Quoted:

Lucky.

Install it yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
EVGA coming through with their queue system. Took 14 months, but atleast they are trying. HP Reverb G2 showed up the same day. It was a good day.
https://i.imgur.com/bGvIMgH.jpeg

Lucky.

Install it yet?

Got both the card and VR installed. This card is a beast. Elite Dangerous with this card and the HP Reverb G2 is amazing. Now I need a new hotas though. My T.flight doesn't have nearly enough buttons for mapping with VR.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
EVGA coming through with their queue system. Took 14 months, but atleast they are trying. HP Reverb G2 showed up the same day. It was a good day.
https://i.imgur.com/bGvIMgH.jpeg
View Quote

Thanks for the upgrade! Goodbye RX570 and hello RTX 3060!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
NM, sold out... ??
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there some way to determine what a fair price for a 3080ti would be these days?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is there some way to determine what a fair price for a 3080ti would be these days?
View Quote

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:02:29 AM EDT
[#6]
3080s were sitting on the shelf at the Marietta Microcenter today.

I picked up a 3070....

Half Life Alyx looks super awesome now.

Not so much when I was using a 1080...
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
damn yeah my local MC supposedly has some too:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
3080s were sitting on the shelf at the Marietta Microcenter today.

I picked up a 3070....

Half Life Alyx looks super awesome now.

Not so much when I was using a 1080...
View Quote

What headset are you using? I got an HP reverb G2 a few weeks ago and definitely want to try that game out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#9]
The hits just keep coming. Ukraine is responsible for a significant portion of noble gases used in chip production. Take time to go through the manufacturing process and shipping and such.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What headset are you using? I got an HP reverb G2 a few weeks ago and definitely want to try that game out.
View Quote

I first played it with a Rift S and was blown away.
Going back through with a Reverb G1 and the extra detail is outstanding. It is 100% worth buying the game.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quest 2
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this.

May have to upgrade the PSU depending on how I spec out the rest of the build but the price looks right for the card+PSU.

Does anyone have this particular card? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this.

May have to upgrade the PSU depending on how I spec out the rest of the build but the price looks right for the card+PSU.

Does anyone have this particular card? Thoughts?
View Quote

Which one?  did you have a model # or link?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Which one?  did you have a model # or link?
View Quote

I suppose that would be helpful.

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I suppose that would be helpful.

View Quote

I was about to say I have that exact card, then I noticed the TI. I've had the normal version for a bit over 6 months now and no complaints at all.

I do have that exact power supply though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got the evga 3080 ti.

Now for the rest of the computer to piece meal together over the next few months.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just got the evga 3080 ti.

Now for the rest of the computer to piece meal together over the next few months.
View Quote

EVGA has some cards in stock on their website as well as I. Stock on Amazon. May jump on something tonight now that prices have come down a little.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:14:06 AM EDT
[#18]
EVGA website has a lot of their cards in stock the last few days and still do. Many of them are LHR cards, but if you don't need them to do crytpo they are at least in stock and at MSRP a lot of them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#19]
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083HZGMWZ?tag=arfcom00-20

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC 12G Graphics Card, 3X WINDFORCE Fans, 12GB 384-Bit GDDR6X, GV-N308TGAMING OC-12GD Video Card - $1300 sold and shipped by Amazon
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083HZGMWZ?tag=arfcom00-20

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC 12G Graphics Card, 3X WINDFORCE Fans, 12GB 384-Bit GDDR6X, GV-N308TGAMING OC-12GD Video Card - $1300 sold and shipped by Amazon
View Quote
Any reason NOT to get this?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shipped and sold by amazon, I wouldn't delay in verifying it is legit and works once you get it.  So seems ok if you're willing to pay that price.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Shipped and sold by amazon, I wouldn't delay in verifying it is legit and works once you get it.  So seems ok if you're willing to pay that price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a person who bought an EVGA through Amazon and hasn't bought the rest of the components yet...

Your post doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

As a person who bought an EVGA through Amazon and hasn't bought the rest of the components yet...

View Quote

I bought a 3080ti for $1199 off the Newegg shuffle back in August 2021, so the price ain't far off, but I just don't trust any mass marketer these days.  Protect yourself
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I bought a 3080ti for $1199 off the Newegg shuffle back in August 2021, so the price ain't far off, but I just don't trust any mass marketer these days.  Protect yourself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen some issues with third party sellers on Amazon, but not Amazon itself.

Yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I know prices on gfx cards have been dropping.  Looking at a mid-level card.  This one is a 3070 ti founders edition.  Mainly for FPS gaming.  Bought from this place before, but is this a good deal right now?

https://gbwthrift.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-ti.html
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 2:15:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I know prices on gfx cards have been dropping.  Looking at a mid-level card.  This one is a 3070 ti founders edition.  Mainly for FPS gaming.  Bought from this place before, but is this a good deal right now?

View Quote

I question the legitimacy of that site....
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I've ordered from them before, no problems.  Yeah, they do have a cheesy site though.

What about the price itself though?  From my searches, it seems like a decent deal.  Just want a second opinion before I make the jump.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I can get a EVGA370 for $750 shipped. Worth it or wait it out? Prices to seem to be falling, been thinking of waiting for deals in the 3080Ti range.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Up to Chicago for a wedding next week - should I swing by Microcenter, or will I just be disappointed?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Up to Chicago for a wedding next week - should I swing by Microcenter, or will I just be disappointed?
View Quote

It looks like they have stuff in stock now, not sure if its what you want though.  Check their site right before you're going to be up there.  Drop down on the top middle of the page picks the store.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#31]
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-series-gpus-tipped-to-debut-in-early-q3

This should get interesting. Do current stock of GPUs go on fire sale to clear out inventory or do manufacturers continue with pricing shenanigans by raising MSRP so vendors can have a "discount/rebate"?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-series-gpus-tipped-to-debut-in-early-q3

This should get interesting. Do current stock of GPUs go on fire sale to clear out inventory or do manufacturers continue with pricing shenanigans by raising MSRP so vendors can have a "discount/rebate"?
View Quote

Not likely. Im guessing 30 series cards will still be going for well above MSRP for quite some time seeing as they have yet to supply them at any reasonable volume since they launched. I guess it also depends on if the 40 series share any common components that could limit the production of the 30 series even further. Typical of NVIDIA to launch something new and improved before meeting demand of the current line.  

*It's all so tiresome gif*
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got back from my local microcenter and they didn't really have shelves bursting but there were no empty spots.  Process were at our close to msrp for most (ignoring the artificially low FE msrp).
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It looks like they have stuff in stock now, not sure if its what you want though.  Check their site right before you're going to be up there.  Drop down on the top middle of the page picks the store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually we have 2 Microcenters so check both. They have a lot of stock presently.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is seriously tempting at only $20 above MSRP.  But I think I've decided 1) fuck NVIDIA and 2) I've been waiting so long now I might as well just stick it out until the next generation or at the VERY least until the market is fully back to "normal".  

And yeah that site is sketch AF, and it says he's basically combing yard sales so there's really no telling if that card has been... abused.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#36]
So I finally got a new card, a 3080 rtx ventus. I paid $829.00 and also got a waterblock which I am still waiting for. I saw the same card on Ebay but I viewed that like truckstop sushi and it shipped from Kazakhstan so I avoided it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got these from EVGA:

Now that EVGA has sufficient stock on 30 series at EVGA.com and at ETAIL/RETAIL partners, starting June 23th 2022, all pending queue notifies on EVGA PN: 10G-P5-3881-KL will be removed and the product will be made available for purchase as supply continues to arrive.

You can see all in-stock 30 Series availability at any time by visiting here. The EVGA Queue system will continue to be in place for high demand products.

You are receiving this message because you previously signed up for our notification queue on our US/Canada webstore to be notified when 10G-P5-3881-KL is available to purchase or for changes to its availability status.
View Quote

And a 2nd for the  10G-P5-3883-KR part.

Seems to be better news for folks that held out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I picked up an EVGA FTW3 3080 12GB a few weeks ago.  I decided to go with the 3080 because I wanted to be able to play GPU-intensive titles at high settings with ray tracing.  

What I found was that, with Cyberpunk 2077, I still couldn't get acceptable frame rates without DLSS.  And the card is pulling 400 watts.

The good news is that DLSS Quality gets me comfortably above 60 fps, and the game still looks really good.  I decided to leave ray tracing on.

I'm going to try to skip the next gen, as I did with the previous one (my old card was a GTX 1080).
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:15:44 AM EDT
[#39]
EVGA no longer doing a queue. Said stocks are picking back up. Guessing crypto coming down and inflation on everything else impacting GPU sales.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#40]
currently, i have a 3080, any good reason to jump to a 4030 or other 40-series?

i do game, and IIRC i will need a new PSU, my corsair is only 850 i believe?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

xx30 and xx50 cards are budget models.  You'd not likely want to go to one of those if you have a 3080 card.  Anything other than rumors and supposed leaks on the 4000 series lately though?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

What games are you playing? What games do you expect to play within the next year or two that you think a 3080 won't be able to handle?

If you've got a card in that tier already I would definitely wait and see how things shake out. We're still not sure what the power requirements for the next gen are going to look like.

Some people simply upgrade to the newest shiny object simply because they can. If you can afford it, then go for it, it's your money. But most people would do better to wait and see how things shake out, and should base their upgrade decisions upon what they actually intend to do with the new hardware.

There's very little out there that a 3080 can't handle, and that probably won't change too much in the near future. Now, when the Unreal Engine 5 games start showing up and you want to play them in 4K, then the 3080 might well not be able to handle that, but that's still a little ways off.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Picked up a 3080 months ago in hopes of building a new rig.

Then life took over.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I've seen some issues with third party sellers on Amazon, but not Amazon itself.

Yet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Picked up a 3080 months ago in hopes of building a new rig.

Then life took over.

View Quote
Username definitely checks out.  You should know to only spend when you're ready to go "whole-hog", otherwise your purchase is fading into obsolescence without use.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Big price drop today on the higher end cards.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes - nVidia and their AIBs look to be trying to get rid of extra inventory before the 4000 series cards are released.  Inventory is up and sales are down since the miners not only aren't buying cards but are dumping them on the used markets.  If you're looking to buy a card and don't want to play the availability game with the 4000s, the next couple days/weeks is probably the time to buy.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yes - nVidia and their AIBs look to be trying to get rid of extra inventory before the 4000 series cards are released.  Inventory is up and sales are down since the miners not only aren't buying cards but are dumping them on the used markets.  If you're looking to buy a card and don't want to play the availability game with the 4000s, the next couple days/weeks is probably the time to buy.

Mike
View Quote
Any suggestions for best place to grab one online?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=12G-P5-4868-KL

$799+tax+40 to ship.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

EVGA
Amazon
Bestbuy
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top