Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2021 8:46:08 PM EDT
I wanted to get plumbing advice from the hive. I want to a full bathroom to my basement and had a few question. Can I use an air admittance valve for the sewage elector pump. Where should I vent the line going to the pump. I thought about using sani flo but I don’t want to raise everything off the floor to much since the ceiling height is 7’5”. I included a basic layout.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wanted to get plumbing advice from the hive. I want to a full bathroom to my basement and had a few question. Can I use an air admittance valve for the sewage elector pump. Where should I vent the line going to the pump. I thought about using sani flo but I don’t want to raise everything off the floor to much since the ceiling height is 7’5”. I included a basic layout.
View Quote

No, the sump pit (and this goes for the sani flow type units as well) need to be able to vent the positive pressures produced as the water level rises. air admittance valve do not allow for this.

The ejector pit should have 3 holes in the lid, 1 for the wire grommet, 1 for the discharge, and one for the vent.

As to venting the fixtures, I dont know PA code, But in WI you can use an AAV to vent the 2 Lave drain, and as long as you use 2" afterwards, wet vent the stool and tub with that

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Jake. Thanks for info. I will look into where I can put the vents tonight. Can I tie the sewage effector vent and wet vent together?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Functionally, yes...

Code wise, it depends, we used to have to have the vent for the pit go through the roof alone, but that changed quite awhile ago. In MN, it's up to the county, but all I've worked in allowed the vent for the pit to be combined with the vent system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top