Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2020 10:24:27 PM EDT
Really annoying when I ask a question or something and I have to dig through the forums later to find my post and see if anyone replied. Or I forget about it.

In fact, this very topic is probably going to be forgotten about in a few days and I'll never get to find out if they plan to add "Notify user when someone quotes you" functionality.

Anyways many forums I've been on notify a poster when someone replies or quotes them. This is the only forum I frequent that doesn't notify.

I know using the @ command notifies the user. I just want the same function if someone simply quotes so the guy who was quoted knows that someone replied to his post so he can look at the response and maybe reply back.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Really annoying when I ask a question or something and I have to dig through the forums later to find my post and see if anyone replied. Or I forget about it.

In fact, this very topic is probably going to be forgotten about in a few days and I'll never get to find out if they plan to add "Notify user when someone quotes you" functionality.

Anyways many forums I've been on notify a poster when someone replies or quotes them. This is the only forum I frequent that doesn't notify.

View Quote

Testing 1-2-3...
Click on that little envelope icon and look at “mentions”
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Testing 1-2-3...
Click on that little envelope icon and look at "mentions"
View Quote
Nothing. Incidentally I DO have mentions from a topic I made on this subject about 2 years ago.

Mentions are only if someone @'s you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top