Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2023 3:43:03 AM EDT
I've been waiting for this for about a year and a half. In July 2021, I bought a BMW X3 M40i and had written into the deal, first dibs on the G87 M2.

Dealer followed through and I got the first allocation, and the order was placed on 2/28/23! Build should begin in April and we expect delivery probably in June. I cannot wait!

This will be the last fully ICE manual BMW M car, their words, not mine. Future cars are either mild hybrids or full electrified, and they're working to kill off the manual. For M3/M4 you can't get higher variants with a manual, and a BMW boss said that there was great debate as to whether or not they were going to even offer a manual in the M2. I'm glad they did, and since it will be the last ICE manual M car, I expect to keep it forever.

My spec;

Manual
Toronto Red
Cognac interior
Bi-color wheels
Lighting package (Full adaptive LEDS)
Carbon fiber roof
Heater steering wheel

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 4:41:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Enjoy your made in Mexico bmw. I have a m2 comp but the new one just does nothing for me. Looks like a Kia.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 4:53:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Enjoy your made in Mexico bmw. I have a m2 comp but the new one just does nothing for me. Looks like a Kia.
View Quote
Ok I will. Just as I enjoy my made in America M coupe.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
The b58 is a monster. I looked hard at the x3m40i a while back.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The b58 is a monster. I looked hard at the x3m40i a while back.
View Quote
The B58 in the M40i was fantastic. This car has the S58 M version.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
very cool

i like your browser favorite names :)
View Quote

Hahaha thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome car, congrats OP
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Awesome car, congrats OP
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The B58 in the M40i was fantastic. This car has the S58 M version.
View Quote

Yup! That B58 almost got me to try BMW, and I may have, had EV's not been a thing and gas prices not be what they are.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Classy
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:20:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yup! That B58 almost got me to try BMW, and I may have, had EV's not been a thing and gas prices not be what they are.
View Quote

I was astonished at how good the gas mileage was with that car, even with me heavy footing it everywhere. I averaged 25mpg easily. Even better than the turbo 4 I have in my Mazda CX50 which hovers around 21MPG.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Whelp this was short lived. Found out today that dealer wants to play ADM shenanigans after over a year and a half of telling me no more than MSRP.

I told them to fuck off. I don't need a baby M car bad enough to play their fucking games.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Whelp this was short lived. Found out today that dealer wants to play ADM shenanigans after over a year and a half of telling me no more than MSRP.

I told them to fuck off. I don't need a baby M car bad enough to play their fucking games.
View Quote

Eff that - there are dealerships out there selling at MSRP or below for M cars. Glad you told them to pound sand. Did you get your deposit back or hopefully not pay it yet? I'd call around until you find one that has an available allocation and won't play fuckfuck games. If you're not against ordering from out of state I can ask my SA if they have any.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice car OP, but don’t try to race me in my turbo Accord.  
(Because you would mop the floor with me)
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Eff that - there are dealerships out there selling at MSRP or below for M cars. Glad you told them to pound sand. Did you get your deposit back or hopefully not pay it yet? I'd call around until you find one that has an available allocation and won't play fuckfuck games. If you're not against ordering from out of state I can ask my SA if they have any.
View Quote

Interestingly my local bmw dealer immediately reached out to me and offered me their launch car at MSRP! So all is not lost yet!

Also, I didn't have a deposit down, the first in line allocation was part of a deal I had with them in 2021. I wasn't smart enough to also include "at MSRP" in that deal. They did follow through on the first allocation though!

Here's an example of several emails from them confirming MSRP;

"Justin,

YES, looks great thus far. No additional add on above MSRP. And I sincerely appreciate the consideration, please feel free to forward my information. I gladly can be of assistance. Thank you for your correspondence.

Warm Regards,"

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#16]
What are the chances that you let it eat on a track sometime?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats!  I've been away from the BMW lineup for a while now, but the M2 is probably their most enthusiast-oriented car.  Our X3M40i was FAST.  I can't imagine that engine in a smaller coupe!
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:37:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure what ADM is. I'm guessing they're up charging due to demand?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:13:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not sure what ADM is. I'm guessing they're up charging due to demand?
View Quote

Yes it's a long story that I posted on bimmerpost but yes "market adjustment."

Porsche guys are used to it. And, I get it.

The shitty thing is to do it to me after telling me MSRP all along.

Interestingly, the GM emailed me asking to talk to rectify the situation after they got lambasted on bimmerpost. I'll hear him out but I've moved on.

Looks like I secured another car with another dealer that will be here in less than a month.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Congrats!  I've been away from the BMW lineup for a while now, but the M2 is probably their most enthusiast-oriented car.  Our X3M40i was FAST.  I can't imagine that engine in a smaller coupe!
View Quote
I didn't know an SUV could perform like that X3 M40i did. It was incredible.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:16:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What are the chances that you let it eat on a track sometime?
View Quote

I will take it to track days, rallies, and such, with the couple clubs I'm in, but it'll never be a true track car. I'm a weekend warrior twisty roads in the Poconos guy.

She's probably a little too portly for real track use though I'm sure with enough money someone will use it that way.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was astonished at how good the gas mileage was with that car, even with me heavy footing it everywhere. I averaged 25mpg easily. Even better than the turbo 4 I have in my Mazda CX50 which hovers around 21MPG.
View Quote

My turbo cx5 averaged 27mpg over 80k mi.
My RDX averaged 24.2 over 12k.
Still cost me $500+/mo in gas.
My ev6 gt averages about 2.6mi/kwh. Costs me 75 bucks a month.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bet I could find what you want at or below msrp.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I will take it to track days, rallies, and such, with the couple clubs I'm in, but it'll never be a true track car. I'm a weekend warrior twisty roads in the Poconos guy.

She's probably a little too portly for real track use though I'm sure with enough money someone will use it that way.
View Quote

Honestly, that’s gone enough. Nice twisty roads are great, and taking it out for track days is plenty.

Good for you, that’s how it should be done
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes it's a long story that I posted on bimmerpost but yes "market adjustment."

Porsche guys are used to it. And, I get it.

The shitty thing is to do it to me after telling me MSRP all along.

Interestingly, the GM emailed me asking to talk to rectify the situation after they got lambasted on bimmerpost. I'll hear him out but I've moved on.

Looks like I secured another car with another dealer that will be here in less than a month.
View Quote

Good on you.  I would talk to the dealer, but in no way are they getting a penny from me after playing those games.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Have you considered Performance Center delivery?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Have you considered Performance Center delivery?
View Quote
Yes but it's not going to work out on my schedule.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats Justin. Hope the M2 acquisition works out.

That car will deliver on smiles-per-mile.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Congrats Justin. Hope the M2 acquisition works out.

That car will deliver on smiles-per-mile.
View Quote

Thank you!

It did with the other dealer! Came to post about it now that it's in writing. Now I'll get it on 4/8! It's in the most controversial color though.

https://eve.vsr.aws.bmw.cloud/brochure/3MF13DM0XP8D19349

The previous dealer called today to make amends. Agreed to honor the original deal. I said "thanks but no thanks".

He claims it was an internal misunderstanding. Sure, it didn't reveal itself until they got skewered on bimmerpost.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice.

Edit: You are not getting TR?

And "Internal misunderstanding"? Yeah, bullshit. More like internal scheming! Good eject.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Nice.

Edit: You are not getting TR?

And "Internal misunderstanding"? Yeah, bullshit. More like internal scheming! Good eject.

View Quote

Not now. Taking the opportunity to take a 50th anniversary launch car which comes in the blue. Otherwise I'd be waiting a long time at this point if I didn't move forward with the fuck fuck dealer.

Which I could wait obviously. But I'm heading to 50, don't want to sit around waiting for the chance to own a car when there's one in front of me today.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes but it's not going to work out on my schedule.
View Quote

Bummer.  I really want to do that on my next BMW
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Bummer.  I really want to do that on my next BMW
View Quote

Same but I am going to take one of their classes soonish. If not this year definitely next year. I like taking various high performance driving courses from time to time to keep skills fresh. I did Skip Barber in the 90s, and then Bondurant back in 2017. I'm ready to hit it again and do BMWs iteration this time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Thank you!

It did with the other dealer! Came to post about it now that it's in writing. Now I'll get it on 4/8! It's in the most controversial color though.

https://eve.vsr.aws.bmw.cloud/brochure/3MF13DM0XP8D19349

The previous dealer called today to make amends. Agreed to honor the original deal. I said "thanks but no thanks".

He claims it was an internal misunderstanding. Sure, it didn't reveal itself until they got skewered on bimmerpost.
View Quote

That blue is gorgeous, personally. Sucks about the other dealer, but glad you were able to get the car after all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That blue is gorgeous, personally. Sucks about the other dealer, but glad you were able to get the car after all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Awesome car. Once my kids are grown I may consider something similar. For now, with a family, I had to consider options with a back seat. I was looking at the. 3M competition in the flat grey with red seats. Or that bright yellow. Even had a dealership up north with one that we were talking trades.

Ended up buying a Ford Raptor instead. I think the BMW quality would have been nicer(obviously) but the truck just made more sense.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Awesome car. Once my kids are grown I may consider something similar. For now, with a family, I had to consider options with a back seat. I was looking at the. 3M competition in the flat grey with red seats. Or that bright yellow. Even had a dealership up north with one that we were talking trades.

Ended up buying a Ford Raptor instead. I think the BMW quality would have been nicer(obviously) but the truck just made more sense.
View Quote
No less bad ass! Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#39]
The blue will definitely help you find the car in the parking lot.     I'm thinking Richard Petty would approve of that color.  David
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The blue will definitely help you find the car in the parking lot.     I'm thinking Richard Petty would approve of that color.  David
View Quote
Ha! No doubt!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's one benefit to owning an interesting color!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#42]
One cool thing about being one of the first to get a new car, I just found out, is that aftermarket people will offer to use you to test and model their products.

I had a forged wheel company reach out and I'm going to be the pilot vehicle for a wheel they're releasing, which I love, and I'll be receiving a 50% discount!
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Valvetronic Designs reached out to me and offered me a free exhaust if they could use my car as their test bed for their G87 products! They'll be getting my car on delivery day for about a week and I'll pick it up with the new exhaust.

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Jealous of you OP.  My dealer told me it will be a year if I order a M2 now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#46]
My car should have been delivered on 4/8, but has been delayed at the NJ port since arriving in the USA. Turns out, a splashguard underneath was scraped during shipping, and they won't release it until they fix it.

Found out today that the part should be in the USA next week, that my car is a priority for the VDC, and that I should receive it by the 2nd week of May.

I think it's pretty cool that they are making it right before releasing it. I've come to learn that the BMW VDCs are extensions of the factory and often do better work than the factory if they have to correct paint and such.

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Arrived at the dealer today! Picking up tomorrow! Cannot wait! But it is going straight to the PPF guy for a while so I'll enjoy it in a couple weeks.

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#48]
I always love seeing fun BMWs in fun colors.

Congrats
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Yes, great news! The break-in is annoying but be sure to follow it. Post up when you take delivery!
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Thank you will do! Most reviews are very positive about this color and looks in person. Something about it doesn't captured well on camera. The performance is phenomenal.

2023 BMW M2 G87 Track Shakedown at Autobahn South!!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top