Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 3:56:55 AM EDT
Just saw this over at Nexus, supposedly a big DLC is out for New Vegas.
From the way it reads it’s going to be quite large and introduce the BOS into a new area.
This is going to take place in Portland area to avoid conflicts with the original game structure.
You’ll be able to download it direct from Steam, or from Nexus using your mod manager.
Looks to be interesting!

https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14433

https://www.falloutthefrontier.com/story/
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up!

The screen shots of Portland are great. It looks like they did a deep dive into current and historic PDX.
Some structures were torn down years ago.

Hell. Parts look better than now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I should fire NV back up on my computer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks pretty good for a 3rd party mod.
Fallout - The Frontier - Is Finally Here! Part 1.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried to install it on my sons pc but it needed several files installed before we could even try and they are all 7 zip files. Mod manager doesn’t recognize any of the files. Fucking load of crap how it won’t load but we tried it out a few nights ago.. I hope it works from steam easier. We were going to give it a try again this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Mods been taken down. The team imploded over night. 7 years of work gone just like that, wow.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Torrent magnet link?

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like it's available.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68009
View Quote

It's cool it's back.

I think they removed some content though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no idea how to even install this mod, but it looks pretty cool.  I own the Steam version, if that matters.
View Quote

Trying to figure that out myself.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife is the OP, she’s almost a bigger gamer nerd than I am.

If your downloading from Nexus, you’ll need to install Vortex, it’s a mod manager.
Once you do, you’ll need to install the requirements which are easy to do using the Vortex manager.
Then you’ll need to install NVSE which is a script extender that’ll help/let the mods run.
Once you have those you can use Vortex to download the new DLC.
Also, read the complete description and the post for more info and people’s take on the mod.

It sounds complicated but really isn’t once you get used to using a mod manager, and there are lots of tutorials on YouTube.
Honestly, in my opinion,  learn to use Vortex, there are so many mods for so many games on Nexus you’ll be able to upgrade and change the same old boring vanilla game into something new with many more quest, characters, items, and followers.
From all the Fallout series to all the Skyrim series, the Witcher, and so on.

ETA...
As far as I know, it’s only available for the Steam download version right now, though they did say it will “eventually” be available for console (XBox).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top