Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2022 7:26:20 PM EDT
My wife is a very good photographer and is sending her files to Snapfish and we are not real happy.....

So need a decent printer....not for production work, but to make maybe 2 or 3 prints a week....any suggestions....

Not sure of price range, dont want to go cheap nor in the stupid price range

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Is she color correcting them for print beforehand?   I almost never print anything these days, but I seem to remember anything you were going to print was treated differently back in the day?
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Make sure color profiles are being handled correctly.

Nothing is going to beat sending them out. I like White House Custom Colour.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
She runs all of her files thru either light room or photoshop before sending off....I am not sure all of the details...I quit photography when film went away, but now I am getting back interested....we are all Nikon and I am looking at a Nikon Z9 mirrorless body

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Pixma Pro-100, 8 ink cartridges.
Absolutely fantastic printer.
Out of production now, but the Pixma Pro-200 is out.
the specs
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1602503-REG/canon_4280c002_pixma_pro_200.html
Bring your photos and designs to life with the PIXMA PRO-200 Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo Printer from Canon. Featuring an 8-color dye-based ink system, this 13" printer is designed to meet the demands of photographers and graphic artists alike. It offers beautiful and vibrant print quality, high-speed printing, and outstanding productivity in a compact footprint, allowing you to consistently deliver the results your artistic work deserves. Compatible with a wide range of media, you can make borderless prints up to 13 x 19", and for non-borderless printing you can print custom sizes up to 13 x 39". A 3" color LCD display lets you check ink levels and perform printer maintenance, and the printer provides USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi options for connectivity.

• 8-color dye-based ink system for vibrant, high-quality prints
  • Borderless print sizes from 3.5 x 3.5" to 13 x 19"
  • Custom print sizes up to 13 x 39"
  • Prints bordered 8 x 10" print in 53 seconds
  • Black & White Photo Printing Mode
  • Compatible with Canon's Professional Print & Layout software
  • 3" color LCD display for monitoring ink levels and printer maintenance
  • Prints via Wi-Fi, USB, or networked Ethernet connection
  • Wireless PictBridge connectivity
  • Includes multi-purpose tray for printing directly on CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top