Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 1:49:33 AM EDT
Well I bit the bullet and traded for a 2020 F150 xlt 302a high package rear wheel drive. Color is silver spruce tan interior.
The package gives nearly everything but the moon roof.

I did the trade because I inherited my mother’s 2013 ram and keeping it with my 2013 explorer just did not make financial sense. So I went shopping.

I figured the explorer would not have much trade value but the ram surprised me. 2013 ram crew with 22300 miles. I thought I would get hosed but I got 3k less then what my mother payed for it new.

Between the explorer and the ram I only had to finance 4k to get the f150(I have used this dealership for a long time and they dropped the price substantially).

Now comes the fun of mods. Since it does not have a tailgate step, what after market step would you recommend for a short round like me?

Other dyi mods?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#2]
First thing I would do is the Start/Stop delete.  Buy the plug in module, it is very easy and worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#3]
No giant hole in the roof?  Good call.
Congrats.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First thing I would do is the Start/Stop delete.  Buy the plug in module, it is very easy and worth the money.
View Quote

Don't spend the money on the module,  go with Forscan instead,  put it on your laptop and get whatever dongle they recommend of Amazon for $50ish.  

Then you can disable the auto start/stop,  change many other things that offer more conveniences in the trucks programming elsewhere and a powerful code reader for diagnostics.  

https://forscan.org/home.html  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 2016 3.5 EB with the same package.

Get that bad boy a dyno tune.  You can get one emailed to you, and install it with an OBD tuner box.  But I highly recommend a dyno tune.

I told the guys at MPT Tuning I wanted good power that wouldn't stress the drivetrain too much.  I ended up with 435 HP and 456 ft.lb.  Nice smooth power curve.

I also installed a Full Race CAC and a TurboSmart BOV.  I don't know if the 2020 OEM CAC is better, but the 2016 one sucked.  Makes a huge difference in turbo inlet temps, and I've never had the shuddering problem (water condensing in the CAC and being ingested into the engine, putting it into limp mode - not good when you're going 70 mph on a crowded highway.  This was a problem with earlier models that had OEM CAC's.)

The other thing I would add is a catch can.  The Gen 2 turbo engines are much better, since they are a combo port/direct injection.  It's still not a bad idea.

My 2016 is DI only, and without the catch can I'll get fouled plugs over time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Do the katzkin leather. Seriously.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]
You should check out f150forum.com

They have lots of info to help out
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Catch can, reverse lights, a pillar lights, stubby antenna, built right bed system.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't spend the money on the module,  go with Forscan instead,  put it on your laptop and get whatever dongle they recommend of Amazon for $50ish.  

Then you can disable the auto start/stop,  change many other things that offer more conveniences in the trucks programming elsewhere and a powerful code reader for diagnostics.  

https://forscan.org/home.html  
View Quote

Or if you want to be really cheap and the truck has a power outlet, use a night light and keep it plugged in. Ranger folks have done this for a year or so with no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top