Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2018 12:22:45 PM EDT
Going to be Stateside for a bit and havent been smoking anything but Cubans because everything else is freaking crazy expensive unless I buy from the PX and then the selection is VERY limited. So it is cheaper to buy Cubans.

So I was looking for some recommendations. I heard Drew Estate came out with another 2 cigars that are worth checking out, no band but rolled leaf tied?

I had a GTO Trankilo a buddy gifted me it was pretty awesome.

Lemme know. I have a bunch of Liga Privada #9 sitting in my humidor waiting for me, but I was going to spend a few hours in the cigar club and was looking for suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Room 101 Hit n Run 2017 is fantastic.
Room 101 hit n run 2018 (Rip N Dip) is peppery for me, but good.
The T Connecticut is pretty good too.  (Orange band)

Other 2018 releases... Hmm.

I'm traditionally a Fuente guy, the eye of the shark is a 2017 release. But very good. Their 2018 release is only TAA dealers only, the 50th. They're fantastic if you can get them.

Leaf by Esteban ( via Leaf and Bean / leaf by Oscar) is amazing in my opinion.

There is the new Ohio exclusive from DE - buckeye land - which I'm excited to try.

Also the new DE "dogma" is supposedly good.

I haven't seen any but the new MiQ sin compromised is apparently fantastic. But none of my local cigar shops got any at the trade show.

Davidoff has a bunch of late 2017 and 2018 releases.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have really enjoyed the Drew Estate Undercrowns, and La Flor Dominicana La Nox recently.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check them out and report back
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:11:41 AM EDT
[#5]
dbl tap
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a new cigar for the year but possibly new to you is the Casa Cuba by Arturo Fuente, which is a personal favorite of mine.  A nod to the “old world” of cigars and the last cigar project created and completely overseen by Carlos Fuente Senior prior to his passing, it is sometimes overlooked because it intentionally wears its own brand on the boxes and bands and therefore isn’t always easily identifiable as a Fuente product.  If you haven’t tried one it may be something to look forward to.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Regional Sales Manager for the Arturo Fuente Cigar Co.  This really is one of my favorite cigars from our portfolio and I always enjoy turning someone on to it.  If you try it, please share your thoughts!
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a new cigar for the year but possibly new to you is the Casa Cuba by Arturo Fuente, which is a personal favorite of mine.  A nod to the “old world” of cigars and the last cigar project created and completely overseen by Carlos Fuente Senior prior to his passing, it is sometimes overlooked because it intentionally wears its own brand on the boxes and brands and therefore isn’t always easily identifiable as a Fuente product.  If you haven’t tried one it may be something to look forward to.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Regional Sales Manager for the Arturo Fuente Cigar Co.  This really is one of my favorite cigars from our portfolio and I always enjoy turning someone on to it.  If you try it, please share your thoughts!
View Quote
You and I need to talk.

I need a box of short story Maduros, a box of work of art Maduros. Another box of DCPR and probably a box or two of regular DC.

I have 2 boxes of "The Man" coming next month... Already had a half a box from last year's pre release.

And let's not talk about my opus habit.

Yes that is a box of 'blues' sticking out...

Burried in there is:
X3 boxes of Opus Lost City
X2 boxes Oscuro Oro
X1 box EOTS
X1 box of DCPR
X1 box of DC anniversarios
X1 box Opus 20th
X1 box Forbidden X Taurus the bull
X1 box Perfection 4s
2 boxes worth of various sizes of Opus. Love affair, sharks, etc.

And one stick from "the toy box"...
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You and I need to talk.

I need a box of short story Maduros, a box of work of art Maduros. Another box of DCPR and probably a box or two of regular DC.

I have 2 boxes of "The Man" coming next month... Already had a half a box from last year's pre release.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148484/20180918_194053-679121.jpg

Burried in there is:
X2 boxes Oscuro Oro
X1 box EOTS
X1 box of DCPR
X1 box Opus 20th
X1 box Perfection 4s

View Quote
Nice collection of the good stuff there!

As a Fuente fan I am sure you are aware that around the holidays there is a release of some fun stuff.  Hopefully some of what you are looking for just might show up in your area with any luck!
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As a Fuente fan I am sure you are aware that around the holidays there is a release of some fun stuff.  Hopefully some of what you are looking for just might show up in your area with any luck!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and I need to talk.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148484/20180918_194053-679121.jpg

Burried in there is:
X2 boxes Oscuro Oro
X1 box EOTS
X1 box of DCPR
X1 box Opus 20th
X1 box Perfection 4s

Oh, I have alot on order... 2 boxes of maduro short stories, 1 box of regular. 1 box of maduro work of arts.. I'll probably get another box of regular opus to age. Not sure what size yet... And a box of between the lines.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Anything from Arturo Fuente but the normal smoke is Nub including their Cafe series.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Just remember, it is now ok to bring Cubans into the US for personal use.  Just remember if you are over your allowance you may have to pay the duty on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top