Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2018 3:07:35 AM EDT
So there are hundreds of views on Predestination. I read through many of the popular ones, and then I read the verses that justify those views. I ended up drawing completely different conclusions. It seems everyone has an opinion. Since it has been pondered for thousands of years, I thought there likely was some issues with my conclusion, but at first glance it seems plausible.

Romans 8:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Here is what I take away from reading this above verse. I don't think it needs to apply to all People, or even all Christians. It seems like a more isolated group of individuals, possibly some God orchestrated to spread the Good News, as we see it pop-up all over the known world following Christ's crucifixion.

Then I asked myself who might these people be and is there any evidence for them?

Matthew 27:52 King James Version (KJV)
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

So there is an unknown number of Saints who rise and become the first fruits of Christ's Kingdom. God obviously (foreknew) them as they had already lived Godly lives. Did he set them aside, (Predestine them) to be the first fruits of Christ's Kingdom? We have no reason to think they had an immediate expiration date on their lives, would they not have gone forth to spread the God News and Glorify Christ?

In Matthew 27:52, we see how God can know someone and predestine them, but at no point does it contradict free will. They were known to God in the first life they lived, and he knew they would conform to the image of his Son.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#1]
This guy is ex-military can be gruff and blunt, but he's spot-on in this teaching regarding predestination (no I don't agree with everything he says on other issues, but he's 100% correct on his understanding of predestination):

Predestination: It's Nothing Like You Were Told
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top