Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2018 8:22:14 PM EDT
Hey guys

I’ve been wanting to dip my toes into the water so to speak.  I’ll be heading out with some friends and co-workers for a couple of days of hunting and thought that’d be a great opportunity to try a couple of cigars.  I’ve smoked cigars before but not in a long time and I wouldn’t rank them as quality.

I’ve got a local shop in the next town over and I may stop in on Monday and see what they’ve got.  I’ve been in there before but it was probably at least 15 years ago.  I’m sure they’ll have a wide selection.

Can you ol’ pros give me some recommendations for a nice quality intro choice?  I’m guessing I may want to start with something lighter?   I may grab a few in case someone else wants to enjoy one as well.

Anything else I’ll want to make sure to have, besides a glass of whiskey?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 1:16:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I can’t speak for the lighter cigars, but...

Olivia Melanio Serie V is a phenomenal smoke for the price and highly rated.

CAO Flathead series is very good, their 660 is one of the highest rated 60 ring cigars out there.

Arturo Fuente really makes good stuff across the board.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuente Hemingway series.

Best bang for the buck in terms of cigars.  Great mild to medium blended.

They've been excellent for years and will continue to be excellent.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I’ll check those out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:29:34 AM EDT
[#4]
My go to light profile is a Diamond Crown.

My go to medium to full is a Diamond Crown Julius Caesar.

My go to full bodied is a Diamond Crown Maximus.

I guess you can see where I'm going with this...
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The local shop didn’t have any of the recommendations above so I asked them for a recommendation and I ended up with a CAO Gold.  It was good.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Anything Fuente or Padron will be good...
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuente Hemingway series.

Best bang for the buck in terms of cigars.  Great mild to medium blended.

They've been excellent for years and will continue to be excellent.
View Quote
this is what I started on, and I still smoke, great choice.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're ever in Ohio, or you run across someone that has a box.  Crowned Heads new "Buckeye Land" Ohio exclusive is prettttty tasty.  Nice and mild, with a creamy taste going on with it.

I've smoked 5 so far since I got my first one Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Picked up a Arturo Fuente Hemingway Connecticut  and a CAO flathead 660 today for our annual guys trip. Hope to give them a try if it’s not to cold to be outside.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I have always liked the Montecristo white series... very smooth and creamy...
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 2:53:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Avo Classic is one of my favorite creamy cigars. A Robusto or Corona vitola would fit the bill.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m personally a Drew Estate fan, I love the Undercrown Shade, nice mild-medium smoke. The burn is razor sharp and the construction is solid.

For my friends that are new to cigars, I’ll usually give them an ACID Kuba Kuba. It’s an infused stick with a sugary coating on the cap. Think a very high end flavored cigar. It’s not overwhelming, but it’s pleasant for someone new to the game.

Plus, they both put out plumes of smoke and I love that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top