Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2023 3:53:02 PM EDT
I'll probably add to this but, I'll try not to ramble.

At the end of 2021, I had my gall bladder removed which was my first surgery of any kind. Throughout 2022, I then had seven surgeries and procedures on both of my eyes to remove cataracts and fix retinal tears and a detached retina. Now I'm facing surgery for a ruptured disc in my C5/C6 and a four week recovery.

I'm helping care for my father who is four years into dementia and being the moral support for my mother while she is working with him. I also have my wife and two beautiful kids to support and take care of.

I know God only gives me what he knows my shoulders can carry but, I need a break. My family is small, only being the six of us but, if they were not in the picture I would eat a bullet right now. Nothing the doctors have done while I'm waiting for the surgery has been able to give me an ounce of relief from the pain and I don't think I've had a full night's sleep for over a month. It's wearing me down.

I'm not asking for a pity party but, these aren't words I can speak to my family. I'm going to reach out to my pastor tonight after service as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be praying as often as I think about you today. Praying now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Prayers up for you, OP. And I will be attending church this evening so will pray for you then as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
May God bless you and keep you, and offer you relief from this burden.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Praying
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers for you, your parents, wife & children.

If you have the surgery, follow thru with the physical therapy afterwards.
IMO, in many cases, the PT will have a major impact on your recovery.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent op
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Hold tight to your faith and cling to God.
I'll be praying for you brother.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Brother, I can tell you it is true that Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you. There are others here besides me who can tell you that in the darkest times in our lives, He IS with you.

When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.

“Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”

And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

May God show you in the clearest way possible that He loves you and He is with you even at this moment, and may He give you peace through the Holy Spirit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brother, I can tell you it is true that Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you. There are others here besides me who can tell you that in the darkest times in our lives, He IS with you.

When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.

“Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”

And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

May God show you in the clearest way possible that He loves you and He is with you even at this moment, and may He give you peace through the Holy Spirit.
View Quote

Amen.

If you happen to be in Indiana, please PM me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Amen.

If you happen to be in Indiana, please PM me.
View Quote
I gave away the rosary you sent me. A challenged girl working at walmart really wanted it and she talked to me about church and I talked to her about the Lord and it was a really good thing. That was because of you man.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#12]
That's great to hear, brother.  Not because of me though.  If something good came of it, it was from God.  I would be glad to send you another even if it may keep you from speeding.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's great to hear, brother.  Not because of me though.  If something good came of it, it was from God.  I would be glad to send you another even if it may keep you from speeding.
View Quote

I needed that head's up, abnk! My wife got on my case about, well..being in a rush while driving us home from Mass this morning!
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#14]
My family will be praying for you and yours OP. Hang in there Brother.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Sending prayers for you and your family.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Praying for relief and strength...
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Prayers sent.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Praying
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you all. I got about two hours of sleep last night and just got back from the surgeon's office a bit ago. I've got to go through a couple rounds of pain management injections before the surgery can be done so I'm waiting to hear back. I'm grateful for what I have.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thank you all. I got about two hours of sleep last night and just got back from the surgeon's office a bit ago. I've got to go through a couple rounds of pain management injections before the surgery can be done so I'm waiting to hear back. I'm grateful for what I have.
View Quote

Thank you for the update! Prayed for you and your family at Mass this morning and will continue to do so.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Praying for you OP
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I will certainly pray for you my brother, unfortunately I understand fully the darkness you are in, it's life changing, but in the end can be a spiritual blessing.

Remember to count it all Joy, Omne Gaudium Computat

No matter how dark the darkness or how deep the suffrage, you have to count it all Joy, mature in your faith and spirituality, or else you will descend further into darkness.  Do not let the darkness overtake you.

St James 1:2-4 DRC1752
My brethren, count it all joy, when you shall fall into divers temptations; Knowing that the trying of your faith worketh patience. And patience hath a perfect work; that you may be perfect and entire, failing in nothing.

2 Timothy 2:11-12 DRC1752
A faithful saying: for if we be dead with him, we shall live also with him. If we suffer, we shall also reign with him. If we deny him, he will also deny us.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Praying for you, OP.  

If it's helpful at all, maybe consider the possibility that you hanging tough through this time just might provide the inspiration someone else might need to go through their own challenges?  You never know.  I would just encourage you to keep on, don't lose faith, don't lose your hope, and try to find something to be joyful about and thankful for every day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Prayers up for you, Raignis. Surgeries aren't any fun, hope they help you out in the end.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#25]
offering prayers
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Prayers for you OP
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Praying
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll probably add to this but, I'll try not to ramble.

At the end of 2021, I had my gall bladder removed which was my first surgery of any kind. Throughout 2022, I then had seven surgeries and procedures on both of my eyes to remove cataracts and fix retinal tears and a detached retina. Now I'm facing surgery for a ruptured disc in my C5/C6 and a four week recovery.

I'm helping care for my father who is four years into dementia and being the moral support for my mother while she is working with him. I also have my wife and two beautiful kids to support and take care of.

I know God only gives me what he knows my shoulders can carry but, I need a break. My family is small, only being the six of us but, if they were not in the picture I would eat a bullet right now. Nothing the doctors have done while I'm waiting for the surgery has been able to give me an ounce of relief from the pain and I don't think I've had a full night's sleep for over a month. It's wearing me down.

I'm not asking for a pity party but, these aren't words I can speak to my family. I'm going to reach out to my pastor tonight after service as well.
View Quote

Prayers sent!
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#30]
prayers inbound
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for your update, Raignis.

"Heavenly Father: your faithful Son, Raignis, has been fulfilling your will and not his for a time and a season. He has been loving and caring for Family. The time now comes for you and your son, our Blessed Lord, to shine your face and healing power upon his health so that he may continue to serve you. Bless Raignis and have his pain management session go well, so that his ultimate procedures and surgery make him whole and well so that he may continue to better serve you.

We ask this in the name of our Lord and Savior, your Son, Jesus."

~BNA

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thanks for your update, Raignis.

"Heavenly Father: your faithful Son, Raignis, has been fulfilling your will and not his for a time and a season. He has been loving and caring for Family. The time now comes for you and your son, our Blessed Lord, to shine your face and healing power upon his health so that he may continue to serve you. Bless Raignis and have his pain management session go well, so that his ultimate procedures and surgery make him whole and well so that he may continue to better serve you.

We ask this in the name of our Lord and Savior, your Son, Jesus."

~BNA
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Wah0EdXnHIE/X45zKx1UuwI/AAAAAAAACZA/G4f4mvOQShANZuTYtR6wv13LrzI9Rt2QQCLcBGAsYHQ/s602/jesus%2Basistiendo%2Ba%2Blos%2Bmedicos.jpg
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Prayers said my brother.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:37:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Prayers OP. I know people who have gone through back surgery and come out much better. God speed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Praying
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#36]
How are you  doing op?  @Raignis
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Prayers sent. Take care of yourself brother.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Praying for you now.   How are you coming along?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Thank you everyone. This has been a source of comfort. I've been referred to pain management and I'm getting an epidural? injection next Monday with another one scheduled two weeks later. I'm praying that can give me some relief while I'm waiting for the surgery in mid-June.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Praying for you and your family
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Good morning. Well, after getting the shot at pain management on Monday afternoon, I was actually able to sleep in bed last night for the first time in five months. I did have some pain in my arm as soon as I woke up but, I can say that there has been a reduction in the amount of pain. Not a whole lot of reduction but, it doesn't seem as mind numbing as usual. I have another shot in two weeks followed by surgery two weeks later so, there is finally some light at the end of this tunnel. God bless.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good morning. Well, after getting the shot at pain management on Monday afternoon, I was actually able to sleep in bed last night for the first time in five months. I did have some pain in my arm as soon as I woke up but, I can say that there has been a reduction in the amount of pain. Not a whole lot of reduction but, it doesn't seem as mind numbing as usual. I have another shot in two weeks followed by surgery two weeks later so, there is finally some light at the end of this tunnel. God bless.
View Quote

Good news Brother!
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#43]
God ALWAYS gives us more than we can handle….so we can choose to rely on Him in our great need.

He allows suffering so that others may receive the blessing of encouraging you.

May He allow you the comfort of knowing His sweet presence as you endure through the suffering.

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#44]
prayers sent
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Being a caretaker is a heavy burden and dementia particularly difficult.
Give all your suffering to God. He's asked that you pick up this cross and follow Him.

You and your family are in my prayers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top