Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2022 9:09:39 PM EDT
I need a new ruck.  I enjoy rucking for exercise. I have ultralight backpacks but they are expensive and I don’t want to wear them out. So give me some rucks you guys use for carrying heavy loads for the purpose of working out.  I know goruck has fantastic ones but they are getting spend and looking for alternatives.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Eberlestock Little Brother with the hip belt and internal frame add ons.

I've been using this for over two years on APC rucks and events. It's not inexpensive but is great for the money.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
My Exo Mountain pack is super comfy for me. I've worn it on many training hikes loaded up and for several hunting seasons for archery elk. They're right around the corner from me and cool people. I screwed part of a strap and buckle and they just handed me replacements for free.

Eberlestock is also right around the corner from me. I haven't used their packs but they're also an awesome company. During the beginning of the pandemic they opened the shop door during the lockdown to handoff a sleep system to me so I could get it in time for a hunt.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:37:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not just buy an ALICE with some good straps ?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I use an ALICE based LBT bag on a MOLLE frame for 50 lbs, but a Goruck for 30 lbs.

LBT should work as well, since I tried that.  Their 15L bag is pretty similar to the 15L Bullet.  So is the Eagle Industries All prupose pack.   Both of those are, I think, 500D nylon.

Hell, if you want the LBT, I'll sell it to you for $75.  Used it once,decided it was basically identical,  so put it away and kept on rucking with what I had.
this one
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Sent you an email.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sent you an email.
View Quote

@PKT1106 never received one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My Exo Mountain pack is super comfy for me. I've worn it on many training hikes loaded up and for several hunting seasons for archery elk. They're right around the corner from me and cool people. I screwed part of a strap and buckle and they just handed me replacements for free.

Eberlestock is also right around the corner from me. I haven't used their packs but they're also an awesome company. During the beginning of the pandemic they opened the shop door during the lockdown to handoff a sleep system to me so I could get it in time for a hunt.
View Quote

Exo mountain k3 6400 pack looks like a pack that meets my needs for an upcoming backpack adventure.  

I’m thinking goruck might be the pack I go for but not set on it yet.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@PKT1106 never received one.
View Quote

Sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sent you an email.
View Quote

User icon checks out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]
GORUCK Rucker is what you seek.  I've been using their GR1 since 2013.  Their stuff works.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I went ahead and spent the money on a goruck. I’ve had it for a few days and like it. Definitely see why everyone likes them.

Thanks for all the advice.

Now my goal is 10 miles a day 5 days a week with 60 lbs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I need a new ruck.  I enjoy rucking for exercise. I have ultralight backpacks but they are expensive and I don’t want to wear them out. So give me some rucks you guys use for carrying heavy loads for the purpose of working out.  I know goruck has fantastic ones but they are getting spend and looking for alternatives.

Thanks in advance
View Quote

The new models of the Rucker are pretty reasonable for the value.    Especially if you can use their service discount.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I went ahead and spent the money on a goruck. I’ve had it for a few days and like it. Definitely see why everyone likes them.

Thanks for all the advice.

Now my goal is 10 miles a day 5 days a week with 60 lbs.
View Quote

How old are you?  A serious question.  I'm 45, in great shape, and it takes me 2-4 days to recover from a 10 mile ruck with 55-60lbs, which I usually do on Saturdays.

I run an Alice pack.  Used to use an old air force med bag, still have it in my truck with 27lbs for quick rucks or rucks away from home.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How old are you?  A serious question.  I'm 45, in great shape, and it takes me 2-4 days to recover from a 10 mile ruck with 55-60lbs, which I usually do on Saturdays.

I run an Alice pack.  Used to use an old air force med bag, still have it in my truck with 27lbs for quick rucks or rucks away from home.
View Quote

39. I’d say I’m in shape. Rucking, running, hiking always seemed easy to me. I’ve been doing 10 miles a day 5 days a week and taking Wednesday and Saturday’s off. I try to keep a 3.5 mph pace. Life’s crazy so I do it late in the evenings.

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

39. I’d say I’m in shape. Rucking, running, hiking always seemed easy to me. I’ve been doing 10 miles a day 5 days a week and taking Wednesday and Saturday’s off. I try to keep a 3.5 mph pace. Life’s crazy so I do it late in the evenings.

View Quote

Goddamn.  I envy your stamina and ability to recover.  At your tempo I'd be dead in a week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top