Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/20/2024 10:24:59 PM EDT
Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.

"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.

Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
MORE: Trump civil fraud case: Judge fines Trump $354 million, says frauds 'shock the conscience'

The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.

Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.

James directly countered Trump's allegation that the case lacked any victims, instead describing her case as vital to ensuring financial markets treat New Yorkers fairly.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/letitia-james-shes-prepared-seize-trumps-assets-pay/story?id=107381482
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Truckers, what say you?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Piece of shit commie
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
He should appeal and then sell everything he owns in New York
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  As my favorite character in GoT would say... "fuck the king".
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
She should seize the assets first and then go to court for judgements.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't be surprised if she has a velvet painting of a nude 0bama riding a unicorn somewhere.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a trucker but as a veteran bank employee (IT worker but somewhat familiar with many aspects of banking) this seems to me a very bizarre court decision.  The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

When you apply for a secured loan, it's incumbent on the potential lender to judge the valuation of property offered as collateral.  If a bank's highly regulated internal processes and procedures determine that a loan is a "go", then it's a done deal and really not a problem for government or anyone else if the borrower defaults.

If the borrower DOESN'T default, it's nobody's problem at all.

I really don't understand how Trump could be fined for overstating the value of his property.  If he did, that's the bank's problem.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's exactly what they want. They want him to sell off everything and get out of New York. They don't want to see the name Trump on any buildings. They are trying to erase everything he's done in NYC.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Pre-judgement interest?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Burn NYC, burn it to the ground
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not a trucker but as a veteran bank employee (IT worker but somewhat familiar with many aspects of banking) this seems to me a very bizarre court decision.  The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

When you apply for a secured loan, it's incumbent on the potential lender to judge the valuation of property offered as collateral.  If a bank's highly regulated internal processes and procedures determine that a loan is a "go", then it's a done deal and really not a problem for government or anyone else if the borrower defaults.

I really don't understand how Trump could be fined for overstating the value of his property.  If he did, that's the bank's problem.
View Quote

Orange man bad is all the justification James, Hochul, and Engoron need, apparently.

Hochul's statement stating so will provide the evidence of that during Trump's appeal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.

"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.

Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
MORE: Trump civil fraud case: Judge fines Trump $354 million, says frauds 'shock the conscience'

Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.

James directly countered Trump's allegation that the case lacked any victims, instead describing her case as vital to ensuring financial markets treat New Yorkers fairly.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/letitia-james-shes-prepared-seize-trumps-assets-pay/story?id=107381482
View Quote

That fat pig has something comin' to her.  

Her comrade Fanni is facing hers now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too late with the judgement, property is encumbered. Drag it out in appeals and declare bankruptcy
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#17]
If seizure looks likely he could open the doors to housing migrants in them. I can’t think of a funnier political disaster for all those fuckers, lol.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#18]
If I were trump I’d bulldoze every property in NY, salt the earth and leave
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#19]
No link, but heard on the radio today that he came up with the cash.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
This is what we’ve devolved to; kangaroo courts convicting political opponents like those in third world and communist shit holes that we used to laugh at.  

It’s only going to get worse.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh so they are gonna sue him for saying that also now I bet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#22]
If anybody thinks these fucks won't be coming after them eventually, they are WRONG.  

Which law will they invent (as they did here) to come after you for voting wrong?  Or selling the wrong product?

Conservatives better start wielding power like these whore demons are doing, principles be damned
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Needs to move all Trump assets out of new York to Texas or Florida.
Many big investors have noticed and are saying they won't invest in New York anymore.
Time to lay off 20,000 people in the city and let the aftermath spiral out. Layoff notices should clearly state their jobs are cut due to the Attorney General and courts of New York making it to expensive to do business.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#25]
NYC is already struggling.  They really don't need any more self inflicted gunshot wounds.

But here they go..reloading again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Roof top is getting closer
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nevermind that the bank had no issues and did not seek any sort of settlement from Trump. This is fucking insane and she needs to be removed, disbarred, and charged for her abuse of power.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish he was rich enough to appeal and then abandon everything he owns in New York.
Leave every building empty - no workers, no property tax, no one to maintain them...
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Your billion dollar property is only worth 18m so we gonna seize all.of your properties to pay your fine
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Literally every business should sell everything off in New York.

The justice department just said they will confiscate and bankrupt your business if they don’t like your politics. Why anyone would remain there is just asking to be bankrupted or forcibly coerced for the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I wish he was rich enough to appeal and then abandon everything he owns in New York.
Leave every building empty - no workers, no property tax, no one to maintain them...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they would levy fines on him
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Its times like this that I wish conservatives had the crazies like the left does it would be glorious to see their houses picketed
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's exactly what they want. They want him to sell off everything and get out of New York. They don't want to see the name Trump on any buildings. They are trying to erase everything he's done in NYC.
View Quote
If he doesn't claim insurance can he burn them to the ground and walk away?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#34]
I’m looking at my little eBay purchases and if it’s coming from NY I keep looking. Small potatoes, but if I’m doing it I know I’m probably not alone.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is what we've devolved to; kangaroo courts convicting political opponents like those in third world and communist shit holes that we used to laugh at.  

It's only going to get worse.
View Quote
Unfortunately this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Unfortunately this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is what we've devolved to; kangaroo courts convicting political opponents like those in third world and communist shit holes that we used to laugh at.  

It's only going to get worse.
Unfortunately this.

Until they're made to stop.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Trump should rename all his buildings after Confederate Generals.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Like I said in the other thread, he should turn all his NY properties into free illegal immigrant and homeless housing,  us them in, and watch the city implode. Also buy off the judge and AG’s city block, as well as any of their immediate family member's, and repeat.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Piece of shit commie
View Quote

Can’t be stated enough!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Burn NYC, burn it to the ground
View Quote

This also can’t be said enough!  

One of the most vilest collections of scum on the planet!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#41]
CoC
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This also can’t be said enough!  

One of the most vilest collections of scum on the planet!!
View Quote

Nailed it. I hope one day the shit gets thrown back on them but I have doubts its ever going to happen.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Semi serious question- what prevents a right leaning AG doing the exact same thing to any leftist at this point?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck that commie bitch
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:36:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Donate Trump tower to MS-13 as their new headquarters and housing units
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Semi serious question- what prevents a right leaning AG doing the exact same thing to any leftist at this point?
View Quote

Morals and ethics
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Also buy off the judge and AG’s city block, as well as any of their immediate family member's, and repeat.
View Quote

If I had fuckyou money there are a few people whose houses would suddenly be surrounded by Section 8 and hog farms.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Morals and ethics
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Morals and ethics

Yeah, fuck all that. These people are a cancer on society
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Morals and ethics
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Morals and ethics

That and the way the media cover left vs right.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#50]
It's so far past the time we ought to be hurting these people and enjoying hurting them.  It's not about Trump either.  It's about the fact these people are fucking evil.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top