Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2021 10:35:47 AM EDT
150 pilots this year. Dust off off those resumes if you are interested.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Per their profile on airline pilot central, their las pilot to upgrade to captain was hired 15 years ago.  That's potentially a helluva long wait to make captain and a lot of guys in front of you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Per their profile on airline pilot central, their las pilot to upgrade to captain was hired 15 years ago.  That's potentially a helluva long wait to make captain and a lot of guys in front of you.
View Quote

Riding right seat in a Phenom 300, that's a long time!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

300lb+ Netjets pilot let me check out the Phenom cockpit in ACK.  That dude must have used a giant shoehorn to get himself in there.  Made the PC24 cockpit feel like a widebody.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Making $148 a flight hour after 10 hours helps alleviate the sting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do they still get five crew meals a day?

I don’t see how you’d spend a nickel in per diem.

The problem is flying small cabin stuff gets old. APUs, microwaves, and cold storage is really nice
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't see how you'd spend a nickel in per diem.

The problem is flying small cabin stuff gets old. APUs, microwaves, and cold storage is really nice
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see how you'd spend a nickel in per diem.

I can't wait till I'm in a real aircraft, APU and external Lav service.  Damn honey bucket lav's suck.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

We do a mixture between a citation II and our Challenger 300. I enjoy the little slowtation, We see some neat little airfields with it. I also love scaring the shit out of the MTSU kids with it when we hop into Murfreesboro

Both are going away soon though. Our challenger is a lease being replaced by a Falcon 8X shortly. We’re all in queue to attend FSI for type rides hopefully in the next month or so. ETA on the jet is still a few more months out.

Found out last Friday the board approved selling the citation and replacing with a Phenom 300.

So interesting transitions ahead for us!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t know what any of that means, but what would be the approximate gross pay of a 3 year FO, and a 15 year Cpt.?  

Asking for a friend.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don’t know what any of that means, but what would be the approximate gross pay of a 3 year FO, and a 15 year Cpt.?  

Asking for a friend.  Thanks.
View Quote

Honestly, the only reasons I'd looking at NJA is if I lived in someplace completely non-commutable or was 65+.

According the APC (yeah, I know!) profile both are about 150k+ if you include perdiem and other extras on the 76 day schedule.

That's about 4th year pay at Frontier or Spirit as an FO, working far less.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:17:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Honestly, the only reasons I'd looking at NJA is if I lived in someplace completely non-commutable or was 65+.

According the APC (yeah, I know!) profile both are about 150k+ if you include perdiem and other extras on the 76 day schedule.

That's about 4th year pay at Frontier or Spirit as an FO, working far less.
View Quote

15 year captain on the 76 day schedule is making roughly $240k before OT (usually add another 10%) and Flight Duty Pay. We are right now averaging  30 hours or so of flight time a 7 day tour which works out to an extra $3000 of FDP. As a brand new FO on the 7 and 7 you will prob clear $100k first year with all the extras. Message me if you got some questions.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don’t see how you’d spend a nickel in per diem.

View Quote

We can actually ask for two deviations each day which works out to $46 you can spend on meals. I usually do a crew meal for lunch then use a deviation for a good dinner.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:34:17 AM EDT
[#12]
So, what's the story on hiring over 65 Guys?

Former Airline Guys?

Are they doing it? Frowning on it?

Asking for "A Friend"
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Former Airline Guys?

Asking for "A Friend"
View Quote

Have your friend put the app in. Those three ex wives must be expensive if your friend wants to continue working after airline retirement.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Have your friend put the app in. Those three ex wives must be expensive if your friend wants to continue working after airline retirement.
View Quote
LOL as a guy who lives near a lot of airline pilots I see a lot of this. I have a non pilot friend paying $36,000 a year in alimony. His ex got one of the local lawyers who does pilot divorces
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't want to work after I retire, and I've only got one ex wife, but I may not have any choice.

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't want to work after I retire, and I've only got one ex wife, but I may not have any choice.

https://i.imgur.com/pggnBbK.jpg
View Quote

Your graph hits too close to home.  I’ve had the shittiest aviation career arc and it isn’t getting any better.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Former Airline Guys?

Asking for "A Friend"
View Quote

How old is the average NJ captain?  I have heard horror stories of FOs babysitting the 70+ crowd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top