Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2023 9:20:48 PM EDT
Is there a good, non-woke, auto insurance company?  I need to shop for new auto insurance.  Been with State Farm for 30+ years but it's time to go elsewhere.  Suggestions?  Apologies if this it not the correct forum for my question.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
My insurance is through AAA. No woke nonsense that I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Tesla insurance and am happy with it
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is there a good, non-woke, auto insurance company?  I need to shop for new auto insurance.  Been with State Farm for 30+ years but it's time to go elsewhere.  Suggestions?  Apologies if this it not the correct forum for my question.
View Quote

State Farm insures all my class 3 stuff, why are they now "woke"?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#6]
AMICA for 30 years... auto-motorcycle, home, umbrella.
Great service (have used) and regional offices. No home or strip mall bullshit. Everything is online anyway so it just works.

Worth a few minutes of your time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say State Farm is "woke".  I don't know if they are or not.  They keep raising our rates and the service we've received the last couple of years hasn't been nearly as good as it used to be.  I want to shop around and I don't want to do business with a woke, lib-tard company so I'm looking for options.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies.  I'll check out a couple of the companies mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I didn't say State Farm is "woke".  I don't know if they are or not.  They keep raising our rates and the service we've received the last couple of years hasn't been nearly as good as it used to be.  I want to shop around and I don't want to do business with a woke, lib-tard company so I'm looking for options.
View Quote

Everyone raised/raises rates. Especially now. They raised me $120/6mo just now on my EV6 GT. So about $20/mo. That said, State Farm was one of the few who CUT rates during COVID because less people drove/less wrecks/less payouts. I always used to shop State Farm against Allstate. I don't buy shit insurance like Progressive or whatever, regardless of their backers/values, because it just sucks. So whatever you do, make sure you get good coverage and not just virtue signal type companies or a company with great rates and trash coverage.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Everyone raised/raises rates. Especially now. They raised me $120/6mo just now on my EV6 GT. So about $20/mo. That said, State Farm was one of the few who CUT rates during COVID because less people drove/less wrecks/less payouts. I always used to shop State Farm against Allstate. I don't buy shit insurance like Progressive or whatever, regardless of their backers/values, because it just sucks. So whatever you do, make sure you get good coverage and not just virtue signal type companies or a company with great rates and trash coverage.
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

31 years of everything with State Farm and am in the process of dumping them.
In the past year, car rates went up 30% for no reason. New billing system is a cluster f*ck. Customer service is worse than calling India, people working at home with smoke detector beeping in the background and flat out admit my bill is wrong but refuse to correct it.
On top of all that had a deer run into my car, took two months to get claim approved before body shop could even start.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

In the past year, car rates went up 30% for no reason. New billing system is a cluster f*ck. Customer service is worse than calling India, people working at home with smoke detector beeping in the background and flat out admit my bill is wrong but refuse to correct it.
On top of all that had a deer run into my car, took two months to get claim approved before body shop could even start.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Everyone raised/raises rates. Especially now. They raised me $120/6mo just now on my EV6 GT. So about $20/mo. That said, State Farm was one of the few who CUT rates during COVID because less people drove/less wrecks/less payouts. I always used to shop State Farm against Allstate. I don't buy shit insurance like Progressive or whatever, regardless of their backers/values, because it just sucks. So whatever you do, make sure you get good coverage and not just virtue signal type companies or a company with great rates and trash coverage.

We just had State Farm vacillate for more than a month on whether to total or fix a 2016 Hyundai.  The shop only took 10 days to fix it, I drove a rental for about 2 months.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Everyone is raising rates. Not sure why this is new to anyone. It's called garbage economy, higher labor cost, higher parts cost, and inflation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Stay away from LM/Safeco.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a local rep problem.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local rep doesn't handle any of that, a claim you can't even get a live person at corp that knows anything.
Just use our app is always the answer.
They outsource claims adjuster to a 3rd party that can't help with anything related to State Farm and has no access to any info State Farm has so you have to do everything twice.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Local rep doesn't handle any of that, a claim you can't even get a live person at corp that knows anything.
They outsource claims adjuster to a 3rd party that can't help with anything related to State Farm and has no access to any info State Farm has so you have to do everything twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  31 years of everything with State Farm and am in the process of dumping them.

Yep.  They don't update the info in their app, either.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup.  Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Great service (have used) and regional offices. No home or strip mall bullshit. Everything is online anyway so it just works.

View Quote

AMICA declined to insure the house I was buying in GA because I own a MG in Alaska.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting. I iust call my rep and its handled. Hell, I filed a claim over facebook once, lol! I dont even have "an app". I deal in phone, email, or in person with my local office.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Everyone is raising rates. Not sure why this is new to anyone. It's called garbage economy, higher labor cost, higher parts cost, and inflation.
View Quote

This but it still doesn't hurt to shop.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

AMICA declined to insure the house I was buying in GA because I own a MG in Alaska.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They insure my guns but I didn't ask about a MG.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They insure my guns but I didn't ask about a MG.
View Quote

State Farm has no issues with my SBR's, SBS's or cans...
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I use Farm Bureau.  More of a rural company.  Haven't seen any signs of woke BS from them.
View Quote

have had farm bureau for 15-20 years. really liked them but man this last year they've really started to suck. hit both  my house and autos up 40 & 27% and i've had zero claims in the last 7 years. thinking about switching as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go find another agent.  Agents are the front line of the insurance company, and if you're not happy, find another.
My previous two agents retired, and the one that took over their clients sucked.
I dumped him and found another closer to home, who is fantastic.  They might not be able to do a whole lot with rates, but with service, they can.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Go find another agent.  Agents are the front line of the insurance company, and if you're not happy, find another.
My previous two agents retired, and the one that took over their clients sucked.
I dumped him and found another closer to home, who is fantastic.  They might not be able to do a whole lot with rates, but with service, they can.
View Quote
@jmt1991
Good point.  That's probably what I need to do.  I have similar issue - my old State Farm agent retired (he was excellent!) and the guy that took over his clients is terrible.  All the original staff left and the new staff is close to useless.  This on top of huge rate hikes even though we have no tickets or accidents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top