Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2022 1:25:50 PM EDT
I know GD hates Traeger but this looks awesome!  I’m really liking the induction cook top because I have an outdoor gas stove but it sucks if it’s even slightly breezy.  

https://www.traeger.com/pellet-grills/timberline-xl

I like Meat Church rubs and here’s an unboxing from Matt Pittman (Yes, I know he is affiliated with Traeger).

https://youtu.be/MoY7lqT3jI0

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
FIRST LOOK & COOK: THE NEW TRAEGER TIMBERLINE 2022...WOW, JUST WOW! | SAM THE COOKING GUY

Unboxing the new Traeger Timberline XL

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
First Look!! All NEW Traeger For 2022 | Traeger Timberline XL
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Why does gd hate traeger?

My traegers awesome
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why does gd hate traeger?

My traegers awesome
View Quote

I bought one and hate it.  It won't get above 390° and can't cook a steak worth a damn.  The smoke pellets don't smoke either.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I made a comment on one of those "new Traeger" YouTube shill videos.  Can't remember which but they were all released on the same day.  Seems as though they hired the OLight marketing firm (pay all the "influencers"). Anyway, I said something like "I can get a PitBoss or Green Mountain pellet grill, a Weber charcoal grill, propane griddle and a sous vide machine for $1k less than that thing."  

After further thought, a RecTec, Weber, griddle, and a sous vide would probably be my first choice.

And, Traeger pellets suck, Lumberjack was my go to but Rural King decided to discontinue my visits to their store.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I bought one and hate it.  It won't get above 390° and can't cook a steak worth a damn.  The smoke pellets don't smoke either.
View Quote

That sucks, my Traeger 575 with wifire is awesome. Never had an issue or bad cook
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I made a comment on one of those "new Traeger" YouTube shill videos.  Can't remember which but they were all released on the same day.  Seems as though they hired the OLight marketing firm (pay all the "influencers"). Anyway, I said something like "I can get a PitBoss or Green Mountain pellet grill, a Weber charcoal grill, propane griddle and a sous vide machine for $1k less than that thing."  

After further thought, a RecTec, Weber, griddle, and a sous vide would probably be my first choice.

And, Traeger pellets suck, Lumberjack was my go to but Rural King decided to discontinue my visits to their store.
View Quote

I feel like there's a story to be told here...
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I feel like there's a story to be told here...
View Quote
RK ditched the Lumberjack pellets and switched to their store branded pellets.  LJ pellets were awesome for the price.  RK pellets, not so much.  When I burn through the 80 pounds of LJ pellets I have on hand I'll be looking for another vendor.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing wrong with Traegers. Almost bought one. Went with recteq instead through. Wanted the stainless steel.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used multiple pellet smokers....Rectec, Traeger, Pit Boss, Z-Grills and none really impressed me. They're ok, but just not the same taste as real coal and wood.

I just picked this up, will be assembling it this weekend. Hoping it gives me the best of both, the taste of real wood and coal with the ease of a pellet grill.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top