Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 2/25/2021 11:16:36 AM EDT
Joined this forum recently to discuss my AR builds, then found the SCUBA forum.

Diving since 2003, northeast wreck diver.  My long-term dive buddy retired last year and bought a house in Bonaire.  Hoping to get to visit once the travel restrictions ease up.

Anyway, thought I'd say hello.  Any other divers in PA?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!
??
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Good another cold water diver. I’m into Great Lakes wrecks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good another cold water diver. I’m into Great Lakes wrecks.
View Quote

New Jersey wreck diver here.  I don't know why, but everyone else thinks we're nuts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I grew up in NJ and moved back for 5 years. Always wondered what diving was like in NJ.

I imagine heavy wetsuit or drysuit is a must.
what's current and viz like?

what wrecks have you done in the area?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I grew up in NJ and moved back for 5 years. Always wondered what diving was like in NJ.

I imagine heavy wetsuit or drysuit is a must.
what's current and viz like?

what wrecks have you done in the area?
View Quote

Some people, not many, will dive a 7mm wetsuit.  Most use drysuits though, it's fairly cold.

Even on a good day topside, visibility and current could be unpredictable.  It's not Caribbean diving, that's for sure!  But when you get those good viz days, it's well worth it.

I hit a lot of different wrecks in my time.  Great Isaac was one I did a few times, same with the Resor, Tolten, Mohawk, the twin locomotives, and way too many others to list.  Most range from 70-160ft. deep.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Some people, not many, will dive a 7mm wetsuit.  Most use drysuits though, it's fairly cold.

Even on a good day topside, visibility and current could be unpredictable.  It's not Caribbean diving, that's for sure!  But when you get those good viz days, it's well worth it.

I hit a lot of different wrecks in my time.  Great Isaac was one I did a few times, same with the Resor, Tolten, Mohawk, the twin locomotives, and way too many others to list.  Most range from 70-160ft. deep.
View Quote

If you’re used to those conditions, you’d do fine with any of the wrecks on Lake Erie! Try Osprey Charters.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you’re used to those conditions, you’d do fine with any of the wrecks on Lake Erie! Try Osprey Charters.
View Quote

I'll check them out, but I don't get out to that part of the state very often.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top