BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/29/2020 10:07:44 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had an account there since 2004. I quit going there when Eric sold it and they turned it to shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Next gen?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s working for me right now.

Edit, maybe it just came back up, last posts were from this morning.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: I've had an account there since 2004. I quit going there when Eric sold it and they turned it to shit.
View Quote
I'll take that to mean you didn't notice it was down.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've had an account there since 2004. I quit going there when Eric sold it and they turned it to shit.
View Quote

Yeah, Charter Life Member myself.  Haven't been on there regularly in years.

ETA: Just tried to sign on... Got this message...

This site is currently in maintenance and does not support logins or write actions. Please try again later.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
That was my first frequented gun forum. Then THR. Came to Arfcom to assemble my first AR. All other sites are dead to me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted: It’s working for me right now.
View Quote
What's the most recent thread?  Today at 8:01 AM?  Can you reply to a thread without getting,

The following error occurred
    The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't remember when I quit going there, probably around that time though. A lot of the gun bbs turned to shit. This one isn't far behind.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It started going to shit well before Eric sold it.  The guy is a douchebag.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's the most recent thread?  Today at 8:01 AM?  Can you reply to a thread without getting,

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: It’s working for me right now.

Got this.
This site is currently in maintenance and does not support logins or write actions. Please try again later.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT.

Piss poor moderation will kill a site.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a 2000 account there. Probably only have 500-600 posts there. The cronyism there always was a turn off.
Once got an account warning because I said one of the staff there that had a holster business made substandard holsters. Any one that tried the one I tried, hated it.
I gave away the holster. Have been back there very seldom.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#15]
It used to be a really cool site. Died many years ago.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I cling to the few remaining old-school Internet forums.

The Facebook groups are shit.  There's absolutely no structure.  They're just a continuous, repetitive spew.  Heavily moderated.

Parler has potential, but the format has most of the shortcomings of a Facebook group.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#17]
RussP probably banned Glocktalk from Glocktalk.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted: It used to be a really cool site. Died many years ago.
View Quote
What's the top Glock-friendly forum on the Internet?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Name change to Glock & Dagger Talk.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I couldn’t post earlier but I’ll try again.  Pages seem to turn ok.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had an account there in the late 90's and the owners repeated asshattery drove me off.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

He definitely is.  

So is his boy Russ(Puss).
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I have been a life member there since 2005 I think.  
Haven't been there in years.

Edit:  finally logged in.  Life since 2004.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Joined there in June of 2004 as well.  It was a happening place back then.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted: Name change to Glock & Dagger Talk.
View Quote
As in the Palmetto State Armory PS9 DAGR that was to ship in March?  As in the Dagger for which orders (not pre-orders) were placed over two months ago and still haven't shipped yet?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I cling to the few remaining old-school Internet forums.

The Facebook groups are shit.  There's absolutely no structure.  They're just a continuous, repetitive spew.  Heavily moderated.

Parler has potential, but the format has most of the shortcomings of a Facebook group.
View Quote

The gun groups on MeWe are great.  The ongoing chat is pretty cool and you have regular postings similar to Facebook as well.

And also buy/sell/trade.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#28]
It's working now, but I am always signed in.  I was on earlier this morning and again this afternoon and it worked, but I usually am not on there a very long time so maybe I hit the sweet spots.

I like GT and only spend any time in General Glocking.  However, it has a lot of the "fudd" types who have just bought a Glock, or their first gun, and sometimes ask a lot of basic stuff, which is cool to respond to since they usually want to learn.  Most of those tend to drift away after a bit.  There also are plenty of "Hey look at the Glock I just bought!" and those who have to come on to spread the love of how awesome Glock is and they just went and shot 50 rounds with no malfunctions or some such thing.  The minority are those with real Glock experience and knowledge that can contribute to a good thread.  And of course there are those who like to spread hate if someone says anything negative about a Glock in any way.  

The real advantage of GlockTalk is you will usually hear about the newest Glock offering, change or problem pretty quickly there.  Just yesterday someone posted a photo of the G43X MOS with a factory rail they just got.  I had no use for the 43X but that one kinda turns me on.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Still says maintenance for me.
Not letting me log in.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: I've had an account there since 2004. I quit going there when Eric sold it and they turned it to shit.

No, damn it, I just told you I quit going there!!

Quite a few of the good people there died or left. That was a smaller factor in my leaving.

Eric made another forum after GT went to shit that I enjoyed for awhile, but I can't remember the name right now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was! There were a lot of very knowledgeable people there, back then. Jack, in the reloading group, was one of the best guys I have ever virtually met. He was the last thing that kept me going to that forum and when he died, I quit going back, for the most part.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#32]
GT was my first until i discovered all the retards on ar15.com and then I was at home
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
RussP probably banned Glocktalk from Glocktalk.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck that retarded shit site
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
QFT.
Piss poor moderation will kill a site.
View Quote
Mods, are you listening...?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That was my first frequented gun forum. Then THR. Came to Arfcom to assemble my first AR. All other sites are dead to me.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
GT was my first until i discovered all the retards on ar15.com and then I was at home
View Quote

I was about 17 the first time I found arfcom. That was in the really early days. I couldn't believe people could say "fuck" on this forum without it being automatically censored.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted: It's working now, but I am always signed in.  I was on earlier this morning and again this afternoon and it worked, but I usually am not on there a very long time so maybe I hit the sweet spots.
View Quote
It's "working", but I'd suggest it's "read-only".  Try to reply to a post.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: It's working now, but I am always signed in.  I was on earlier this morning and again this afternoon and it worked, but I usually am not on there a very long time so maybe I hit the sweet spots.

Yes, I see that now.  Hopefully it comes back up.  A little while back the General Glocking forum was getting super spammed right and left and little seemed to be done about it.  Maybe this is addressing that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted: The real advantage of GlockTalk is you will usually hear about the newest Glock offering, change or problem pretty quickly there.  Just yesterday someone posted a photo of the G43X MOS with a factory rail they just got.  I had no use for the 43X but that one kinda turns me on.
View Quote
Let me give you an example of why I like GlockTalk ...

This is one of my GlockTalk threads,

Glock 44X

The "44X" is an aftermarket RMR-cut slide for the G44 (or G19.5).  I've invested a tremendous amount of time in the thread.

Wait for it ... wait for it.

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted: Yes, I see that now.  Hopefully it comes back up.  A little while back the General Glocking forum was getting super spammed right and left and little seemed to be done about it.  Maybe this is addressing that.
View Quote
This is what I think we're looking at.  I'm guessing it didn't go so well.

MEMBERS: Platform Update Going Live Soon

Your new updated site will be going live soon! We are almost at the starting line and are really excited for you to experience the new community platform.

When the migration starts shortly, the site will be put into maintenance read-only mode while the migration is underway until completion. We will post when the process is complete and the site is live. We look forward to your feedback and first impressions in the “Community Feedback: Forum Update Is Live!” post.

I will be here to answer your questions and help you every step of the way. upload_2020-11-28_13-21-45.gif

- Cricket

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It was! There were a lot of very knowledgeable people there, back then. Jack, in the reloading group, was one of the best guys I have ever virtually met. He was the last thing that kept me going to that forum and when he died, I quit going back, for the most part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GeoJack? In CO>

@CenterMass762
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I quit going on there about the time I joined up here.  2008-2009.  The moderators were fucking asswipes.  I'm surprised that place is still exist.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eric turned it to shit himself.

He did everything he could to burn his own site to the ground just to be a spiteful ass. I never understood that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted: I quit going on there about the time I joined up here.  2008-2009.  The moderators were fucking asswipes.  I'm surprised that place is still exist.
View Quote
What would you recommend in terms of a Glock-friendly forum?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What would you recommend in terms of a Glock-friendly forum?
View Quote

The Glock section under the handgun section of this website.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:03:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was on Glocktalk and the same thing happened to me. I built an Ar in 2010 and haven't been back.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#48]
I didn't realize that place was still around.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Top contributors like Wewilly are banned at GT, by Russ... go Russ, kill the host.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted: I was on Glocktalk and the same thing happened to me. I built an Ar in 2010 and haven't been back.
View Quote
 What does an AR build have to do with GlockTalk?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top