Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 24
Posted: 8/10/2018 5:54:30 PM EDT
Since the previous thread by @sgtlmj went into the archives, I thought I'd post a new one. I'm even starting with a very similar watch.

I'd been casually looking at the Seiko SBDC061/SBDC063, and eBay's 15% off anything sale the other day finally pushed me over the edge. I previously had the SBDC061 on my watch list, but since I'm not really a bracelet guy and don't have any watches with blue on them, I decided to go for the SBDC063. Chino Watch didn't have the best price, but they did have the best feedback and were only a couple of dollars more than the cheapest. They also have a very good reputation on the watch boards.
Anyway, $628 later, and it's on the plane from Japan.

Link Posted: 8/10/2018 6:23:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgtlmj] [#1]
I would buy another watch, but a deadbeat buyer on eBay has left me and my watch funds hanging.  That Seiko is awesome. They really need to step up and re-issue the 6105-8110 though. https://wornandwound.com/a-look-at-seikos-early-divers/

Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The Tudor BB is growing on me. I've never been a huge fan of the snowflake hands but I'm coming around.

My wish list for next big buy:

or

Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking at buying my first "nice" watch.  This is the one I have my eye on.  Tag Carrera Calibre 5
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Will you use King?  I was wondering if you knew what their stock is like on the BB and Pelagos models?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I wanted the Halios GMT but couldnt snag one in time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#8]
This one arrived in the brown truck yesterday.

I LIKE it.

Seiko SRP777K by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]
^ Congrats, great watches. I had a 6309 as a kid so I had to get the reissue. I sent mine off to get bead blasted by Duarte at NEWW.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TnFarmer:
Will you use King?  I was wondering if you knew what their stock is like on the BB and Pelagos models?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TnFarmer:
Yes, just waiting on an email from my dude Derrick.

Last time I was in there (early June) they had them all. Call em up and ask for Derrick - he can give you the  rundown.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By para13cord:
I wanted the Halios GMT but couldnt snag one in time.
View Quote
Yup I clicked add to cart at under 120 seconds from “its live” and missed the boat.

Probably for the better.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
These two are pre-orders, and then it is time to start thinning out the collection.

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:32:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#13]
Attempted delivery yesterday; pickup at the P.O. today. It still surprises me that packages from the other side of the world can arrive quicker than from the other side of the state.

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By grondike:
Attempted delivery yesterday; pickup at the P.O. today. It still surprises me that packages from the other side of the world can arrive quicker than from the other side of the state.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/622/sbdc063-1-640425.jpg
View Quote
Hot.

Details please
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Hot.

Details please
View All Quotes

Hot.

Details please
It's a SBDC063, one of the updated, non-LE versions of Seiko's 300m diver re-issue. They also have a SBDC061, which has a bracelet and black insert, while the 063 has a silicon strap and gunmetal blue insert. I had been thinking about the 300m Marine Master, but they've really jumped in price in the past year or so.

They went all out (with both features and price) on the limited edition re-issue (SBEX007), but the non-LE watches get a similar look (other than hands) at a much more palatable price. Chino had the 063 for $728 when I bought last week, and the 15% eBay coupon knocked an additional $100 off the price.

https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/collections/en/prospex/SBDC063

https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/collections/en/prospex/SBDC061

https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/collections/en/prospex/SBEX007
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgtlmj] [#16]

It's a SBDC063, one of the updated, non-LE versions of Seiko's 300m diver re-issue. They also have a SBDC061, which has a bracelet and black insert, while the 063 has a silicon strap and gunmetal blue insert. I had been thinking about the 300m Marine Master, but they've really jumped in price in the past year or so.

They went all out (with both features and price) on the limited edition re-issue (SBEX007), but the non-LE watches get a similar look (other than hands) at a much more palatable price. Chino had the 063 for $728 when I bought last week, and the 15% eBay coupon knocked an additional $100 off the price.

https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/collections/en/prospex/SBDC063

https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/collections/en/prospex/SBDC061

https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/collections/en/prospex/SBEX007
View Quote
This is going to be a great watch for Seiko. The SBDC051/53 didn't really click with a lot of folks. This 061/063 is being touted as the MM200, or baby Marine Master. 51mm lug-to-lug, but has some good curves and isn't as chunky as the 051 or MM300.

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/prospex-200m-automatic-black-baby-mm-ref-sbdc061
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Melbourne Portsea calendar classic.

Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
methinks this is the best looking Seiko I've ever seen. well done.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been looking at these online:

Deep Blue Juggernaut IV

juggernaut

Attachment Attached File

is Deep Blue a decent watch?
I see people talking about "discount codes"; how do you find them?
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LightningII:

Deep Blue Juggernaut IV

juggernaut

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/128929/juggernaut-iv-swiss-automatic-diver-black-69-653598.JPG

View Quote
Deep Blues are great. Just got one a few weeks ago myself. Great quality.

My next purchase may very well be a GShock GSteel 300 series. I like the idea of a metal GShock and the 300 series is slightly less gargantuan than the original 100 series. Should wear a little smaller than the specs indicate since I’ll be getting the regular steel with a silicone strap. Best part is, the wife okay’d it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Waiting on the call for my Speedmaster Ultraman
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By fish223:
This thread will not archive
View Quote

And next on the list...

Link Posted: 8/29/2018 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't know if it will be "next," but I really dig this soon-to-be-released NTH Skipjack.

Link Posted: 8/30/2018 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#25]
what is this? looks like a RAF chrono.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Yes; it's a tribute to the 1980 RAF chrono from Newmark. I've been following this thread on MWR since last year and had signed up for the notification list. They went live on Kickstarter yesterday afternoon (search for Newmark). I went in about 30 minutes after the sale opened and was able to snag one of the early bird packages; both that and the low serial number options sold out pretty quickly. The standard issue package is still available @ £237.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Down the Marathon rabbit hole again. I'm currently without an auto and all my other watches are .mil issue. Can't break out of the pattern. I'm going to give this one a good month on the wrist and see if I can learn to like the actual watch as much as the idea of the watch.

Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I like some of the Ball designs
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Amazon Product
  • Solar chronograph
  • 6-month power reserve once fully charged.
  • Japanese-quartz Movement

Probably this one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:57:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Something from Grand Seiko or a Fifty Fathoms, probably. The FF is my absolute grail, too.

Probably one of the most iconic watches on earth.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Maybe this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 4:20:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LightningII] [#34]
OK.
impulse buy ( sort of, been looking at them for weeks); it arrives next week.
happy birthday to me...
H1 Ghost
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By LightningII:

Deep Blue Juggernaut IV

juggernaut

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/128929/juggernaut-iv-swiss-automatic-diver-black-69-653598.JPG

View Quote
I've had a Deep Blue for a couple years now.  T100 tritium really stands out.  They use different movements from ETA, Seiko, or Citizen from what I've seen.  They send out code if you're subscribed to email notifications, the last one was the word "DEEP", but that was back in July.  It may still work.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Or I'll save a little more for this...

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I really have my eye on a zenith pilot type 20 chronograph
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I should have this one next week

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#39]
I know a guy selling one of these used right now if you are interested?
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#40]
About to fo on my first Rolex, will be my first quality watch of any kind. Just not settled on which one but have the green light from the boss lady any time. Really need to see more of them in person first.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#42]
To me it’s something nice that symbolizes quality and holds some value. I don’t plan on collecting watched so might as well shoot the moon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 12:40:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#43]
Originally Posted By JCatt:
About to fo on my first Rolex, will be my first quality watch of any kind. Just not settled on which one but have the green light from the boss lady any time. Really need to see more of them in person first.
View All Quotes
be sure to check out the non ceramics too if you have a local source for pre-owned.

Originally Posted By RED_5:

I don't mean any disrespect, but why a Rolex?  Not that they are bad, just that there are more worthy timepieces for the money.
I wouldn't turn down a Rolex, but Its not on my list to buy.  again, no disrespect, just would like to know why you would choose a Rolex?
Such as?

I love options.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#44]

be sure to check out the non ceramics too if you have a local source for pre-owned.

Such as?

I love options.
View Quote
About all we have here is pre owned, no AD close. I’ll be in Milan sometime the next month or two I think you can get an ok deal there. I’ve read Italian msrp includes the VAT of 22% which as a foreigner you can get 20% refunded basically immediately. Need to look into that some more though.
I’m not sure why to have a preference on the bezel material either way honestly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
take your time and get the one you really want.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:12:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Such as?

I love options.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By RED_5:

I don't mean any disrespect, but why a Rolex?  Not that they are bad, just that there are more worthy timepieces for the money.
I wouldn't turn down a Rolex, but Its not on my list to buy.  again, no disrespect, just would like to know why you would choose a Rolex?
Such as?

I love options.
16600 and 16601

I love that era of SD and Sub, and prefer them to newer versions.

Probably 5-7 k pre-owned.  2500$ or so savings over a new one as well.

As for choosing a Rolex,
There has always been sort of a joke about them.  Their prices wildly increased far, and far ahead of competitive models.

The joke usually goes something along the lines of-
Seiko makes the world’s best 1000$ dive watch.  It costs 1000$.
Someone askes what about Rolex.   And you reply, No, not Rolex.   Their $1000 dive watch costs four grand.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#47]
While I’m going to pick up a nice Omega one of these days, my next watch will probably be one of these. The latest version has a lot of tech to track heart health, and after having a heart attack, that will be useful.

Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Sinn 857

y

May be here in a few days, or not due to hurricane Florence.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Fo’d on a Milgauss today. Black dial green crystal,very nice!
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top