Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 11/11/2020 2:14:03 PM EDT
Is anyone seeing either the 3080's or 3090's available anywhere?  I have a Discord channel that is supposed to notify when they are back in stock, but every time it happens by the time the page pops up, its out of stock again.  Any talk of when it might normalize?  I'd really like to pair my new Reverb G2 with a 3080.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably spring of next year before you start seeing more of them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, probably not going to see one for a while. Big hype release right at the holiday season. AMD has their new cards coming out here in the next few days as well.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.techpowerup.com/274505/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-landing-in-january-at-usd-999

I hope this is true. RIP the guys that got suckered into the 3090.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing is in stock. I will probably try to snag a 6800 xt.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope. It's my personal belief that Nvidia launched sooner than they wanted because they AMD is actually competitive this year and they wanted to get ahead of that. Nvidia also fucked around with their TSMC negotiations and they ended up at the Samsung foundry. Samsung 8nm has much lower yields than TSMC 7nm which is a very mature process and is what AMD is using for their wafers (I believe apple was using that before as well as qualcomm and others). I don't want to get into political conspiracy theories about covid and all that but if you look around you'll find plenty of people on industry social media circles and such talking about their supply chains getting fucked. Messed up supply chain + immature manufacturing process with less than ideal yields = very poor stock. Nvidia said it's a demand issue and not a supply issue yet the entire country of Russia received 12 cards. Some UK retailers have posted their order and stock volume, they might have 2k orders for a particular card and will only be received 10 a week. That said, Nvidia themselves said this will go into q1 of next year. If you take that at face value you're looking at January at the earliest. Consider though that no publicly traded company will come out and say "Nah bro we're totally fucked til march or april". Not saying that's the case but the absolute best case scenario would be that these are almost kind of in stock in January, as in they'll sell out in 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds.

To be honest that's all speculation and you will not find any concrete answers other than Nvidia's public statement of stock being limited until q1 of next year. Supposedly Nvidia is buying some TSMC 7nm space which wouldn't be for current cards, it would be a nightmare to have the same card manufactured on two different processes. The 3080ti might be 7nm or it might even be the 3060, who knows. I mention that because if they can get their new releases out the door in sufficient stock and AMD does their part then you might see a drop in demand for the 3080 and might be able to find one. The 3070 stock does appear to be much higher. I'm not sure if you're subscribed to notifications for that one but the stock drops are much more frequent and seem to last longer. There was a newegg combo deal for an asus tuf mobo and a tuf 3070 that was up for a solid 15 minutes or so.

edit: obviously most of that is anecdotal, please take with a grain of salt. Further anecdotes would be that in my friend circle of 3 that were looking into PC building there are two that said "fuck it i'm getting an xbox I'm tired of trying to buy these cards", the 3rd was actually looking for an xbox but decided to wait a few months and build a PC. Extremely anecdotal but hopefully the consoles pull some on the fence people over and take them out of the constant f5 race.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.techpowerup.com/274505/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-landing-in-january-at-usd-999

I hope this is true. RIP the guys that got suckered into the 3090.
View Quote
I guess it'll finally be time to replace my aging 1080 (non-Ti).
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 5:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I managed to get a RTX3080 after signing up for a queue on EVGAs website. I think theyre still filling orders from the first couple days, still.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I managed to get a RTX3080 after signing up for a queue on EVGAs website. I think theyre still filling orders from the first couple dayshours, still.
View Quote

Fixed that for ya
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I WILL put a 3080 in my upcoming gaming build.  I'm saving money until spring.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been checking daily for more than a month. They only thing I've found is an occasional third-party reseller on Newegg or Amazon offering them at 2X MSRP.

Either demand is beyond belief or they're not making many of them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been checking daily for more than a month. They only thing I've found is an occasional third-party reseller on Newegg or Amazon offering them at 2X MSRP.

Either demand is beyond belief or they're not making many of them.
View Quote

Unfortunately I think it is both - it is ridiculous how not only video cards, but many other components are absolutely impossible to find. I am glad that I built my latest gaming setup back in January, but was hoping to upgrade my RTX 2080 to a 3090 since I game at 4K and my setup chokes on ultra settings for MSFS and a few others.

I never expected even in this environment that the 3090's would be so hard to find given their MSRP. People paying $1500-1700 for a GPU seems like a niche market where you could find them.

This year has been a perfect storm for both supply and demand, with everyone stuck at home ready to pull out their credit cards on stuff.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm interested in a 3080 Ti/Super. Doubt I'll be able to get one when they're announced. I heard all of the 3060 Ti's sold out instantly a day or two ago.

My 2080 Ti should be fine until shit settles down next year. Hopefully.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm interested in a 3080 Ti/Super. Doubt I'll be able to get one when they're announced. I heard all of the 3060 Ti's sold out instantly a day or two ago.

View Quote

Lol, your 2080ti will still be fine. No offense but you remind me of a coworker that acts like the wheels are falling off his vette every model year. He upgrades every year or two, it's insane. Anyways, if you ignore the media hype you might remember that the 2080ti is still a great card and will easily hold you over until this bullshit stops.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I desperately wanted a 3080 to replace my 2070 super, but I think this will be my plan as well, wait for the 3080ti and hope i can snag one
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I had to grab a EVGA 2080 super and jump in the step up queue from evga. It will prolly take me longer to get but, the 2080 super is much better at 1440 than a 1070ti (and I get to use it till my time in queue is up), and since I'm in the step up queue I no longer have to play the f5 game while only getting 65 fps in warzone. Honestly I don't expect to get the 3080 before March, but if the 3080ti is released and added to the step up queue before then, I can swap it out for that and wait some more.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Was lucky enough to get a 3070 FE at launch. I’m very happy with its performance at 1440p.

3060ti however looks like a pretty compelling product. Only kind of wish I had waited.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#17]
When did neck-bearding GPUs become a thing? Granted it’s been 5 years since my last build, but I never remember having problems buying a new card, especially the high end cards.

I’m lucky to have a Microcenter nearby, and people literally line up before it opens to buy all the cards. They even sold out a stack of 3090s. I’ve been hoping to snag a 3080 myself.

And half the people in line do not look line end users. They look like the same old farts that wait in line at Walmart or Cabelas to buy all the ammo.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion in GD (because GD is full of these types of people), but scalpers are assholes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When did neck-bearding GPUs become a thing? Granted it’s been 5 years since my last build, but I never remember having problems buying a new card, especially the high end cards.

I’m lucky to have a Microcenter nearby, and people literally line up before it opens to buy all the cards. They even sold out a stack of 3090s. I’ve been hoping to snag a 3080 myself.

And half the people in line do not look line end users.
They look like the same old farts that wait in line at Walmart or Cabelas to buy all the ammo.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion in GD (because GD is full of these types of people), but scalpers are assholes.
View Quote

That's because they're not.  They buy the cards and then try to sell them for $1200 on ebay, amazon, and facebook.

Microcenter should ban these fucks, they go every time they have stock.  I've heard that it's the same exact people buying cards every time.  Should be forced to present ID, and ID should be placed in the system.  Try to buy again?  Nope, not happening, go fuck yourself.

But you and I both know that'll never happen. We're about to start civil war right?  We can start breaking their kneecaps soon, don't worry.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's because they're not.  They buy the cards and then try to sell them for $1200 on ebay, amazon, and facebook.

Microcenter should ban these fucks, they go every time they have stock.  I've heard that it's the same exact people buying cards every time.  Should be forced to present ID, and ID should be placed in the system.  Try to buy again?  Nope, not happening, go fuck yourself.

But you and I both know that'll never happen. We're about to start civil war right?  We can start breaking their kneecaps soon, don't worry.
View Quote

One old guy in his sixties was probably first in line, and walked out with the only 3080. As he walked by the rest of the line he was cackling the whole timing repeating “I got the only one.” I’m pretty sure he wasn’t rushing home to play Cyberpunk.

I was most surprised to see the 3090s selling out, and they had a bunch of those. I’m a GPU snob, but no way in hell am I paying $1500 for a couple percentage points of performance. A true sign of the times when one can sell an ultra high end GPU for over MSRP.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I checked online prices for the 2080Ti.  INSANITY!  I'm seeing $1500+ all over the place.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I checked online prices for the 2080Ti.  INSANITY!  I'm seeing $1500+ all over the place.
View Quote

Pretty much anything on the 10 series and up is pants on head retarded now...I just pray to God my video card doesn't die anytime soon. My only option would be to buy a whole new pre-built computer just for the video card
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Are there any retailers doing legit preorders for the 3080ti that you can reasonably expect timely delivery?  Or is that just wishful thinking?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are there any retailers doing legit preorders for the 3080ti that you can reasonably expect timely delivery?  Or is that just wishful thinking?
View Quote

Other than EVGA no, but new egg twitter hinted at a new system they are going to put in place, but no details.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pricing is insane. For "reasons" I get one of every GPU, and after the next generation comes out,  I have my ebay guy resell them.
I'm getting nearly what I paid for them two years later. My 2080 Ti sold for $930 a week ago, two years after I bought it for $1200.

The ebay seller I use also noted he had three sales cancelled by ebay, not because of him but because of the buyer (presumably scammers ebay caught on to) which is why my 2080 and 2070 haven't sold and were relisted.

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Good luck finding one of the new 3060's, they are not in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm hoping things settle down a little bit after Christmas, since this is the last missing piece in my build. Luckily I was able to snag a AMD 5600x at Microcenter last week.

I've seen 3090s and 3070 in stock (briefly) locally, but the 3080 seems like the sweet spot as far as the performance vs. cost ratio. I'm off all next week, so maybe I'll get lucky if I hit Microcenter every morning.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm hoping things settle down a little bit after Christmas, since this is the last missing piece in my build. Luckily I was able to snag a AMD 5600x at Microcenter last week.

I've seen 3090s and 3070 in stock (briefly) locally, but the 3080 seems like the sweet spot as far as the performance vs. cost ratio. I'm off all next week, so maybe I'll get lucky if I hit Microcenter every morning.
View Quote

My plan is to buy one component per month for the next year until I get the whole parts list, capping it all off with a VR headset for my 2021 Christmas present to myself.

I'm also planning on getting the 5600X and the 3080, although I might go with the AMD 6800xt GPU, since ray-tracing isn't as important to me as VRAM.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Pretty much anything on the 10 series and up is pants on head retarded now...I just pray to God my video card doesn't die anytime soon. My only option would be to buy a whole new pre-built computer just for the video card
View Quote

No joke.  I thought my 2080Ti crapped out the other day.  I was freaking out.  

After some troubleshooting, ended up as a bad monitor.  Best Buy had some in stock.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Sold my 1070 Ti for just under $300 a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, after two mornings of freezing my ass off waiting in line, I give up.

I showed up at 7am on Monday only to be told that there was no shipment for the day, and even if they did have one, they would not release them until Tuesday morning. There were only six people in line with me, all first time buyers, so I figured I’d have a good chance the next day.

I showed up at 7:30am today, and the line was around the corner. I was about #30.

It’s pretty clear to me that the system is rigged (probably unintentionally) in favor of the scalpers, because the folks in front clearly know which days and how early to show up. Also most of them seem to come in pairs, so they can take turns warming up in their cars, getting food/coffee, etc. while the other holds their place in line.

Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve been a long time customer of Microcenter, but their handling of this has turned me off big time. I realize the GPU/CPU shortage and the scalping is not their fault, but they aren’t doing anything to help the matter and keep their customers happy.

They could at least come out before 9 and tell everyone what they have in stock, so we don’t have to freeze our asses off fighting for 4 measly 3080s that we don’t have a chance in hell at.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#31]
There are some 3090's on newegg.... for 2100 dollars....
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There are some 3090's on newegg.... for 2100 dollars....
View Quote

Why would I get herps from a $2100 hooker when I can get herps from a $21 hooker?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:33:33 AM EDT
[#33]
I’ve been a long time customer of Microcenter, but their handling of this has turned me off big time. I realize the GPU/CPU shortage and the scalping is not their fault, but they aren’t doing anything to help the matter and keep their customers happy.

They could at least come out before 9 and tell everyone what they have in stock, so we don’t have to freeze our asses off fighting for 4 measly 3080s that we don’t have a chance in hell at.
View Quote

Don't know where your Microcenter is located. I happened to be in the Atlanta area at the start of December, stopped by the one east of Marietta. They had a combo deal. Bought that, walked out with the 3090 I needed. They had 3090, 3080, and 3070 in stock. Going fast but not crazy town. My understanding is they had literally just taken them off the truck.

Guess what I'm trying to say is it seems more luck than anything at this point and time.

Let me tell you, flying home with a 3090 in your luggage and hoping it isn't stolen is far from fun. I managed to buy my other 3090 by watching the PC Parts deal reddit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:03:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I WILL put a 3080 in my upcoming gaming build.  I'm saving money until spring.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Same here
View Quote
I really wanted a 3080 FE.  then I settled for trying to grab any 3080 I could find.  then I settled for any 3070 (within reason) I could grab.  I haven't come up with shit yet.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Don't know where your Microcenter is located. I happened to be in the Atlanta area at the start of December, stopped by the one east of Marietta. They had a combo deal. Bought that, walked out with the 3090 I needed. They had 3090, 3080, and 3070 in stock. Going fast but not crazy town. My understanding is they had literally just taken them off the truck.

Guess what I'm trying to say is it seems more luck than anything at this point and time.
View Quote

I guess it depends on the Microcenter. From talking to other folks in line, the local store puts them out in the morning, and the line reaches around the building. I showed up at 7:30am a couple days after Christmas in 20 degree weather and was about #30. By store opening, I’d guess there was at least another 30 behind me. No idea how early you have to get there to be at the front of the line.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Newegg has been dropping stock btw 6-8pm EST.
Look up “live Ryzen stock” on YouTube and find a stream by fixitfixitfixit. He has a program that is pinging Newegg, bestbuy and Amazon for stock. When it detects stock it plays an audio signal.
I was camping out for 2 weeks trying to snag a 5900x and either a 3080 or 6800xt (I don’t care about ray tracing. I only do DCS in VR). This past Monday I managed to get a 5900x and 6800xt from Newegg.
You do still gotta be quick but it is possible.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm still tossing around whether or not I want to wait and try to get a 3080ti when they come around or try to snag a 3090 as soon as I can.  I'm afraid of the same situation that happened with the original release happening again with the Supers and Ti's.  Would my Ryzen 7 2700X bottleneck the 3090 much?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm still tossing around whether or not I want to wait and try to get a 3080ti when they come around or try to snag a 3090 as soon as I can.  I'm afraid of the same situation that happened with the original release happening again with the Supers and Ti's.  Would my Ryzen 7 2700X bottleneck the 3090 much?
View Quote

Yes, the 2700x would bottleneck the 3090 even at higher resolutions to an extent. I have both my 3090's paired with Ryzen 5000 series for a reason.

1080p especially -

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Spent three more days in line at Microcenter. Still no luck on a 3080. Most days, they don't even have a single one. Some days they have only a couple. One kid in line said he picked up a 3080 on a day when they got a shipment of 40.

Seems like it doesn't matter if I show up two hours early or one hour before opening, about the same place in line (15-20, 30 on one odd day). Word is you have to be there a 5am to be in the front. Front liners look like scalpers to me, but maybe I'm just biased.

Local Microcenter employees did start coming out 30 minutes before opening and handing out vouchers, which is nice. At least you know if you're going to get what you want. I passed on a 3070 today, I've waited too long to settle. I suppose I could have resold it, but the couple hundred bucks isn't worth the dirty feeling of being a scalper. Seems like the prices are up too. 3070s were selling damn close to 3080 price. Around $650 for a ASUS TUF and $750 for a Strix. Not sure if ASUS raised their prices, or Microcenter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I signed up in November on the EVGA website for all the 3070 models. Finally got an email today that the $629 model was in stock for me and bought it (they honored the $569 price that it was when I signed up). Over 5 months, crazy. Finally upgrading from my 1070 that I got 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Spent three more days in line at Microcenter. Still no luck on a 3080. Most days, they don't even have a single one. Some days they have only a couple. One kid in line said he picked up a 3080 on a day when they got a shipment of 40.

Seems like it doesn't matter if I show up two hours early or one hour before opening, about the same place in line (15-20, 30 on one odd day). Word is you have to be there a 5am to be in the front. Front liners look like scalpers to me, but maybe I'm just biased.

Local Microcenter employees did start coming out 30 minutes before opening and handing out vouchers, which is nice. At least you know if you're going to get what you want. I passed on a 3070 today, I've waited too long to settle. I suppose I could have resold it, but the couple hundred bucks isn't worth the dirty feeling of being a scalper. Seems like the prices are up too. 3070s were selling damn close to 3080 price. Around $650 for a ASUS TUF and $750 for a Strix. Not sure if ASUS raised their prices, or Microcenter.
View Quote

If you get a 3070 you could be a bro and sell it on here for more than you pay but not full on scalpers prices.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If you get a 3070 you could be a bro and sell it on here for more than you pay but not full on scalpers prices.
View Quote

I finally gave up the hunt for a 3080 and bought a 3070. Luckily it was an EVGA so I submitted the request to “step up” to a 3080 when available.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#44]
My brother just got his GTX3070 after being on a waiting list for a full year, so I get his 1070 to upgrade from my 870. I can live with that arrangement.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#45]
I got my 3080 on a Best Buy drop.  I upgraded from my 1080GTX which I sold for $450 cash locally.  Basically had that card for 2 years and lost $70 on it.  I think BBY drops on Tues/Thurs so have a couple windows open/phone open and jump in the queue.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#46]
I got a 6700XT on the drops yesterday.  A little more than MSRP and I'm typically team green but beggars can't be choosers.  Any port in a storm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#47]
I'd still like to upgrade my 2070 super at some point but the novelty of a 3000 series card has kind of worn off.  I'll grab one when I can.  Would a 3070 be an improvement over the 2070S?  
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd still like to upgrade my 2070 super at some point but the novelty of a 3000 series card has kind of worn off.  I'll grab one when I can.  Would a 3070 be an improvement over the 2070S?  
View Quote
My buddy has the 2070 super. As far as he can figure, any 3000 above the 3060 Ti will give him a performnce bump. Better bump as you go to 3070, 3080, etc.

As stated above, good luck finding any of them. The 2070 S is still a great card.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My buddy has the 2070 super. As far as he can figure, any 3000 above the 3060 Ti will give him a performnce bump. Better bump as you go to 3070, 3080, etc.

As stated above, good luck finding any of them. The 2070 S is still a great card.
View Quote

Yea, I'm in no rush at this point.  The 2070S still plays any game that interests me at maxed settings, but I don't really play the latest and greatest.  I would like the bump for VR at some point.  With weather improving, I'm gaming a lot less and I'm running for a county office now so I'm busy most nights campaigning.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yea, I'm in no rush at this point.  The 2070S still plays any game that interests me at maxed settings, but I don't really play the latest and greatest.  I would like the bump for VR at some point.  With weather improving, I'm gaming a lot less and I'm running for a county office now so I'm busy most nights campaigning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I were you I'd try to get a 3060TI or 3070.  I just wouldn't pay a premium for it or try too hard.  Given the insane prices for green cards, you can probably sell that 2070S and cover the cost of your new 3070.  I certainly wouldn't pay a premium for anything new if I were in your shoes though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top