Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2021 6:59:05 AM EDT
It will be interesting to see how he is judged against the bigger guys at the Olympia.  

Nick Walker
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#1]
He is disgusting
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He is disgusting
View Quote

Well if I was to nitpick his veins in his legs are crazy and compared to other world class body builders his chest is a little under developed.  He clearly has the best abs among world class body builders though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, only 5-7.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wow, only 5-7.
View Quote

Yep and about 240-250 lbs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Guy from the tiny little gym in my hometown won the Arnold Classic a couple of years ago. I only half ass even go to the gym but the last time I went in there I noticed Arnold's poster had been taken down. Friend of mine who owns the gym took it down after his remarks about our freedom.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Guy from the tiny little gym in my hometown won the Arnold Classic a couple of years ago. I only half ass even go to the gym but the last time I went in there I noticed Arnold's poster had been taken down. Friend of mine who owns the gym took it down after his remarks about our freedom.
View Quote

Huge backlash in the body building community over that.  Major sponsors dropped out of the classic.  It's good to see...
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Body by Modern Chemistry.

No amount of Whey protein supplements are going to do that to a human body.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Creatine bro.  Shit's amazing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow, only 5-7.
View Quote

Just think about the time that saves him in the gym not having to move weights as far as a full grown adult.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Bodybuilders are going to start getting smaller. They've realized that the monsters they grew up idolizing died young. There's now a new division called Classic Physique, which is what bodybuilding used to be. The training, diet, and drugs are the same. Only the drug dosages are decreased.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Dude has acne all over his hamstrings.  Must be from using a dirty bench.  Or something.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bodybuilders are going to start getting smaller. They've realized that the monsters they grew up idolizing died young. There's now a new division called Classic Physique, which is what bodybuilding used to be. The training, diet, and drugs are the same. Only the drug dosages are decreased.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

I'm not a bodybuilder, but I've run in those circles. I've seen some pretty genetically gifted dudes say that they're just going to do Classic Physique because they don't want to run the massive dosages to be Ronnie Coleman/Jay Cutler/Phil Heath sized. Those dudes look like shit anyway. The best male physique ever was a prime Frank Zane.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Not a Lance Armstrong fan boy , but LA got booted and blasted for taking EPO and Test.

I suppose this kid and his counterparts are all squeaky clean drug-free genetic mutants? - seems like a huge double standard.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

True, but just doing steroids won't do it either. Dude probably puts in tons of hours in the gym and monitors his diet like no other. But yes, curious to see how big he'd be without the chemistry.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This could be an interesting category.  The dudes in the 90s 2000 were 300+ masses of pure muscle. It was all about size.  Going back to proportions and symmetry would be nice.  And drop the spray on tan for gods sake.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not a Lance Armstrong fan boy , but LA got booted and blasted for taking EPO and Test.

I suppose this kid and his counterparts are all squeaky clean drug-free genetic mutants? - seems like a huge double standard.
View Quote

Yes and no.  One sport specifically says performance enhancing drugs are illegal so if you use them while others are following rules you cheated and have an advantage.   The other sport accepts drug use as part of it so they are all on them so no one has an advantage over the others.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Chemicals or no chemicals, the amount of dedication and discipline required is something most people can't even fathom.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

True, but just doing steroids won't do it either. Dude probably puts in tons of hours in the gym and monitors his diet like no other. But yes, curious to see how big he'd be without the chemistry.
View Quote

Look at pictures of bodybuilders pre-1936 to see how big a genetically gifted human can get without steroids.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Have to know a lot about nutrition and YOUR body to get there….let alone the physical.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck your freedoms
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck your freedoms
View Quote

Nick had nothing to do with that and Arnold didn’t show him respect after he won.  Maybe Nick is a conservative and that is why Arnold left the stage without doing his normal post contest interview.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#23]
People wouldn't listen when I said he would win the Arnold. I keep saying he will easily be in the top 3, or 5 if things don't go completely right at the Olympia. If one or two of the right people were to suddenly drop out of the Olympia, he'd win it. The kid is a true mutant and will be winning the Olympia in the next 3-4 years or less.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This could be an interesting category.  The dudes in the 90s 2000 were 300+ masses of pure muscle. It was all about size.  Going back to proportions and symmetry would be nice.  And drop the spray on tan for gods sake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course it's all about size. Who wants to watch a natural bodybuilding show?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
People wouldn't listen when I said he would win the Arnold. I keep saying he will easily be in the top 3, or 5 if things don't go completely right at the Olympia. If one or two of the right people were to suddenly drop out of the Olympia, he'd win it. The kid is a true mutant and will be winning the Olympia in the next 3-4 years or less.
View Quote

Short men don't win the Olympia.  Franco was an anomaly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not a bodybuilder, but I've run in those circles. I've seen some pretty genetically gifted dudes say that they're just going to do Classic Physique because they don't want to run the massive dosages to be Ronnie Coleman/Jay Cutler/Phil Heath sized. Those dudes look like shit anyway. The best male physique ever was a prime Frank Zane.
View Quote

Classic Physique guys run just as much gear, some even more. It's all down to diet, training, and genetics. Chris Bumstead could easily walk into the Open category and compete with the freaks if he wanted too but his height would mean he would need to come in at 300+ on stage. But I can certainly agree with you that the 70's bodybuilders like Arnold, Zane, Columbu, Nubret, Corney, Draper and so on had the best builds. After that the race to become a mutant killed it for me. There was no symmetry and so on, it was just, who can get the biggest.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

and they just talk about how hard they workin.
I have no doubt they put in insane hours and work and time and effort but none of that would equal those results without the chemistry.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Short men don't win the Olympia.  Franco was an anomaly.
View Quote

Ehhhh are you aware how tall the last few open class and 212 Olympia winners are? Flex Lewis is 5'5, Rolly Winkler 5'7....
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ehhhh are you aware how tall the last few open class and 212 Olympia winners are? Flex Lewis is 5'5, Rolly Winkler 5'7....
View Quote

If Ramy comes in great condition then he has too much size for Nick to overcome.  Nick needs others to have a bad day to win the Olympia.  I liked Kai Greene when he won the Arnold, but after he tried to play the size game to win the Olympia he wasn’t as good.

Everyone knows they are on drugs, but what specifically are these guys using?  I hear talk about insulin how does that work?  Same type of insulin like diabetics use?   Let’s not act like the old guys didn’t use drugs either I’m sure they used stuff in Arnold’s day as well.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

and they just talk about how hard they workin.
I have no doubt they put in insane hours and work and time and effort but none of that would equal those results without the chemistry.
View Quote

Sure, but the chemicals wouldn’t get them where they are without everything else either.  The guys at the Arnold and Olympia live for body building.  It is their primary focus every day.  It is their world and takes up 100 percent of their focus.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Just found this a pretty good description of the different categories.  

Competitors in the 212 division cannot be over 5’5” tall. That’s one thing I was unaware of.  

https://fitnessvolt.com/27290/understanding-the-difference/
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let’s not forget the missing ingredient here…. Genetics. The average Joe can take the same gear and put in the same work, the results will probably not be the same. Some people are blessed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If Ramy comes in great condition then he has too much size for Nick to overcome.  Nick needs others to have a bad day to win the Olympia.  I liked Kai Greene when he won the Arnold, but after he tried to play the size game to win the Olympia he wasn’t as good.

Everyone knows they are on drugs, but what specifically are these guys using?  I hear talk about insulin how does that work?  Same type of insulin like diabetics use?   Let’s not act like the old guys didn’t use drugs either I’m sure they used stuff in Arnold’s day as well.
View Quote

Anabolic androgenic steroids, insulin, growth hormone, thyroid hormone, fat burners, diuretics...
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Let’s not forget the missing ingredient here…. Genetics. The average Joe can take the same gear and put in the same work, the results will probably not be the same. Some people are blessed.
View Quote

It's not just genetics of how much muscle you have or can gain, it's also how well you respond to the drugs.

IIRC, Nick looked like crap as a natural and blew up after getting on gear. Other guys can look great natural and not get much bigger no matter what they take. Then there's everything in between and you get Ronnie Coleman or a guy that has no muscle whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#35]
It's impressive how big he got and his condition is good but I don't think it's very aesthetic and the varicose veins are creepy. I don't like the way Big Ramy looks either. Regan Grimes has a better physique IMO.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's impressive how big he got and his condition is good but I don't think it's very aesthetic and the varicose veins are creepy. I don't like the way Big Ramy looks either. Regan Grimes has a better physique IMO.
View Quote

Shaun Rhoden and Cedric McMillan are my favorite physiques in Open, but I don't think that's the way the judges and the category as a whole are going.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Walker is an absolute swolasaurus. The physiques from Arnold’s era don’t hold a candle to today’s competitors.

That said, the move toward more classic physiques is good to see. BB has become a ridiculous parade of freaks that are completely removed from anything that could be considered a healthy lifestyle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#38]
I decided to do some research on drug use in body building.   From the little understanding I gained with the amounts and combination of drugs they are using they have to be getting doctor prescriptions with regular blood work done or they would kill themselves.  Seems like insulin use is especially dangerous and may be one factor for the growth guts we now see.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:34:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

That’s the direction I wish it would take, but it’s not going to happen. Open sells tickets and sponsorships, probably orders of magnitude more than the other classes. People will always want to be the biggest. I agree that classic physique is probably the best display of the human form.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I decided to do some research on drug use in body building.   From the little understanding I gained with the amounts and combination of drugs they are using they have to be getting doctor prescriptions with regular blood work done or they would kill themselves.  Seems like insulin use is especially dangerous and may be one factor for the growth guts we now see.
View Quote

Insulin is only dangerous if you’re a fucking moron. Also, they should be getting bloodwork but those that do are in the minority, and they’re almost surely not getting their gear via prescription.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That’s the direction I wish it would take, but it’s not going to happen. Open sells tickets and sponsorships, probably orders of magnitude more than the other classes. People will always want to be the biggest. I agree that classic physique is probably the best display of the human form.
View Quote

Here is a breakdown of the prize money for different categories.  Open pays $400,000 and classic pays $30,000.  

https://internationalfitnessbodybuildingnewsfeed.org/theres-up-to-1-6-million-in-total-prize-money-at-the-2021-mr-olympia/?amp=1
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Insulin is only dangerous if you’re a fucking moron. Also, they should be getting bloodwork but those that do are in the minority, and they’re almost surely not getting their gear via prescription.
View Quote

Pharm grade testerone, Insulin, Growth hormone, Igf-1. Vet grade equipose, and tren. Chinese under ground lab Masteron, deca, and everything else under the sun.
Spend an hour doing some research you can find all this stuff you just need to have thousands of dollars a month to run it all. Top body builders probalbly get a majority of their stuff for free they get sponsors.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Pharm grade testerone, Insulin, Growth hormone, Igf-1. Vet grade equipose, and tren. Chinese under ground lab Masteron, deca, and everything else under the sun.
Spend an hour doing some research you can find all this stuff you just need to have thousands of dollars a month to run it all. Top body builders probalbly get a majority of their stuff for free they get sponsors.
View Quote

Doesn’t seem wise to combine all that without an experience doctor prescribing it.  Add in the possibility of not getting what you think you are when buying it off the street and it seems like a recipe for disaster.

My opinion is unless you are a world class athlete making a living off of it and being prescribed by a doctor with regular blood work you should stay away from drugs all together.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess next you are going to tell us WWF is fake.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:The best male physique ever was a prime Frank Zane.
View Quote

Before my time but I agree, great symmetry and balance.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Draw your own conclusions.  700mg of Tren Ace a week for advanced!  

https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/steroids-what-pro-bodybuilders-are-really-using

1-10  Testosterone Enanthate, 750mg a week (1000-1200mg advanced)1-10  EQ, 800mg a week (1000mg advanced)
1-10  Tren E, 600mg/week (800mg advanced)
1-8  D-Bol, 50mg every day (up to 100mg advanced)
10-16  100mg Testosterone prop EOD (100mg ED advanced)
10-16  100mg Trenbolone Acetate EOD (75-100mg ED advanced)
10-16  100mg Masteron propionate EOD (100mg ED advanced)
10-16  50mg Winstrol or Anavar ED (sometime I do both)
8-16  Start T3 at 25mcg ED and taper up as needed.
12-16  Halotestin, start at 20mg ED and increase by 10mg every week (not a good choice for those who aren't mentally strong.)
Pharmaceutical GH 6-12 IU ED for the whole cycle (If people can afford more then the sky is the limit. I know guys who've gone up to 30 IU but this is rare.)
Insulin For advanced lifters only! 5-10 IU pre-workout followed by drinking Plazma right away. This is a moderate dosage, a lot of guys are using much more.
When to cut insulin is very individual and depends on conditioning, water retention and the amount of carbs the bodybuilder is eating. It could be run straight through or cut out in the weeks prior to the show and possibly reintroduced later on.
Clenbuterol is on option starting at 6-8 weeks out. Most start low, 20-40mcg.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Doesn’t seem wise to combine all that without an experience doctor prescribing it.  Add in the possibility of not getting what you think you are when buying it off the street and it seems like a recipe for disaster.

My opinion is unless you are a world class athlete making a living off of it and being prescribed by a doctor with regular blood work you should stay away from drugs all together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one really buys from randoms at the gym anymore. These days underground sources have brand names and will pay people to test their gear and report their results. It’s not as trustworthy as pharma but if you buy from a “reputable” source you’re fine. Raw ingredients are cheap and there’s a huge markup either way so the incentive isn’t really there to sell fake or underdosed shit.

From what I hear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#48]
So they don't do drug testing in body building?    
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So they don't do drug testing in body building?    
View Quote

Some organizations do, and rigorously. Zero people watch them because their competitors look like they trained at Auschwitz.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Some interesting responses here... Some accurate, some not so much. Genetics are key, not only to size, but health. Some can tolerate doses required & others just cant. My old boss, at one time held the record for longest steroid sentence... Stories of deca being delivered in 55 gallon drums for processing(filtering & bottling). After prison he put together a team w/ the old crew, but in a legal occupation this time. Did very well for a while, we had some fun... Drs cannot & will not prescribe dosages required. There are cheap chemicals that anyone can purchase to tell you what the compound your holding really is. Just my opinion, worth what you paid for it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top