held on 03/09/18.

Suddenly, BP gets cold feet and pulls the rug out from underneath us... less than two days away, and no
explanation other than "due to unforeseen circumstances", "postpones" the event (this is from corporate,
not local).

Yeah, I realize that there's not much love here for MA and it's liberal bullshit, but a lot of genuine, hard working
'trapped behind enemy lines',  2'ndA people put lot of work into this, only to get fucked for it.
But, since this is a corporate decision, we can expect this kind of reaction elsewhere.

Time to light up their switchboards

Ed Cuthbertson
General Manager
[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Live chat...
https://basspro.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/session/L3RpbWUvMTUyMDQ3Nzg0OC9zaWQvUngyREQzSG4%3D

FaceBook...

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=bass%20pro%20shops

Further discussion here... Bass Pro Cancelled!!!! CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I Co-Chair our local Friends of NRA dinner - the venue we hold it in backed out tonight.

Sad times. I no longer recognize the country I grew up in
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Not the time to back down ! Keep up the fight, put pressure on these business, let them know what their shareholders will lose !
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I Co-Chair our local Friends of NRA dinner - the venue we hold it in backed out tonight.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Perfectly fine.

Just so long as you keep baking those gay wedding cakes.

Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I sent an email through their contact us feature. Basically I called them on their commitment to local organizations and community and stated this move is something I would expect from a company like REI. I also stated that they caved to people who wouldn't shop at their store and that I'll make the drive to Kittery Trading Post instead.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Law suit.  The cake is clear precedent
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I would love to see them breakdown of money spent at their brick and mortar stores plus online sales between anti gunners vs pro 2 A.
They might very well see that they are making decisions based on emotion vs business.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, Bass Pro and Cabelas can now eat a dick.  Fuck them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Law suit.  The cake is clear precedent
View Quote
Only if it was a "gay NRA chapter".   Maybe a pedophile chapter would be welcome also.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would love to see them breakdown of money spent at their brick and mortar stores plus online sales between anti gunners vs pro 2 A.
They might very well see that they are making decisions based on emotion vs business.
View Quote
There is a big difference in the different factions of pro 2A.  The trap shooter may think nobody needs a pistol and CCW is a bad idea.  The turkey hunter may think AR15's are too much firepower for civilians to handle.

Bass Pro and Cabelas are first and foremost hunting gear suppliers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I keep saying that behavior like this is a precursor to civil war.  It certainly shows and portends very UNCIVIL discourse and treatment of gun owners and anything associated with them.

It is most certainly being guided with big money pressure from statist/Marxist/communist billionaires, who have a common goal of being in control.

Tobacco, salt, soft drinks, etc. were all conditioning runs for this sort of process.  The process of isolation of the subject was refined and also the population was lulled into believing that an object (product) is responsible for the ills of mankind, not the way the individual used it.

Those of us who believe that the individual is responsible are the ideological and religious ENEMY of the former type of person.

Those other people have a fervent belief that THEY ARE NOT AT FAULT FOR ANYTHING THAT IS WRONG THEIR LIVES.

We come along, point a finger at them and tell them they are.

It is no wonder they want to eradicate us.  Regardless of how CORRECT we are, they will always see us as attacking them and their most closely held belief.  That belief that....they are never wrong about anything.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#12]
BP around here is a joke.
Overpriced product, dumbass staff. Have not been in five years. Don't know how they stay in business with that business model.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#13]
MIDWAY USA all the way
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#14]
FBP
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Just like Dick's, BP is too damn expensive. I quit shopping there years ago.

FD
FBP
FBHO
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
MIDWAY USA all the way
View Quote
Midway and Brownells!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not the time to back down ! Keep up the fight, put pressure on these business, let them know what their shareholders will lose !
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#18]
If Trump doesn't pay for fucking the NRA it's AWB time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll spend my points and cancel my Cabela's Visa thereafter.

Mofo's.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm starting to wonder if the banks are putting pressure on businesses.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry, but just now starting to wonder?
This has been going on for at least a few years now.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
That and email campaigns from leftist bot farms... Think an arfcom firemisson on steroids. I wouldn't be surprised to see them just taking random name/address data and using it; Its not like anyone will check.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#23]
A lot to people foresaw Cabala's fate when Bass Pro bought them out. Now for the downward spiral and crash.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#24]
BP sucks anyway!

I’ll spend my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
If that's not a blatant slap in the face I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Correcting my original statement

No one knows what these circumstances were.  BP is still good in my book.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Wow, and gun owners wonder why they're dwindling...

Did BP stop firearms sales to under 21?
Did BP stop selling ARs?
Has BP made a statement supporting gun control?
Has cabela's done any of the same things?

A single BP pulled out of having one event (which is a manager decision, not HQ) in a very gun-unfriendly state, and it's FBP and FC?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like a letter from a lawyer is at least in order.

The cake case said that a business has to provide service for all, after all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Name the venue so we can tear them a new asshole.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A lot to people foresaw Cabala's fate when Bass Pro bought them out. Now for the downward spiral and crash.
View Quote
They are already gutting the Cabela's HQ's in Sidney, NE.  Moving everything to Missouri and the real estate market in Sidney is now ruined.  Sad deal...
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Send a letter to Johnny Morris at their main store address.  He will respond with a handwritten letter.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, fuck them.

Done with this shit, local shops get ALL my business now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Corporate decision not "local store manager".

our side needs to be unified and prepared to win hearts & minds.  Fight fire with Fire.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Now is the time for public reprisals.
Any of these businesses that back out or do not support need to be responded to with a negative media blitz.
They are virtue signaling and they have to learn that goes both ways.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wow, and gun owners wonder why they're dwindling...

Did BP stop firearms sales to under 21?
Did BP stop selling ARs?
Has BP made a statement supporting gun control?
Has cabela's done any of the same things?

A single BP pulled out of having one event (which is a manager decision, not HQ) in a very gun-unfriendly state, and it's FBP and FC?
View Quote
GOAL says otherwise, and they wouldn't have posted that without reliable information
or confirmation...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

GOAL says otherwise, and they wouldn't have posted that without reliable information
or confirmation...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24334/GOAL-475361.JPG
View Quote
well shit
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Fuck Bass Pro.

I'm terrified of what they'll do to Cabela's.  I won't buy guns there, but I buy reloading stuff there constantly.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Bass Pro has always sucked.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Not surprised. I think most of us knew this was coming.

Who’s next?

Or maybe the question is who’s left?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They are already gutting the Cabela's HQ's in Sidney, NE.  Moving everything to Missouri and the real estate market in Sidney is now ruined.  Sad deal...
View Quote
After watching the little town in the middle of nowhere grow over 20 years that really sucks.

When we first started going out there in Boy Scouts it was Arby's, something else (maybe a Subway or Mcdonalds I always went to Arby's since we didn't have one at home) and Cabelas there by the interstate.  It really grew around there over the years.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow it's happening
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Did GOAL put time and money into this event?  If so they need to talk to a lawyer about recouping their expenses from BP for canceling on such short notice.

My guess is the manager got a call or email from a representative of one of the grabber groups telling him they will stage a protest at the store if they don't cancel the event.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#43]
This shit is getting out of hand. There is a full court press against the 2A and NRA.

Hopefully this wakes up the fudds.

Also, I am sad Bass Schmoe bought Cabelas,
I got a lot of good deals on used guns there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Here's probably part of it.  Fuck BPS and Cabelas as far as I'm concerned.

Johnny Morris with Sandy Hook Families
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Did GOAL put time and money into this event?  If so they need to talk to a lawyer about recouping their expenses from BP for canceling on such short notice.

My guess is the manager got a call or email from a representative of one of the grabber groups telling him they will stage a protest at the store if they don't cancel the event.
View Quote
My guess is the local manager is hiding behind corporate because he doesn't have the guts to say it is his choice. Most of these chicken shit fuckers don't have the balls to admit this shit, or go after the guns themselves..
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
What did Cabelas do?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Midway and Brownells!!!  Forget all the rest of those overpriced Yuppy shops.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#48]
They didn't cave to a national outcry.  

They are caving to someone in power with money.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sadly this.  The local store employees have been less than thrilled with internal policies implemented by bass pro.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What did Cabelas do?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did Cabelas do?
Owned by Bass Pro.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top