Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2020 10:48:09 AM EDT
Howdy all,

Hope this is the right sub-forum. I'm not active here much, (I lurk around the Armoury mostly) but I came here to get an American input on your new EAR99 export laws.

It is my understanding that april this year Trump signed new laws that moved around some things that used to be classified under ITAR, and thus needed an export license. One such item is muzzle devices. I refer to this blog post: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/04/28/surefire-flash-hiders-muzzle-brakes-are-now-ear99-for-export/

I'd like to export from the US a surefire warcomp, I can't find a local supplier. With muzzle brakes and flash hiders now being EAR99, can I just buy it online on and have it shipped right to my door in AUS?
I had a cursory glance at optic planet's website, and noticed they still had an ITAR export warning on the warcomp and wasn't sure if it was able to be exported yet?

Many thanks,
Skipper
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Based on SureFire's own press release, it sounds like they are aware that the new rules came into effect on March 9, 2020. I would also assume that SF is an experienced enough company to have somebody they can ask ITAR questions of, and it sounds like they were ready and happy for the changes.

So I say, go ahead and order direct from SF, and you shouldn't face any problems at all (from the US side).

Besides, as the manufacturer, it would be on them if they exported incorrectly.

If you were buying something more obscure, and it was a smaller company, one way to hopefully address the concern would be to simply share the TFB post you shared with us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top