Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2018 6:45:34 PM EDT
My wife has convinced me to put an offer on a house we are looking to stay in for the next 10+ years and that offer was accepted.

I'm looking to add at least three new TV's to this house when we move in two months.  I'd like the living room to be a 65" 4K TV, an outside TV that would be a cheaper 55" TV that will be in a covered area.  One more 50-55" TV in my bedroom and possibly a 40-50" TV in my office.  All of them will be mounted on a wall with wires hidden by me(I'm a capable electrical engineer).  I do not believe i will have the ability to run Ethernet to these TV's so I will be placing several Ubiquiti AC Access Points throughout the house for wireless access so we should be good for 4K streaming. What all do I need for seamless hand off between access points?  The house one level and 3300 sq/ft so its not gigantic.

I'm also planning on setting up several Sonos Speakers throughout the house for Wireless sound.  I'm thinking about one of their sound bars under the TV in the Main room and then one outside in the screened in porch, and possibly one in the bedroom or office.

I'm curious if this is still a good way to set this all up.  I've always been a wired Ethernet guy but I feel with the AC access points this should be good for 1 to 2 streaming TV's at anytime. We will most likely go with a streaming TV provider instead of a traditional.

So, what TV's do y'all suggest, is Sonos g2g, and do I need 1 or 2 Ubiquiti AP's for this much traffic and square footage?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven’t gone with a Tv yet but probably going with a 65” TCL Roku TV. I ended up with a Netgear Orbi mesh network system and it’s been great so far.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Before you go crazy with access points i would test your wireless speed throughout the house. I was thinking the same as you but found i get the same speed 6” from my router on the main floor as i do at any point in my house, upstairs, basement even out in my back yard 200’ away.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top