Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2023 3:32:51 PM EDT
In the video he says they were offered $100 million for the company (60% cash / 40% equity share) and refused it.

I've always enjoyed 'Linus Tech Tips' (which, along with the rest of Linus Media Group, will continue without him at the helm.)

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow on refusing the offer, but don't blame him for not wanting to shoulder the burden when I don't think he is much of a executive/business type.  Like the (faux?) outrage about the warranty on stuff.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
ZDTV was 20 years too early. Linus knows this. This is a great play at a pivotal moment for LMG.

Content aside, it has been cool watching the growth of that company.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
He was a big part of my son getting involved in computers.

Thank you Linus!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow on refusing the offer, but don't blame him for not wanting to shoulder the burden when I don't think he is much of a executive/business type.  Like the (faux?) outrage about the warranty on stuff.
View Quote

I doubt you meant to address that to me.  I'm certainly not blaming him.  In fact, I applaud him for keeping his people intact, and not just taking the money and running.

He did an amazing job helping build a corporate entity that, quite frankly, is much bigger than I knew, or even suspected.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I doubt you meant to address that to me.  I'm certainly not blaming him.  In fact, I applaud him for keeping his people intact, and not just taking the money and running.

He did an amazing job helping build a corporate entity that, quite frankly, is much bigger than I knew, or even suspected.
View Quote

Sorry, meant I don't blame him for not wanting to be the CEO anymore.  Should have explained a bit more
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

IIRC there was a video where he mentioned he had 100 employees working for his company.  They put out several videos daily on multiple media platforms.  He also has quite a bit of merchandise his company sells.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion from last week’s WAN Show.
Why Did Linus Step Down?

complete show. Skip to 1:00:00 for a good discussion
I'm sure you have questions..... - WAN Show May 19, 2023
I'm sure you have questions..... - WAN Show May 19, 2023
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top