Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2021 4:19:57 PM EDT
I searched and didn't find anything with "RDP"

Edit: I know people don't like Springfield as a company. I'm not saying anyone should buy this. I'm bringing it up as an odd gun with an unusual feature set (just look at how that comp attaches in the video below, for one) that might be worth discussing on GD. [end edit]

I don't like Springfield and vastly prefer feel of the SIG P365 XL to that of the Hellcat, but the feature set on their new RDP is pretty amazing.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/hellcat-series-handguns/hellcat-rdp-micro-compact-handguns/

I hope SIG comes out with their own take on the concept, but just the fact that some madman decided to put something like this into production makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
How can we make a compact pistol less compact..............
Lets hang a big fuckin muffler off the front!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Where's the Grip Zone? How can I possibly know where to grip it without an explicit Grip Zone clearly marked.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
they gave it the performance center treatment
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I like everything but the comp on a carry pistol.  Truth be told RDS on a carry gun don't excite me either...I don't want to have to check batteries all the time.

I had an SAS with ported barrel, hated the sights, the port didn't do much.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How can we make a compact pistol less compact..............
Lets hang a big fuckin muffler off the front!
View Quote

Yeah, kinda defeats the purpose....no??

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck Springfield.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]
LOFL
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a deformed USP
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't like Springfield and vastly prefer feel of the SIG P365 XL to that of the Hellcat, but the feature set on their new RDP is pretty amazing.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/hellcat-series-handguns/hellcat-rdp-micro-compact-handguns/

http://assets.americanrifleman.org/media/3758623/springfield-armory-hellcat-rdp-pistol-2021-final.jpg?preset=list720
http://d7g7q7y3.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/hellcat-rdp-alt-feature-1600x1200-2-768x576.png

I hope SIG comes out with their own take on the concept, but just the fact that some madman decided to put something like this into production makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
View Quote

Factory Roland Special Hellcat
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a fucking 9mm... what's with the brakes?

ffs
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://assets.americanrifleman.org/media/3758623/springfield-armory-hellcat-rdp-pistol-2021-final.jpg?preset=list720
http://d7g7q7y3.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/hellcat-rdp-alt-feature-1600x1200-2-768x576.png

Basically, yes

I want to see one on a SIG P365XL frame. The Hellcat has too short a grip to really take advantage of that sort of setup. The comp is also a bit silly but it's a very slick method of attachment, one so good I'm not sure why it isn't more common.

Self Indexing Compensator Installation

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ffs
View Quote
It looks cool

For a 9mm that size it might actually help since they can be a bit snappy. Mostly I like that it acts as a thread protector (since I like attaching cans to things they are not practical on) while also adding some utility, small though that utility may be.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Basically, yes

I want to see one on a SIG P365XL frame. The Hellcat has too short a grip to really take advantage of that sort of setup. The comp is also a bit silly but it's a very slick method of attachment, one so good I'm not sure why it isn't more common.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz4mnxkN2dE
View Quote

I really like how that locks in
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Nothing like the love between Bubbah and his trash blaster.

Carry on, Quislings!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#16]
SIGHT ZONE (tm)RECOIL ZONE (tm)

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It looks cool

For a 9mm that size it might actually help since they can be a bit snappy. Mostly I like that it acts as a thread protector (since I like attaching cans to things they are not practical on) while also adding some utility, small though that utility may be.
View Quote

All of my compact 9 mm's do fine without a brake, if your running a can it's no longer a compact.
If your compact has a threaded barrel it already has a (much smaller) thread protector, that thing is a gimmick.
A bulky, stupid looking gimmick, but whatevs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Carry on, Quislings!
View Quote
Did you guys not read the OP, or have a hard time understanding the words there? I'm not saying to buy it, and I specifically said that I don't like Springfield. I'm just bringing an odd gun with an odd feature set to GD's attention for discussion.

The attachment method for the compensator by itself is worth discussing

But you go ahead and call people names because you can't read. You do you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

All of my compact 9 mm's do fine without a brake, if your running a can it's no longer a compact.
If your compact has a threaded barrel it already has a (much smaller) thread protector, that thing is a gimmick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks cool

My can is made for rifles and I regularly attach it to guns far smaller than it, so I'm under no illusion it's practical.

The gun is certainly a gimmick, but it's an exceptionally odd gimmick that seems to have made it to full production somehow
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#21]
SA makes some of the best pistols in the world. They are far superior to anything Glock puts out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#22]
They had a winner on the original. This is close to another winner, but would like to see a slightly longer mag and just go ahead and commit at this point. The 3 inch barrel and form factor works great. A 3.8 would work great with a 16+ mag since pocket carry is basically out of the question anyway.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like a Springfield WTF..
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#24]
That video was terrible. I bailed when the boomers started yelling.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Must have pulled it out of its litterbox
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#26]
It actually looks like a great feature set. Not feeling the bigass compensator on a gun marketed solely for being small for carry though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Did you guys not read the OP, or have a hard time understanding the words there? I'm not saying to buy it, and I specifically said that I don't like Springfield. I'm just bringing an odd gun with an odd feature set to GD's attention for discussion.

View Quote

I didn't need to read their sales pitch to know the pistol had unnecessary features that I see as a hindrance, not advantageous.

But to be nice, I headed over to the site to see for myself this attachment method that is so ground breaking,
I read right up to the word 'PROPRIETARY" which is where I lost interest, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#28]
My worry is that the comp is going to defeat the functioning of the gun. I've played with a comp before, and it was difficult to get to run right.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#29]
The coolest part of this release is that they are already shipping to dealers.  I work at a Springfield distributor and we have already had these pass through.  I had one in my hand for a bit, pretty cool little gun.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on, Quislings!

Ironic response is ironic.

I did not refer to the OP.

I am specifically referring to knuckle dragging traitors who champion this garbage company.

Reading is hard. Insecurity is easy.

You do you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ironic response is ironic.

I did not refer to the OP.

I am specifically referring to knuckle dragging traitors who champion this garbage company.

Reading is hard. Insecurity is easy.

You do you.
View Quote

WTF did you just call me?!?!?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#32]
A simple thread about a pistol and a GD thread is already turned to shit. It never fails.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I like everything but the comp on a carry pistol.  Truth be told RDS on a carry gun don't excite me either...I don't want to have to check batteries all the time.

View Quote

Do you even 50k hours bro?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
SA makes some of the best pistols in the world. They are far superior to anything Glock puts out.
View Quote

We got 5 weeks ‘til April Fool’s Day.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A simple thread about a pistol and a GD thread is already turned to shit. It never fails.  
View Quote

Maybe if they didn't try to throw IL mfgrs under the bus, so that SA could receive a legal carve-out, these threads would go better for them. As it stands, Springfield Armory can die in a fire.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

WTF did you just call me?!?!?
View Quote

Why the hell am I laughing so hard at this post.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

No doubt.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
The batteries last years, though I definitely prefer sights that can have the battery replaced without removing the whole thing.

I was hesitant about RDS carry guns until I tried one. It really does make it easier to shoot well, at least for me.

ETA: When I can find a SIG 365XL-MS for a good price locally I'll get one and put a Holosun RDS on it. That combo is very nice in my experience. It's pretty much my perfect IWB carry gun.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guarantee if thousands of law enforcement agencies issued SA pistols, everyone here would say Glock sucks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Comps are retarded on defensive pistols.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The batteries last years, though I definitely prefer sights that can have the battery replaced without removing the whole thing.

I was hesitant about RDS carry guns until I tried one. It really does make it easier to shoot well, at least for me.
View Quote

Holosun 507k. That'll stir up the SA haters.

50k hour battery life. Changeable reticle. Inexpensive. I'm happy with mine, and my Hellcat in general. I do NOT see the need for the comp on a carry gun though. I do not find it hard to handle at all and followup shots are quick and easy. At least for me. I'd rather save my hearing a bit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

ffs
View Quote

IDK

Ain't like it's a 460 Rowland, 454 Casull or 500 S&W
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I guarantee if thousands of law enforcement agencies issued SA pistols, everyone here would say Glock sucks.
View Quote

I don't like glocks
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

IDK

View Quote

Only thing I can think of is they are trying to get first time shooters comfortable with handling a "snappy" pistol that is small enough for the average Jane and Joe to carry with minimal discomfort and inconvenience.

Like it or not, we need these types of initiatives to get new shooters involved and grow the pool of like minded individuals.

Regardless of what GD leads everyone to believe, we are all on the same team, and growing our team is a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Only thing I can think of is they are trying to get first time shooters comfortable with handling a "snappy" pistol that is small enough for the average Jane and Joe to carry with minimal discomfort and inconvenience.

Like it or not, we need these types of initiatives to get new shooters involved and grow the pool of like minded individuals.

Regardless of what GD leads everyone to believe, we are all on the same team, and growing our team is a good thing.
View Quote

More likely aimed at the video game crowd
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IDK

I think they made it because it looks odd as hell and will stand out in the gun case. Some new buyer (or someone who isn't focused on practicality) sees that next to a normal Hellcat or a P365 and it's easy to pick the one that John Wick would carry.

ETA: Especially at that price
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Hmmm, cool gun.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#49]
It would be cool to see Springfield get back into a relationship with Imbel and start importing/producing FALs.  And maybe fire up the M1 Garand again...

Things they might be able to do instead of a pocket pistol.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fuck Springfield.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top