Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2021 9:04:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm stopping tomorrow around lunch and picking it up for PS4.  Haven't played anything in a few months and I'm looking forward to a binge this weekend.

I played Automata first then tried Nier on PS3 and the gameplay was pretty bad compared to Automata.  I hope they've done something to spice up those side quests.

One thing I really hope they don't do it ruin the platinum like they did for Automata (able to farm gold and just buy it).
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I loved Automata, so I'm really leaning into getting this one... greenman has the Steam preorder on sale for like 20% off so its tempting.

I already have my preorder for Resident Evil Village, so I have about two weeks to fill before it comes out...
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I loved Automata, so I'm really leaning into getting this one... greenman has the Steam preorder on sale for like 20% off so its tempting.

I already have my preorder for Resident Evil Village, so I have about two weeks to fill before it comes out...
View Quote

If you liked Automata, you'll love NieR Replicant.

It's a remake of the original and the original was great.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I said fook it and fent, bought it through greenman and got the code this morning. Just waiting for it to unlock on Steam now...
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have an nvidia card, make sure you go in and lock it to 60 fps, google search it.  Issue with unlimited FPS right now causing game to go into super hyperspeed mode.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have an nvidia card, make sure you go in and lock it to 60 fps, google search it.  Issue with unlimited FPS right now causing game to go into super hyperspeed mode.
View Quote

I do have an nVidia card (2080TI) so I followed the recommended procedure and locked it to 60fps.

I've played it a bit today and it really has shades of Automata to it, although I miss the charm of the robot enemies. I also now "get" why one of the cosmetic options for your pods in Automata was a book.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I just hit the end of part 1 today.

No crashes, no real glitches (outside of the FPS thing that I'd never have noticed if people didn't point it out, and how the shooting magic always hits low from the reticle).

So far it doesn't have the charm of Automata for me, it feels very generic. It definitely feels like something that was later refined and improved upon to make Automata.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Nier Replicant - Punished For Being a Pervert (Daredevil)

Fun little Easter Egg that includes a trophy. Watch the whole thing
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm at the end of playthrough C, trying to wrap everything up before I finish.  I have to say, after the first playthrough you're pretty OP.

Gotta grow a Lunar Tear and fully upgrade 33 weapons, done 15 so far.  Some of the required materials are pretty rough, specifically metal piercings and subdued bracelets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top