Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2022 5:42:15 PM EDT
Spirit and Frontier merging creating a mega ULCC.

All kidding aside, I just heard the news. I’m three months in at one of these companies. I was considering hanging my hat here as I think I’m going to really like it and the QOL aspect has huge advantages. But I’m starting to think about updating my apps at the legacies…
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Juan Brown did a good break down on this story.

Merger! Frontier and Spirit Airlines 7 Feb 2022
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The Continental / Aer Lingus merger was a lot more memorable.  

How is seniority integration going to be handled?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Still too early to tell I think.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It will be interesting to see the carnage of the worst two airlines merging.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Spirit and Frontier merging creating a mega ULCC.

All kidding aside, I just heard the news. I'm three months in at one of these companies. I was considering hanging my hat here as I think I'm going to really like it and the QOL aspect has huge advantages. But I'm starting to think about updating my apps at the legacies
View Quote
I remember sitting in LA talking with a pilot who had been on reserve for four years. Maybe it's better now but...you could join the 40% of your class that bailed and went legacy.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Still too early to tell I think.
View Quote

It was waaaay to early for you to assume that as your final destination. I understand the desire to feel that way, but do yourself a favor and make sure you read, and understand all the small details of each competitors contract.  Hourly rates are just a small part of it. One small rig can make a +30% difference to your pay.  I’m not sure how available comparable W2 pay info is, but you should join all the forums and dig, dig, dig for it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It was waaaay to early for you to assume that as your final destination. I understand the desire to feel that way, but do yourself a favor and make sure you read, and understand all the small details of each competitors contract.  Hourly rates are just a small part of it. One small rig can make a +30% difference to your pay.  I’m not sure how available comparable W2 pay info is, but you should join all the forums and dig, dig, dig for it.
View Quote

Thank you for the advice. I have been doing that. And I feel more so now than ever motivated to move on to a legacy. I think I have the qualification they want, 3500TT and 700 121 PIC from my past regional.

ETA: I was saying it’s too early to tell on how the SLI will happen. A lot of speculation.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thank you for the advice. I have been doing that. And I feel more so now than ever motivated to move on to a legacy. I think I have the qualification they want, 3500TT and 700 121 PIC from my past regional.

ETA: I was saying it’s too early to tell on how the SLI will happen. A lot of speculation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not “in the know” by any stretch, but I strongly suspect that getting rated in the big plane, is what will set you apart.  Be decisive in your #1 and #2 pick, and be aggressive. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’m not “in the know” by any stretch, but I strongly suspect that getting rated in the big plane, is what will set you apart.  Be decisive in your #1 and #2 pick, and be aggressive. Good luck.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It wasn't a secret that both companies are owned by the same holding company. Within the past year, I saw that both companies were doing this: standardized the seat charts, going to a common engine the Pratt, and one station planning to move both airlines terminal operations to the same area by this summer.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It wasn't a secret that both companies are owned by the same holding company. Within the past year, I saw that both companies were doing this: standardized the seat charts, going to a common engine the Pratt, and one station planning to move both airlines terminal operations to the same area by this summer.
View Quote

Indigo *used to* own Spirit, but they sold out their shares in 2013.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Fropit
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Back in 77 when I was going through Tech School at Lowry AFB in CO I was dating the Frontier Chief Pilots daughter.   We met because her mother was from my hometown and I worked for her brothers right before I entered the service.  So they put us in touch.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Back in 77 when I was going through Tech School at Lowry AFB in CO I was dating the Frontier Chief Pilots daughter.   We met because her mother was from my hometown and I worked for her brothers right before I entered the service.  So they put us in touch.
View Quote

Pictures?
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I hear a rumor that the merger was cancelled after they tried to charge each other hidden fees
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fropit
View Quote

Frontit
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Contilingus?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#18]
What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I like Spiritier
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Contilingus?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contilingus?

ConAerLingus, where flying is a pleasurable experience. Shudder of turbulence is proof that you’re doing it right.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#21]
i sused to love frontier! hopefully they dont f it all up (low fares, decent folks working there)...

im amazed they could be profitable at their fares.... flew too and from portland from denver couple years back for like 50$ 1 way...

whats the cost of fuel per seat? anyohne doen the math?
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I like Spiritier
View Quote

most spiritus!?
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah, two shit companies don't make a good one, just one big shittier one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
i sused to love frontier! hopefully they dont f it all up (low fares, decent folks working there)...

im amazed they could be profitable at their fares.... flew too and from portland from denver couple years back for like 50$ 1 way...

whats the cost of fuel per seat? anyohne doen the math?
View Quote

5.13 cents/seat mile total
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 2:09:33 AM EDT
[#25]
So is there going to be a bidding war between Frontier and JetBlue?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So is there going to be a bidding war between Frontier and JetBlue?
View Quote

My SAVE stock hopes so!
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like Spirit rejected JetBlue. I'm sure it's not the end of it though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like two tards having a baby? Does it produce an even more incapable tard or does it produce mega-tard? Not sure which way this goes.

In other news, the tards at my airline just willy-nilly killed a shitload of expensive bees. Top that, Frontirit!
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Like two tards having a baby? Does it produce an even more incapable tard or does it produce mega-tard? Not sure which way this goes.
View Quote

You mean like Delta and PanAm? Or Delta and Northwest?

So confused!

I mean, any Delta pilot posting in this thread should wear a fucking bag over his head over his benefit of RJs fucking 20 years of pilots, or am I fucking wrong?

So, for the people scoring at home too stupid to know, anyone in the Legacy3 or Southwest should STFU about "advancing the profession" or an "industry leading contract" or anything else that's made a pilot anything other than a fucking bricklayer.

Standing by for any questions.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So confused!

I mean, any Delta pilot posting in this thread should wear a fucking bag over his head over his benefit of RJs fucking 20 years of pilots, or am I fucking wrong?

So, for the people scoring at home too stupid to know, anyone in the Legacy3 or Southwest should STFU about "advancing the profession" or an "industry leading contract" or anything else that's made a pilot anything other than a fucking bricklayer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So confused!

Holy shit! Just saw this! Lol! You're heated!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So confused!

He’s not wrong though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#32]
They should call it Frontit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Looks like Spirit rejected JetBlue. I'm sure it's not the end of it though.
View Quote

All of the chumps down in FLL want to think they've (or they've been told) they have have a job. Not so true in Long Island City.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I day drink and post things.

How are you, dude?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top