Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/25/2021 11:41:51 AM EDT
Am i wrong for thinking Thanksgiving is the wrong day to come out of the closet? No warning. We got a call this morning at 8am that my nephew was bringing his "guy friend". Confirmed that kind of friend.

I usually don't care who someone loves or what they do in bed. I am 53 and live in Memphis. We have a large gay community and have been around gays my whole life. I dont like the pushy, fabulous, in your face, political "proud and loud" crowd, but i have never been offended by the orientation.

But..... I dont think today is the day that this topic should be the center of attention. No matter what anyone says, this will be on everyone's mind.

I have no family left. The dinner was going to be at my MIL's house. We do not have a turkey thawed at our house, so we are fucked for turkey dinner.

I love my nephew, he is a good kid, works, pays his bills, going to school, etc. I am happy he has someone he cares for and that cares for him, but... once again, WRONG DAY TO COME OUT!

edit:

It isn't about any of that

My nephew made the day about him.

The day is never about 1 person.

The day should be about us as a family not 1 person. I feel it was selfish. Selfish AS FUCK.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Who cares?

Everyone loves who they love.

In most cases like that, everyone already knew anyway.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]
He may try to convert you with his potions and incantations; the gays are very, very crafty.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who cares?

View Quote

Yup.  Who cares?  Be thankful he's happy and healthy, no matter who he falls in love with.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He may try to convert you with his potions and incantations; the gays are very, very crafty.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Hope you don't catch it....
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#6]
This thread is super gay!
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who cares?

View Quote

Exactly, no cares given.  Get him a fruit basket for Christmas.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Attention whores do attention whoring things.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#9]
He also may feel it's the easiest day to come out, as everyone should be in one spot and he has to only do it once. Rip the bandaid type of thing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#10]
If someone has something to tell the whole family, an event where the whole family is present seems like as good a time as any.

I personally think I'd just listen politely and then ask someone to pass the mashed potatoes like it's a normal Thanksgiving only with a gay guy at the table, but that's just me.

The real question is, is the entire family vaccinated?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#11]
If you drop something you better kick that shit outside before picking it up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who cares?

View Quote

Nope.

No one knew except his mom until this morning.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, the gays put the gypsies to shame with their black magic. If at all possible capture some of their tears, they are said to be very powerful.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Am i wrong for thinking Thanksgiving is the wrong day to come out of the closet? No warning. We got a call this morning at 8am that my nephew was bringing his "guy friend". Confirmed that kind of friend.

I usually don't care who someone loves or what they do in bed. I am 53 and live in Memphis. We have a large gay community and have been around gays my whole life. I dont like the pushy, fabulous, in your face, political "proud and loud" crowd, but i have never been offended by the orientation.

But..... I dont think today is the day that this topic should be the center of attention. No matter what anyone says, this will be on everyone's mind.

I have no family left. The dinner was going to be at my MIL's house. We do not have a turkey thawed at our house, so we are fucked for turkey dinner.

I love my nephew, he is a good kid, works, pays his bills, going to school, etc. I am happy he has someone he cares for and that cares for him, but... once again, WRONG DAY TO COME OUT!
View Quote
will you require them to show negative COVID test results and/or laminated vax cards to attend the gathering?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanksgiving is the day to take stock of all the good things in your life, no bemoan announcements.

If you let his coming out dominate your day, its on you...not him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanksgiving is the perfect time for family craziness.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanksgiving is a day to spend with those you love and to express your thankfulness for their love. He and his boyfriend want to spend it with those they love, to include each other, and to openly express their thankfulness for their love for each other and are likely wanting to finally be able to openly express their thankfulness for your family's love and acceptance. Don't take it as the two of them trying to shove it in your face (unless they tie to the couch and make you sit there as they pound each other in the ass). Take it as they love your family and that they take enough comfort in your love for them that they feel as if they can truly be themselves for the first time.

I'm fairly sure they aren't going to ask you to join them in a gay threeway. They just want to join you in a meal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you invite his fuck doll? If you did, live with it. If you didn't it is rude for your nephew to invite him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Show his life partner your cock.

I dare you.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Doing it for the attention.
Just go and don't feed the drama.
Me personally I'd pretty much ignore them other than exchanging the bare minimum of pleasantries / greetings at the event as I don't support such as that; however, I wouldn't burn the bridge either.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Unless you are worried about the boyfriend turning you gay, i do not see what the problem is.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Who cares?

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#26]
He want's the dinner to be all about him.

I would uninvite him and tell him to fuck off.

ETA, missed the part where it's at MIL's place.
I would show up with tupperware, load up and still tell the snowflake to fuck off.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who cares?

View Quote

Yep. Don't be a curmudgeon.

Quoted:
View Quote

Only gay if balls touch.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I dare you.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who cares?

Or a fruitcake from Claxton, Georgia.

One of my BIL’s best friends is gay, and they all call him Claxton, because it’s allegedly the fruitcake capital of the country. Dude is a conservative gay man. Hates liberals. Makes it a bit tough for him in that community.

ETA, I wouldn’t be too worried about it, OP.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
   Just imagine the drama.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Meh, seems like an appropriate time to me. It’s probably pretty awkward to call someone up just to tell them you are gay. Saying “Is it okay if I bring my boyfriend to Thanksgiving?” is probably less awkward  than making some big announcement that you are gay.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#32]
If he doesn’t have a ceremony and is just bringing his date I don’t see the issue.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Offer him chicken instead of turkey since he  prefers cock.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Just say with a deadpan expression "We already knew for years"

It'll zap the attention whoring right out of the sky
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Stop making it the center of attention. They might have just told everyone so there would be no awkward moments.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#36]
He wanted Christmas to go smoother.
If he's happy, give thanks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

No it isn't the wrong day.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Make them stuff the turkey.

Quoted:
I dare you.
View Quote
Anal penetration to assert dominance!

Nobody in this thread is going to make you feel better OP. Your nephew just told you he's a homo, and that doesn't sit right with you. Maybe it will eventually, maybe it won't. It is what it is, and any day of the year, you'd probably be at least slightly uncomfortable hearing it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#40]
If thanksgiving isn’t the right family holiday to come out, then which one is?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Meh, it wouldn't be a big deal to me.
If they start attention whoring once there or are overly pushy about it, that would annoy me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#43]
I read somewhere the other day that some "celebrity" called for gays to "come out" to their families Thanksgiving Day.

Maybe he's reacting to that

Here - Google knows:
Joy Behar Come Out on Thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol...
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#45]
A gay dude being dramatic and an attention whore?

Wow that is rare.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#46]
if you say grace before the meal make sure and say something about hoping he and his friend see the error in their ways and repent before it's too late

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is there a right day to come out?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you love him so much and the orientation bothers you so little that you're refusing to allow your family to attend Thanksgiving dinner because he's coming with his boyfriend?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I wouldnt let it occupy one second of my time.  If he is a good guy as you say, just tell him hello, say hi to his friend and carry on like normal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#50]
It’s a mental illness.

The fact that he’s parading it out during a family holiday is further proof.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top