Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2021 1:30:49 PM EDT
Adopted a 2month Tabby.
He has had diarrhea every day since. I called the adoption place.  There Vet prescribed 5 days of Panacur and three days of Ponazuril also to sprinkle a half packet of Fortifora on his food
We have done all of that.  He is still having diarrhea.  His diet consists of wet food and boiled chicken.
He also has many accidents outside the litter box
Pee and poop
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd have the cat seen by a vet.  Blood tests, etc.  The only way to really find out what's up.  Sorry your cat's sick.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]
He has a appointment tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He has a appointment tomorrow.
View Quote

Bring a stool sample if you hadn’t planned on it, it’s the only way they can tell if it’s from worms, giardia, etc.

Try feeding him only bland food, cooked white rice and boiled chicken or ground beef.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I forgot to mention.  I took a stool sample to them last week.  It came back negative.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife always got rice cereal from the babies section of the store.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#7]
You didn't mention it but milk can give them the shits. Good luck with him.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#8]
They kept him yesterday.  They said he looked dehydrated and depressed.  
Of course he is.  He has had diarrhea for almost two weeks.
 I'm waiting for the vet to call me back.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Just putting this out there.  You probably already know this.  But just in case, NO COWS MILK!  

Lactose will give cats diarrhea for sure.  Goats milk and or the kitten milk at the store is OK.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#10]
What kind of wet food and how much?

When we got Clarence he had some borderline diarrhea issues that cleared up when we took him OFF kitten food and put him on adult food. I think it was just too rich for him.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top