Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2020 12:24:52 AM EDT
I'm in need of a propane grill for the back patio. Some things it must have are rotisserie function, infrared searing (maybe), and a good size. A side burner is not necessary. My budget is no more than $2k.  

Help. Summer is coming and soon it'll feel like I live on the surface of the sun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Webber
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Webber
View Quote

We saw one we liked but was told to ask Arfcom .Thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Weber that was ~$500.  Got it 11 years ago and it has sat uncovered on my patio since then. It still works fine and all I have replaced are the flavorizer bars. My next gas grill will be a Weber.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Weber Genesis.

One year my dad spent a lot of money on a Genesis. I bought a $180 hardware store gas grill that only lasted 2 years. So I moved up to a $200 box store grill. Two years later I was in the market for another gas grill. My dads Genesis still looked new and was awesome to cook with. I finally spent the money on a Genesis and a number of year later it still looks great.

Buy once, cry once.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the side burner. We use the side burner more than the grill.
Especially when frying. Keeps from smelling up the house.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 2:13:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Weber Genesis are a mainstay for affordable grills that last. Don't spring for the Summit, they don't last despite costing 3X the price. My '98 3rd-hand Genesis is still kicking (although it is getting tired)... parts are cheap; I just replaced my rusted out burners with aftermarket stainless steel for $25.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm in need of a propane grill for the back patio. Some things it must have are rotisserie function, infrared searing (maybe), and a good size. A side burner is not necessary. My budget is no more than $2k.  

Help. Summer is coming and soon it'll feel like I live on the surface of the sun.
View Quote

Broil King.  Mine has been a beast for two years and counting.

Better warranty than Weber too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I love Weber though they are largely China made as far as the gas grills that have been produced in the past 10 or so years.

Not saying they are junk but as the person above I went with a Broil King. Just the small one as I usually only sear after a sous vide.

I believe Broil King products are made in both Canada and the US.

I like my grills not China made.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love Weber though they are largely China made as far as the gas grills that have been produced in the past 10 or so years.

Not saying they are junk but as the person above I went with a Broil King. Just the small one as I usually only sear after a sous vide.

I believe Broil King products are made in both Canada and the US.

I like my grills not China made.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36418/20200328_190320_jpg-1341635.JPG

View Quote

Awesome, I didn't realize their warranty was so good! And made in Indiana, Tennessee, & Ontario using Nirth American materials according to their site.

I hope I remember that in 5 or 6 years when my Weber is totally done... going to give them a serious look!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Get the side burner. We use the side burner more than the grill.
Especially when frying. Keeps from smelling up the house.
View Quote

@huggybro

this is a pro move if you sous vide.  I have a Weber grill and like it a lot, it's a great grill.  But if you sous vide, you need wicked and direct heat to sear fast.  I use a Coleman stove sitting on top of my Weber grill to sear a sous vide steak.  It works just fine but wish I had the side burner.  Never knew how useful it could be until I started doing sous video steaks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Weber Genesis
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@huggybro

this is a pro move if you sous vide.  I have a Weber grill and like it a lot, it's a great grill.  But if you sous vide, you need wicked and direct heat to sear fast.  I use a Coleman stove sitting on top of my Weber grill to sear a sous vide steak.  It works just fine but wish I had the side burner.  Never knew how useful it could be until I started doing sous video steaks.
View Quote

I should try my Genesis side burner when searing sous vide.  It does make the house a bit smoky on a cast iron on the stove (even with exterior vent overhead on full).

And I agree that I am actively going to seek out and buy US made products.  Or at the very least North American.  I would gladly pay 10-25% more to get something Made in the USA.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I should try my Genesis side burner when searing sous vide.  It does make the house a bit smoky on a cast iron on the stove (even with exterior vent overhead on full).

And I agree that I am actively going to seek out and buy US made products.  Or at the very least North American.  I would gladly pay 10-25% more to get something Made in the USA.
View Quote

I'm with you.  I dont mind paying a bit more knowing it is supporting the families of workers here.  I have a weber q, and would like something a bit bigger.  gonna have to give broil king a look.  that or see if I can't find one being thrown out.  a friend got a spirit in great condition that way a couple weeks ago.  the ignitor "didn't work" so it was put out on the curb.  one aaa battery later and a degreasing and he has a mighty fine new grill.  wish I got it, as it came from my neighborhood haha!
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Napoleon grills are fantastic and wont break the bank.
Made in Canada all stainless steel.
Napoleon
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Napoleon grills are fantastic and wont break the bank.
Made in Canada all stainless steel.
Napoleon
View Quote

A friend just got one and highly recommended it when we began talking about grills on Facebook. They seem well made, better warranty than Broil King (only slightly) but dang their distributor network sucks. If I'm going to drop $2k on a grill I want to go to a showroom dealer that is going to let me roll a demo unit outside and cook on it. They have about a dozen of those types of dealers in the country and the nearest is 7 hrs from me.

And their wavy grill grates... I can't see how that is an improvement on std grates other than it's a marketing/branding thing. Seems like a PITA to clean and an unnecessary step that drives the cost up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Weber Genesis E-310 at the minimum. You can pick them up for $500 at the big box stores twice a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top